PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork gave away the snap count

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this article and watching the film, it is clear that Stork was giving away the snap count without noticing.

http://insidethepylon.com/film-stud...6/02/01/bryan-storks-head-bob-costs-patriots/

Yup. Matt light said the same. Zero excuse for it. Zero. Now, where that blames ultimately lies I don't know. Googs is gone, but McD should have ensured they had contingencies and even at half time I'm suprised BB didn't say something.

Then again I heard that BB and Goog got into a bit on the sideline. Maybe that had something to do with it. And him leaving.

The weird thing is that this was Wendell's biggest problem in 2013. I don't recall seeing Stork having the same issue last year so it's possible that it came down to coaching.

As soon as I saw Stork was starting, I was uneasy about it. Not a knock on him as a player, I just don't think he ever was able to get right this season; missed too much time, and that was that. The ceiling is higher when he's in there, but only if he's on his game. Hopefully he'll get there next year, but this year the line was simply better when Andrews was in at C.

As soon as I saw Stork was starting, I was uneasy about it. Not a knock on him as a player, I just don't think he ever was able to get right this season; missed too much time, and that was that. The ceiling is higher when he's in there, but only if he's on his game. Hopefully he'll get there next year, but this year the line was simply better when Andrews was in at C.
It's pretty hard to argue with the results on that, even acknowledging that the line works as a unit, and Andrews was playing center when Edelman and Lewis were there and healthy.

Stork regressed to say the least.

Andrews got manhandled when he first started against Brock Osweiler. Stork wasn't as good as he was last season but the line wasn't much better when Andrews was in.

It's a shame something like that possible lost TB another ring. Good riddance Googs. Zero tolerance for that crap. This is the big leagues. It's so hard to get there as it is. All the work these guys put in, and a stupid detail like that ruins it. :mad:

Just one of the many, many disadvantages and potential risks of playing on the road instead of at home. This is why most teams (actually, no other team) would ever throw away home field advantage by not making winning the only priority and instead using the potential clinching game to "build confidence" in an inherently weak running game that will never be used. It's a shame that so many players sacrificed so much in order to play to win every single game, and then the coaching staff would throw away all their hard work.

Sorry to say but worst strategic miscalculation of BB's career. I'm sure he knows this and will learn from his mistake. Still the best coach in NFL history.

It's pretty hard to argue with the results on that, even acknowledging that the line works as a unit, and Andrews was playing center when Edelman and Lewis were there and healthy.

I agree. I'm a fan of Stork but he had an off season, however I think the problems with the OL are more about the run game than individual OL. I don't want Kline starting and I want Cannon gone, but I think they should stick with the young interior OL ( ( Stork, Andrews, Jackson, and Mason) while drafting a tackle high in this coming draft. Imo the bigger issue this season was the RB on first and second downs. I don't think Blount is a starting RB anymore and if he returns it should be strictly as a situational power back. I really want them to get a true starting RB in free agency, such as Forte, Ivory, or Miller and get their run\pass ratio back up around 45%/55%. Charlie Weiss had a formula early in Bradys career where he said that he was looking for a combination of rushes and completed passes that totaled over 50 (IIRC) , and when they meet that number they won over 95% of the time, I want them to get back to that approach for the rest of Bradys career because the overreliance on Brady to win every game with his arm will give the OL no chance of really protecting him and will make it really hard to win another Lombardi.

I want to know where Reiss is getting his information/intuition on strongly believing Dante returning in 2016

Also let's not forget the Patriots drafted 2 right guards in Mason and Jackson. Mason did better than I expected on the left side, but that doesn't mean it was a great performance. I wanted a dedicated left guard like AJ Cann to replace Mankins and solidify the left side with Solder. If the Pats get a stud left guard on FA then whoever wins the battle for right guard between the rookies and Wendell should be OK.

Wendell had a good year last season and found his spot on right guard but he's not a kid and I think his contract is over, then there was that mysterious illness, I don't think he is coming back.

Also let's not forget the Patriots drafted 2 right guards in Mason and Jackson. Mason did better than I expected on the left side, but that doesn't mean it was a great performance.

Two right guards: one can pass block and the other can run block. If they were one guy it would be great!

Since this has now been validated by a couple of knowledgeable sources and since the tape certainly suggests that this is what happened, all I can say is that I am really in a state of disbelief that this could have continued for more than one or two plays on a team that is regarded as not only the best-coached team in the League today but possibly the best-coached team of all time.

Harry Truman famously used to keep a plaque on his desk in the Oval Office that read "The Buck Stops Here." In this case, it stops with BB. I'm stunned.

matt chatham was tweeting about this during the game + posting gifs/vines

koppen's been pretty outspoken about it, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back