PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop this madness over one preseason game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stop this madness over one preseason game.

Telling this board not to over react is like telling a dog not to bark. Its instinctual here for alot of the basement dwellers who jumped on post 2001 to freak out if every win is not by 30, as someone esle suggested earlier in this thread. Bench Tom Brady, fire BB, get a new owner.....on and on it goes.
The lack of intellect and insight here is staggering. You just have to put up with it because every now and then one of the exceptional posters (and there are quite a few) puts something out there that is, well, exceptional.
I gotta go, Wife Swap is on.

You're right, lets talk about brett favre.

seriously, this is not going to be another 18-0 season so the sooner you get used to weekly knee jerk reactions the better

umm so the fact that we won't lose a single game in the regular season is reason enough for people to act like idiots in the pre-season? Sure was nice when we all hoped to make it to the playoffs and then see if we can go to the SB.

Last edited:

The pre-season is when fans fall in love with certain players (Michael Bishop) and declare others as total bust (Kevin Faulk)

It's a right of passage for emotional, shoot from the hip, what have you done for me yesterday, fans. We should not deprive them of this.

I hereby declare Guyton in- Izzo out.

The pre-season is when fans fall in love with certain players (Michael Bishop) and declare others as total bust (Kevin Faulk)

It's a right of passage for emotional, shoot from the hip, what have you done for me yesterday, fans. We should not deprive them of this.

I hereby declare Guyton in- Izzo out.

+1 megadittos

It's silly at best to rant on about game 1 reactions. This is a message board. It exists so folks can bore or enrage others with their own precious insight and opinion. Ever since the-game-that-shall-never-be-mentioned, we've had only training camp scrimmages to analyse. Were we NOT to analyse game one, we'd be casual fans, the kind who don't waste time posting their pearls of wisdom on the internet.

What is wrong with you people?

One preseason game, played on a wet field, lost by one point and many are jumping ship.

PLease stop, my head hurts from all the posts critical of the teams:

Offensive line

QB depth

Defensve backfield

Special teams

Chad Jackson, Matt Cassell, Bryant, Maroney, CJ Jones.

You may begn to worry if they play like this in game 3 of preseason or the home opener, until then - hush and act like knowlegible fans of New England please.
I attended the game on Thursday night. How would you expect me to critique the game?

In truth, Gutierrez and Cassell played poorly, the special teams were awful,
and the offensive line allowed 6 sacks. The criticism of Jackson, C.J. Jones
and Bryant was well deserved. After Bryant allowed three pass completions,
he was promply removed from the game. His replacement, Lewis Sanders,
stayed with his receivers.

On a high note, LaMont Jordan played quite well and O'Connell showed
flashes of why the Patriots drafted him.

Also, the defense played quite well in spite of being placed in a hole by the
special teams. Wheatley and all of our young linebackers had a good first
performance.

The good news is it was a pre-season game. It doesn't count in the
lost column. I'm sure that the offensive line and special teams will
improve as more of the regulars return. I'm not so certain about our
reserve quarterbacks, Chad Jackson, and C.J. Jones.

That, my dear friend, is an amazing point worth pursuing by everyone moaning about how bad the team played. No friggin player gives any ball or hug to any of the coaches! This is ridiculous and reveals deeper fissures in the team that is now doomed to go 0-16. :bricks:

:rolleyes:
I do hope we are both thinking about RayRay and his new binkie Coach Harbaugh! :rofl:

I am looking forward to watching this game and i love it when everybody goes crazy on this board. it's awesome.

But on a very serious note, i heard that Kevin Faulk is starting to look like a bust and our backup QBs were horrendous.

Its times like this that i wish we still had Michael Bishop.

oh yeah, Chad Jackson is a bust too.:robot:

One team is blitzing, stunting and playing as if it is the regular season opener. The other is playing vanilla on both sides of the ball with a lot of backups, particularly on the O side - and the vanilla team loses by 1 point, which would have been kicked, had the game actually COUNTED!!!!

We need Coach Spurrier!

He went 4-0 in the pre-season with the 'Skins!

Frank's right. Actually as far as I'm concerned Frank's always right from here on in but that's just me. The best you can throw out there is "promising start for Mayo" or "wow Chad needs to step up," not too much more.

Right now I'm just on pins and needles waiting for the real season... then the Jets game will be a very good time, as the entire city of New York says in unison "but wait...we thought..."

But I have to admit I'm catching Mayo fever too.

By the way if O'Connell gets to play a couple quarters and does real well, I will personally go all Jesse Jackson on any dumbass that wants to bench brady, and cut his nuts off.

okay rant over. Toldya I'm bored.

I remember it being a lot worse last year after a pre season game. I posted that if I read any more negativity I'd have to excuse myself so I could jump off the UMass library. When I posted that maybe one of the whiner's should jump instead it got deleated. ;)

Last edited:

quit telling people how to act. How about quit wasting everyones time with posts like this.
Ummm, isn't the purpose of this post telling someone how to act? And if the original post was a time-waster, what is a post commenting on the time-waster.

OP said people are crazy to be so critical of the team based on one preseason game, where teh Pats played vanilla and the Ravens ran stunts and schemes.

Obviously, you do not agree with that and think people should panic.

I happen agree with you. We are doomed. Totally and irrevocably doomed.

I saw with my own eyes at Gillette Mayo miss a tackle. Every QB tossed an INT.

Boller and SMith looked like All-Pros.

We haven't won a game.

We are DOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMED.

Good point. I stand corrected.

"It's a right of passage for emotional, shoot from the hip, what have you done for me yesterday, fans. We should not deprive them of this."/ The Nut

I remember thinking of the "What have you done for me lately part" when i started to see posts about how bad LOMO was and Jordan's a better runner. Then some others about how Sammy Morris is all done because of Jordan. Total what have you done for me lately,I don't remember last year reaction. :confused:

Last edited:
Well, I still say we can make 9-7 and back into a wild-card, even despite the first preseason loss to Baltimore.

Re: Stop this madness over three preseason games

I am bringing this post back and I feel EXACTLY the same.

P-R-E-S-E-A-S-O-N is meaningless as far as determining how your team will do in the regular season when the games COUNT.

This preseason in particular is all about trying to make decisions down around the 45-55 player range. Will SPann make it? Ventrone? Slater? Hobson? etc. etc. etc.

The posters that are jumping off the bandwagon really should stay away for a while, please, your making me sick.

This will be my LAST post about the merit of preseason football this year. I know I get it and a bunch of others, but for those that have pushed the panic button, when you see your coaches panic, then you can as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back