PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Strange comments from Reiss re: RB's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
His brief discussion about Kirwins rating of RB's, and how BJGE is between 17-21 in league wide RB's.. he makes the following comment, either I am reading it wrong or someone else can make some sense of it..

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Green-Ellis is the lone Patriot to make the cut, with Danny Woodhead, Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley left on the outside looking in. Green-Ellis is the first AFC East running back in the rankings.

Did I sleep through a season, where Ridley and Vereen played in a Patriots Uniform?? I do not get it.

As an aside interesting that Kirwin has BJGE ranked the top RB in the AFC East..

His brief discussion about Kirwins rating of RB's, and how BJGE is between 17-21 in league wide RB's.. he makes the following comment, either I am reading it wrong or someone else can make some sense of it..

Did I sleep through a season, where Ridley and Vereen played in a Patriots Uniform?? I do not get it.

As an aside interesting that Kirwin has BJGE ranked the top RB in the AFC East..
I would guess he means "make the cut" as to "make the rankings".

His use of the word "cut" is confusing though.

Reiss is a great source for information. For analysis, not so much.

Kirwan needs to lay off the drugs.

It's confusingly written. Kirwan mentions "backs" but doesn't mention more than one per team.

I would assume he would rank a top draftee, but there really weren't any this year.

Last edited:
It's confusingly written. Kirwan mentions "backs" but doesn't mention more than one per team.

I would assume he would rank a top draftee, but there really weren't any this year.

He ranked Ryan Williams of the Cardinals.

He probably mentioned them because Mark Ingram is on the list, so just listed them. Even though 'all the others' would have done!

Reiss isn't suggesting Ridely and Vareern won't make the "cut" with the Patriots - just that no other RBs on the roster, including Woodhead, are ranked among the top RBs in the league.

This of course is no surprise and probably didn't need to be said seeing as they haven't so much as practiced

Last edited:
He ranked Ryan Williams of the Cardinals.

Good catch. Apparently they have no one prominent, while we have BJ, The Saints have somebody (ahead of Ingram).

He probably mentioned them because Mark Ingram is on the list, so just listed them. Even though 'all the others' would have done!

Missed him too. Thought they were doing it by team, but the Saints have three mentions.

Anyway, it all doesn't matter until you snap the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back