PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strength of Schedule: Calculated ANTI-PATRIOT Move By NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 2nd this post, just in case the a-holes missed it.

You Too, Embrace-da-Hate-n-08, good to see that Us BDC 'O.G.'s gots each others backs... Hood Love (lol)

of note: still, yaaah, not quite one of my better Posts...

Last edited by a moderator:
You Too, Embrace-da-Hate-n-08, good to see that Us BDC 'O.G.'s gots each others backs... Hood Love (lol)

of note: still, yaaah, not quite one of my better Posts...

Laz, the BDC site has been down for 3 days, i hope it stays that way, rest in peace BDC.

Any post concerning Patriots football is a good post, some people are only capable of responding aholingly while others can create. I prefer to think outside the box. The law of averages created this Patriots easier schedule but is any schedule really easy? (NO)

Things change so fast in the NFL from year to year, with FA's and the draft, that no one really knows if the schedule will be easy or hard until more than half the games have been played.

Things change so fast in the NFL from year to year, with FA's and the draft, that no one really knows if the schedule will be easy or hard until more than half the games have been played.

Agreed, there are no easy games in the nfl, if you don't play your ''A'' game you can and will lose.

I think your wasting your time with this analysis. The schedule is determined in advance. The only thing that is yet to be determined is the winner of the AFC West and the AFC North. The winners of those to divisions will play the Pats next year. Ever since the Texans merged into the league, there has been a rotation of divisions the Pats play every year. Last year the Pats played the NFC East and the AFC North. This year the Pats play the NFC West and the AFC West. Next year the Pats play the NFC South and the AFC South. And so on, there is no conspiracy.

Last edited:
Laz, the BDC site has been down for 3 days, i hope it stays that way, rest in peace BDC.

Any post concerning Patriots football is a good post, some people are only capable of responding aholingly while others can create. I prefer to think outside the box. The law of averages created this Patriots easier schedule but is any schedule really easy? (NO)

Agreed, People on BDC just want to fight, A conversation, any conversation should focus more on Progress than Victory...This, and YOU hit upon my favorite, well, $5-phrase from T.S, Eliot's Prufrok: "There will be a time, there will be a time...To murder or create"...

I often ask myself, and others should do the same, "Do I want to murder, tear things apart, smash things down, Or Do I want to create, build things up, try make some beauty...". I figure that Even if I'm wildly wrong in that "creation" process or IF I fail miserably (to wit: THIS Thread), I feel a whole heck-of-alot better about myself and My World (which has purple skies and chocolate Easter bunny men running all around, and one never has to go hungry (ya know, because the men are milk chocolate, and everyone loves that, ehh?))...

Since TB and Moss broke records and pats record was 16-0, Pats is the most discussed team in NFL among fans. We need to get use to it and ignore these people because they are jelous.

If 2-14 Dolphin had our schedule, nobody would say anything.

Strength of Schedule? A team that was a bad team last year may be a good team this year and a team that was a good team last year might suck this year.

Why so much fighting? This is an excellent forum to discuss the New England Patriots. Sure - some threads are better than others. Ignore the threads you do not like everything will be fine.

The NFL has no bearing on the strength of schedule numbers. The Patriots' schedule in 2008 was determined in 2002.

Next...

Well, to be precise, 7/8 of it was. The only part we didn't know was the AFC North and AFC South representatives.

Well, to be precise, 7/8 of it was. The only part we didn't know was the AFC North and AFC South representatives.

Right, but it's not like the NFL had any say in that either when this schedule was "released" in April.

Last edited:
Sammybluecat:
I know that this belong's within the Off-Topic Forum, but hey, My Thread, It was shot to He!! before it even began lmao, but I Just had to tell someone, I just put a payment down on a Blue/Silver Bengal hybrid...

Right, but it's not like the NFL had any say in that either when this schedule was "released" in April.

I STILL say there's a Conspiracy...something between Upshaw, Specter, EveryoneScrewsPatriotNation...and, umm, ya might as well throw in The Stay-Puft-Marshmallow-Man (never Did trust that fella)...

Let the haters say what they want.

If anything, I think the league purposely frontloaded our 2005 schedule. That was ridiculously hard the first month and a half.

I often ask myself, and others should do the same, "Do I want to murder, tear things apart, smash things down, Or Do I want to create, build things up, try make some beauty

I hope the Patrots defense tears down the Chiefs offense and the Patriots offense murders the Chiefs on the scoreboard thus creating a Patriots victory and building some confidence for a beautiful start to the season.

I hope the Patrots defense tears down the Chiefs offense and the Patriots offense murders the Chiefs on the scoreboard thus creating a Patriots victory and building some confidence for a beautiful start to the season.

lol...but, ya see therein would Lay Pure Beauty... Nothing like playing possum as a Free Safety, laying in wait for the ultimate act of Creating the Perfect opportunity to Tear someone's head off with a blindside (well, that Is, until a few years ago the poster-boy Dolt's made it so WRs are untouchable)...

Why say "dumb thread"? Is it a requirement to be an a$shole on this forum?
I know it's not in the quote, but I saw it there before you changed it.

I think it's an interesting analysis, even if it doesn't prove the theory placed by the subject line.

Some of you guys SERIOUSLY need an enema.
You've had one too many enemas, evidently. It was bad enough that someone was dumb enough to post that, even worse that someone took it seriously and think it's an "interesting analysis."

Go back and read the posts from #2 on again.

Last edited:
I STILL say there's a Conspiracy.....
Then you are even dumber than I thought. And that's saying something :D

The schedule was made in early 2002 for the seasons 2002-2009. It was set up to be fair.

In those eight years, every AFC team will play every NFC team exactly twice, once at home and once away. Every NFC team will play a home and away with every AFC team.

Each year, each division will play all four teams in one of the other three conference divisions.

And, of course, every team plays the other three teams in their division twice, once home and once away.

This within-division home and away set accounts for 6 of the 16 games played each year.

And, as stated, every team in a given division plays every team in one out-of-conference division, meaning that every team in each division plays the same out-of-conference teams as the other teams in the division. (Which division is played is rotated, but in the eight years, every team will play every team in the other conference twice, once home and once away.

That's another 4 games a year, ten total.

Also as stated, every team in each division plays every team in another conference division. That's 4 more games in which each team in a given division plays the same teams as every other team in its division.

14 games so far, with every team in each division facing the same opponents as the other teams in the division.

How could that not be fair. What conspiracy can you possibly make of the 2008 schedule that was made in 2002?

The other two teams? Well, since each division plays all the teams in ONE of the other three conference divisions, that leaves two divisions.

Not wanting to leave them to random chance and to prevent people from saying favoritism (most people, not you or Enema Boy, evidently), the division winner of each divison plays the division winner of those two other conference divsions. And of course, the second place teams play each other, etc.

I didn't think there was a football fan alive that didn't know how the schedule was made by this time. I mean, it's been six years!

Let the haters say what they want.

If anything, I think the league purposely frontloaded our 2005 schedule. That was ridiculously hard the first month and a half.

Is it possible that that was an intentional decision by the NFL? Yes. Is it possible that the NFL manipulates the teams that the Pats play? Not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back