PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strange playoff sequence for the Patriots since 2004 with one scenerio remaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I thought about this last night and it truly is strange that this has happened in consecutive years going back to 2004 except for one possibility and it is this...

2004/05 season - The Pats win the Super Bowl
2005/06 season - The Pats lose in the divisional round game
2006/07 season - The Pats lose in the AFC Championship game
2007/08 season - The Pats lose the Super Bowl
2008/09 season - The Pats miss the playoffs

That equals everything in and around the playoff picture in 5 consecutive years,except for one thing missing.....

The Pats losing in the wild card game

If this happens then the entire scenerio has concluded - The Pats had won the big game and lost the big game and every other playoff or non playoff scenerio imaginable and possible so far except to lose in the wild card game.

I hope this upcoming game does not complete the trend....

Last edited:
I guess being a Boston sports fan and being overly superstitious go hand in hand.

You could also see the pattern that the Pats have won the Super Bowl under Belichick every year after missing the playoffs.

You could also see the pattern that the Pats have won the Super Bowl under Belichick every year after missing the playoffs.

Keep up the spirit..we need those types this week in a semi-gloomy time to be a Pats fan.

If you flip a coin 5 times, and you get heads every time.

What are your odds of getting tails on the next flip?

Apparently, the point of this thread is to prove that it's not 50/50.

Right, because its always HEADS

This outcome is much more preferable :p

If you flip a coin 5 times, and you get heads every time.

What are your odds of getting tails on the next flip?

Apparently, the point of this thread is to prove that it's not 50/50.

Apparently not,The point of this thread if you take the time to understand it is that the Pats for the past 5 years have filled just about every slot imaginable starting at the end of the regular season except one slot and its a wild card game loss..its still the only open spot and hopefully won't be filled as I said earlier.

Apparently not,The point of this thread if you take the time to understand it is that the Pats for the past 5 years have filled just about every slot imaginable starting at the end of the regular season except one slot and its a wild card game loss..its still the only open spot and hopefully won't be filled as I said earlier.

I believe his point was that each of the possible outcomes you describe are equally likely to occur in any particular season and the fact that these outcomes have come to pass in recent years as they have is as random as the outcomes of a series of coin tosses, though to carry his analogy through, it would have to be a multi-faceted coin....

Frankly, I think the key to understanding the Patriots post-season success is to realize that, if you study it carefully, the Patriots only win the Super Bowl in odd-numbered Seasons, UNLESS it happens to be an even-numbered Season. ;)

Last edited:
Re: Interesting Patriot 6 year stat

So I guess we win it all next year?

So I guess we win it all next year?

Well, it was also mentioned that the Pats won a Super Bowl every year after they didn't make the playoffs. That cycle was snapped today.

I chided the poster who brought this up last week. I still wish it didn't happen, but it's quite the odd happenstance.

Mission COMPLETED...Unfortunately :(

This thread was bad ju ju. Whoever posted it should be banned.

This thread was bad ju ju. Whoever posted it should be banned.

The thing that was 'BAD' was the run defense yesterday,maybe we should ban the front 7 from playing next year, eh?

I think they focused so much on stopping the run they forgot to pass rush Flacco, there are some crucial plays that they needed to stop but none of the pass rushers came near Flacco, if they have made some of the that plays...the outcome could had been a bit different.

no defense + no pass rush = lost

I think they focused so much on stopping the run they forgot to pass rush Flacco, there are some crucial plays that they needed to stop but none of the pass rushers came near Flacco, if they have made some of the that plays...the outcome could had been a bit different.

Well, it didnt seem like the offense knew what to do when they did get the ball. How many 3-and-outs did the Pats offense deliver yesterday?

Rush him on what? all 5 passes....They couldn't even stop the run to start with so rushing the passer didn't matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back