PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stork delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP2

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Going off memory here and I was not able to participate in the game thread or post game thread today so my apologies if this has already been discussed, but in the game thread before I left, I posted that I was hoping that we would see Stork once we were up two scores or thereabout, and that did happen.

I have to say I really like what I saw from him- I think he went in on the last three or four drives, and watched him closely, he never gave up ground once, and IIRC on two instances was able to drive his man backwards. Twice, he had help in blocking and on those instances, his man was easily defeated.

I believe that on the next to last drive we called a few inside runs up the middle to test him out, and he looked very promising, showed an ability to get out to the 2nd level.

I'm aware that the Vikings DL isn't all-world, but they aren't slouches either and I'm hoping we see more of Stork and will not be surprised to see him start before we are even halfway through the season.

Good to see Stork and Fleming out there today. Hopefully both come along quickly so we can absorb potential injuries, and knock some of the marginal guys down the depth chart - i.e. keep Wendell off the field.

By all accounts Stork has the same kind of nasty streak that Mankins had and that would be a welcome addition to their OL. I hope he gets in there and sticks, that would give them some real flexibility.

Probably a dumb question but,If they didn't feel comfortable giving Stork the start and wanted Connolly to start instead is it easy enough to plug a center into guard(like put Stork over Devey) or is there a reason they wouldn't be able to do it? I would think Guard would be almost the same thing minus the line calls and the snap.

Can anyone please please post that "I think this guy can really deliver" Stork pic that was floating around? The one with the actual Stork

who's pregnant? :p

Our hopes for the OL.

Hopefully finally being able to put a stop to that bull rush down the middle which has been Brady's achilles heel. He, as the master of stepping up in the pocket, can deal with pretty much every circumstance except that one.

Enough with the infantile humor already.

Enough with the infantile humor already.

A7BFC31D-3048-77F0-11BDA58BB8A7BAE5.jpg

Good. We've needed a solid Center for way too long.

Going off memory here and I was not able to participate in the game thread or post game thread today so my apologies if this has already been discussed, but in the game thread before I left, I posted that I was hoping that we would see Stork once we were up two scores or thereabout, and that did happen.

I have to say I really like what I saw from him- I think he went in on the last three or four drives, and watched him closely, he never gave up ground once, and IIRC on two instances was able to drive his man backwards. Twice, he had help in blocking and on those instances, his man was easily defeated.

I believe that on the next to last drive we called a few inside runs up the middle to test him out, and he looked very promising, showed an ability to get out to the 2nd level.

I'm aware that the Vikings DL isn't all-world, but they aren't slouches either and I'm hoping we see more of Stork and will not be surprised to see him start before we are even halfway through the season.

While I applaud and CONCUR with all your wishes, I think your observations are a little off. I think he was only in on two series and they were both after the point where the ( showing off their ignorance of all things pats & TB) announcers stated :
'well this is the point where we should be seeing JAG'. ----> garbage time

Therefore, I am not sure you can infer a LOT about his ability to go at nfl level, when the Vikes just wanted to get off the field.

It would be great if they can get him in the mix sooner, than mid-season, so it was a good sign. for the guys complaining about a lack of wrs besides edeldude having catches, running 6man OLs all day in 2wr sets tends to not get a lot of wrs in patterns or spread out the field.... But at least TB stayed upright (as they hoped). The sooner Stork is in full time, the sooner they may be able to go back to 'standard' protection packages and we see a more wide open offense.

The sooner Stork is in full time, the sooner they may be able to go back to 'standard' protection packages and we see a more wide open offense.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a more wide open offense. I believe that the all-pass, all-the-time Air Belichick game plans have been put on the shelf for foreseeable future. The Pats will be going old-school. Protect the football on offense. Let ballhawking defense and special teams win the games. If they are successful running the ball and playing dink n' dunk for a couple months, they may be able to throw the ball later in the season if they can make defenses respect the run. Good pass rushing teams have been teeing off on Brady for quite a while now and they have to do something to keep him from getting killed.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a more wide open offense. I believe that the all-pass, all-the-time Air Belichick game plans have been put on the shelf for foreseeable future. The Pats will be going old-school. Protect the football on offense. Let ballhawking defense and special teams win the games. If they are successful running the ball and playing dink n' dunk for a couple months, they may be able to throw the ball later in the season if they can make defenses respect the run. Good pass rushing teams have been teeing off on Brady for quite a while now and they have to do something to keep him from getting killed.

I hope you are correct and this is a long term strategic plan and not just a one game experiment.

I'd be interested in hearing more about how Stork looked, as I was only half paying attention by the time he was inserted.

So if Stork becomes a starter, Connelly can move to Guard and Devey never sees the field… right? right? please say yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes