PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stopping defensive playmakers Urlacher and Peppers the key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick's comments regarding Peppers and Urlacher:

The Voice of The Fan: FVP: Stopping The Bears Defensive Playmakers Key For Patriots

If the Pats can keep TB upright and keep Peppers off him, they will do fine. I somehow doubt they will have the type of protection they did vs. Jets, but you never know.

Nice article. I really cant tell, but it almost seems as if BB is being a bit over the top and sarcastic when he describes Peppers. I didn't see the vid to see his facial expression, but he was definitely over making the point.

As to the front 7 of that D, yes they are a formidible front. And they zone-blitz. I expect similar protections as we saw against Pittsburg.

Nice article. I really cant tell, but it almost seems as if BB is being a bit over the top and sarcastic when he describes Peppers. I didn't see the vid to see his facial expression, but he was definitely over making the point.

As to the front 7 of that D, yes they are a formidible front. And they zone-blitz. I expect similar protections as we saw against Pittsburg.

Nah, you probably haven't seen the Bears play this year--Peppers has stepped up his game bigtime, which is scary.

Plus, before Carolina franchised him, BB was quoted ad nauseam in all the "Trade for Peppers" threads about how much of a freak of nature Peppers is, and how he's one of the most disruptive players BB has ever seen. But I have a feeling he'll be able to come up with a game plan that exploits certain things that Peppers tends to do--he said he's watched a lot of film on him.

Nah, you probably haven't seen the Bears play this year--Peppers has stepped up his game bigtime, which is scary.

Plus, before Carolina franchised him, BB was quoted ad nauseam in all the "Trade for Peppers" threads about how much of a freak of nature Peppers is, and how he's one of the most disruptive players BB has ever seen. But I have a feeling he'll be able to come up with a game plan that exploits certain things that Peppers tends to do--he said he's watched a lot of film on him.

I'm not saying BB doesn't respect the way he is playing. But he had him serving nacho's in the concession area at halftime...a bit of false hyperbole there, methinks.

I'm not saying BB doesn't respect the way he is playing. But he had him serving nacho's in the concession area at halftime...a bit of false hyperbole there, methinks.

I guess I haven't had my morning cup-o-joe...What at Eff are you talking about???

I know things change from year to year and he's on a dif team now but, I can't recall pats haven't too much trouble with peppers in the past.

Well he will have to be contained. If not, It'll be just like that Lions game in the first half. Suh and that D-line was killing Brady before halftime adjustments.

Executing well, not making mistakes and keeping with our gameplan are key not to mention scoring more points.:p

I guess I haven't had my morning cup-o-joe...What at Eff are you talking about???

I think he meant Peppers does everything for that team.

Or maybe he was craving nachos for breakfast. Which I've never tried. But now that I'm thinking about it...

I can remember TE Daniel Graham manhandling Peppers in that SB against Carolina. I could see Gronk or Crumpler having similar success.

I think you are correct. BB will have some scheme cooked up to neutalize their pass rush and keep TB clean. He has beaten Smith's Defense before, and we know what the results have been re: Martz' offense.

Actually Pepper is a beer man at half!

The Bears will show that dumba$$ mug look (Url and Briggs head up over the center, they will rarely rush from that look but when they do they just get bottled up). They have had success with CB and safety blitzes and Manning is fast enough to come a little late.

For the most part I see Lubbie playing it straight up. He will want to see what type of pressure the front 4 gets before he starts sending people.

Its no secret that BB coveted Peppers. But the money he wanted made it impossible to sign both him and Wilfork at the same time. So the Pats settled for the known stud and anchor to the DL. I think they chose wisely. I think BB would love to draft a guy like Peppers, but such monstrous athletes are rarities and often go earlier in the draft than where the Pats usually pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey