PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stopping Jets offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez is 24...in his 2nd yr...these guys except Cutler are what 30+ been in league for 5 yrs or more...

I'm just going off what cane said. It was his point

I'm just going off what cane said. It was his point

True....one thing bout Sanchez is he's a film rat.....after Thanksgiving day game was pissed off bout how he played and wanted to watch film right after game....We'll see where he is in 2 yrs.

Stopping the Jets Offense ......

Stop the Jets rushing attack.

Force turnovers in the Jets passing game.

You are right. Jay Cutler is better, Ryan Fitzpatrick is better, Schaub is better, Orton is better, Garrard is better. The rest are at least debatable with the exceptions of Derek Anderson and Alex Smith

Your opinion - I wouldn't trade Sanchez straight up for any one of those guys.
Being from Boston (guess?) you would know that playing there or NY is different than any where else in the country. NONE of the names you mentioned would succeed in NY and NONE are better than Sanchez. They may put up better Stats due to the system, playcalling or being on a team that is losing by double digits all the time.

I didn't mention Eli or Big Ben becuase they have won Superbowls and I know the reaction it would get but I wouldn't trade Sanchez for either of them .

I think he is above average for one simple reason, there are 32 teams in the NFL and there are not 16 qbs in the league I would take over him.

You have got to be kidding.

I'm from Boston but now live in NYC. I dont know how you know that hose players wouldn't be able to perform in ny. You have nothing to back that up. Horrible argument

If i was starting a franchise these would be my top 15 qb's to take:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Aaron Rodgers
6. Michael Vick
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Matt Ryan
9. Eli Manning
10. Tony Romo
11. Sam Bradford
12. Joe Flacco
13. Mark Sanchez
14. Josh Freeman
15. Kevin Kolb

Last edited:
There are 2 young qbs id take over Sanchez...maybe Bradford and Ryan...not sure bout Flacco...bottom line is Sanchez has won on the road as a rookie in playoffs....talking bout going forward...I actually like Bradford...but not sure he will get shot talent wise...

If i was starting a franchise these would be my top 15 qb's to take:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Phillip Rivers
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Michael Vick
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matt Ryan
8. Eli Manning
9. Tony Romo
10. Sam Bradford
11. Joe Flacco
12. Mark Sanchez
13. Josh
14. Kevin Kolb
15. Jay Cutler

Agreed.....taking a qb for next 10 yrs...I take A. Rodgers over all of em...

Why cannot you just take some observations without taking it like he is being annointed to Brady/Manning status. All I was pointing out is that he is not in the Brady Quinn, Ryan Leaf, Matt Leinart type status that many here beleive.
I dont see anyone here saying he is Ryan Leaf.
I see a Jet fan calling him above average, me and others pointing out thats a stretch and you responding you just meant he wasnt pathetic.

Sorry but on the completion % - the facts do agree - go back and watch the games, count the deep throws and then do the Math, not that hard.
Oh really? So your answer to being wrong is 'no I'm not believe me'?
Well you are 100% wrong. You said he throws 5 deep passes every game and is 70% otherwise. WRONG.
Here are the stats
Mark Sanchez Splits - New York Jets - ESPN

He in fact has thrown 21 passes more than 30 yards all year, less than 2 game. The impact on his completion percentage is negligible.

Like it or not - Sanchez is the reason the Jets came back in those games and WAS not the cause for them being close. It is a team game and there are many factors leading up to the opportunity to win or lose it.
Its not a matter of liking it or not, its a matter of the facts. Sanchez, with below average QB performance is the weak link on a team ranked highly in defense, and running the ball.

I can use the same argument and say that Brady had his team in a position to lose against Indy but the great QB threw a horrible interception at the endwhen he should hav eput them away - see how stupid that sounds.
Sure you could but you would be ignoring the reality of what happened.

Yes - I was slamming my OC because he does not know how to call a game that develops any kind of rhythm for the offense.
Oh boy, you are one of those. I should have known.

It is his game management and some stupid penalties that were the reason most of those games were close not Sanchez.

But if it makes you feel better - YEAH you guys are right Sanchez sucks, he should never have been a first round pick. Every team in the league has a better qb the stats prove it. Favre and McNabb (this year) are better, Henne is better, Palmer is better, Vince Young is better, Alex Smith is better, Derek Anderson is better, Jason Campbell is better, Jay Cutler is better, Ryan Fitzpatrick is better, Schaub is better, Orton is better, Garrard is better etc., etc., etc.,

Feel better
Yes most of those QBs are better. Done crying?

Your opinion - I wouldn't trade Sanchez straight up for any one of those guys.
Being from Boston (guess?) you would know that playing there or NY is different than any where else in the country. NONE of the names you mentioned would succeed in NY and NONE are better than Sanchez. They may put up better Stats due to the system, playcalling or being on a team that is losing by double digits all the time.

I didn't mention Eli or Big Ben becuase they have won Superbowls and I know the reaction it would get but I wouldn't trade Sanchez for either of them .
In one post you have proven to us all your opinion is useless.

I didn't mention Eli or Big Ben becuase they have won Superbowls and I know the reaction it would get but I wouldn't trade Sanchez for either of them.
I'll take Colt McCoy over Mark Sanchez any day of the week!

I'll take Colt McCoy over Mark Sanchez any day of the week!

Ok take Colt McCoy over a guy who won a road playoff game...well 2 actually...and does make plays....yeah he's young...makes mistakes...but works hard and is film rat...all you can ask for from young qb...take Colt McCoy and be the Browns for a decade...

He in fact has thrown 21 passes more than 30 yards all year, less than 2 game.

FAIL - check again

Attempts 21-Through-30 91 45 49.5

Attempts 31+ 53 28 52.8

Sorry Wrong -- 53 attempts over 31 and 91 (21-30) - Thats almost 5 a game over 30 and over 14 a game 20+ (close to half his pass attempts)

FAIL - check again

Attempts 21-Through-30 91 45 49.5

Attempts 31+ 53 28 52.8

Sorry Wrong -- 53 attempts over 31 and 91 (21-30) - Thats almost 5 a game over 30 and over 14 a game 20+ (close to half his pass attempts)
Dude, you are reading the stats for his 21st through 30th attempt and his 31st+
Read closer and you will see length of pass.

Convincing argument:rolleyes:

Care to list your 15?
Top 15 Quarterbacks:

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Brees
4. Rivers
5. Roethlisberger
6. Schaub
7. Vick
8. Rodgers
9. Eli Manning
10. Cassel
11. Garrard
12. Ryan
13. Flacco
14. Freeman
15. Orton
16. Romo
17. Kolb
18. Fitzpatrick
19. Cutler
20. Bradford
21. McCoy

Ok take Colt McCoy over a guy who won a road playoff game...well 2 actually...and does make plays....yeah he's young...makes mistakes...but works hard and is film rat...all you can ask for from young qb...take Colt McCoy and be the Browns for a decade...

Zero Zorro-chez WON two playoff games????Did you even bother to look at the stats? SD MISSED THREE CHIP SHOTS for crying out loud...how lucky can one team get....Shonn Greene carried the offense and when he went down Zero Zorro DISAPPEARED in the 2nd half against the Colts. The Sanchooch suited up and played in two playoff games, that's about it...krist, the Rats could have had Browning Nagle handing off and gone just as far. Take your goony goofy goo goo green Sanchez pom poms and hit the bricks.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye