PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop the whining and complaining; it was a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What a bunch of spoiled fans. All I am hearing are complaints and that perfect 20-20 hindsight. Welker this ...BB that...Brady that. I feel just the opposite. The Patriots lost to a superior team so there is nothing to b!tch about...unless you are Felger...

All the pundits who were calling BB and Brady the best ever last week are now calling them dogs. Please.

Remember where this team was at the start of the season and how much they progressed. It was an excellent year for a rebuilding year. BB should be commended for taking a bunch of rookies & FA's and in just half a season molding them into a powerful team.

Think how the Seattle fans must feel about their team and compare that to the whiners in New England.

Seattle fans actually saw a playoff win. Good season, not great.

It's ok. We just lost a big game 2 days ago and for some it will take time to heal. I'm over it and I think a lot of us are. Give it some time.

A superior team?:rolleyes:The bottom line is that it was a dissapointing loss.They where home and they where 8-0 at home.They didnt execute!

This season was supposed to be our rebuild season, while it surely ended in a disappointing manner, it sure as hell was a great ride.

Thanks to the Pats and I'm REALLY looking forward to next year

If you would have said the Patriots would lose in the divisional round of the playoffs before the season to the Jets then I think the season would be considered a success. There were so many questions going into the season and so many young and new faces and wondering how these guys would fit in and pan out. But then say after the Colts game all of those expectations changed. It was quite clear that they had a special group of young players that stepped in and played well right away. This team had the potential to go somewhere, then earning the #1 seed in the AFC only added to the change of expectations. People on here even said their expectations had changed. With the new expectations the season was not a success. While it wasnt a failure, it surely wasnt a success. When you earn the #1 seed and get knocked out at home in the first game of the playoffs how can you call that season a success? With that being said this season had a lot of bright spots and showcased how good this team could potentially be. Being the #1 seed with the amount of young players that made an impact just shows how good this team has the potential to be for years to come.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am so grateful for this forum. It feels like the season is never over because I can come here and talk Patriots whenever I want. If there wasn't a place like this to come and vent then I don't know what I would do.

A superior team?:rolleyes:The bottom line is that it was a dissapointing loss.They where home and they where 8-0 at home.They didnt execute!

Well the Jets were superior...at least on Sunday and they should be; look at their payroll.

Anyway it was NOT a horrific mind-numbing loss; it was not like the Patriots outplayed the Jets all game long and lost in a heartbreaking manner at the end. The Patriots were out played the whole game.

With all those draft picks next season is The Death Star....

Last edited:
That's funny because I thought we were analyzing why a 14 - 2 team was publicly challenged in a big way by their opponent and then went out and got punked by that same opponent. Patriots were sloppy but more importantly they were soft. It's not complaining. It's the truth. Deal with it!

I feel like we have become the Colts. Good winners in the regular season and then chokers in the playoffs...bah, maybe I am overreacting.

This season was supposed to be our rebuild season, while it surely ended in a disappointing manner, it sure as hell was a great ride.

Thanks to the Pats and I'm REALLY looking forward to next year

This!

Lots of youth and a bunch of Jags on defense....changing the offense on the fly.....in hindsight they exceeded my expectations. I bought-in and came crashing down. The loss stings because the Jest are a nasty organization. Brash, smack talkin', swingers, dui's, sexual harrassment, coaches trippin...blah, blah, blah. I did not hate them last year, this year? Hate them.

This!

Lots of youth and a bunch of Jags on defense....changing the offense on the fly.....in hindsight they exceeded my expectations. I bought-in and came crashing down. The loss stings because the Jest are a nasty organization. Brash, smack talkin', swingers, dui's, sexual harrassment, coaches trippin...blah, blah, blah. I did not hate them last year, this year? Hate them.

Did someone hack Garbanza's account and post something semi-positive about the Pats? ;) But I agree, hate the Jets. It's not about football so much as they're every bad thing about pro sports all combined into one awful franchise.

But yeah, it hurts. It was a heck of a season though. Still, when you see who is left, it's hard not to think of what could have been.

The play-offs have been painful the past few years, but I expect BB to figure it out and get us back on track. We've got a lot of ammo in the draft, a lot of guys returning from IR, and the kids have all learned a painful lesson.

Last edited:
Whaaaaa?

Hate to disagree, but we just got spanked out of the playoffs by our BIGGEST rivals in a very disappointing fashion. This team has been on FIRE for 8 straight weeks, not just winning but BEATING some of the best teams in the league. BB NEVER losses after having 2 weeks to prepare for a team. He never get's out-coached. When they talk about our QB, they say things like "GOAT" & "best ever".

Both just came out and laid a steaming pile in the biggest game of the year against a team they passionately hate.

Bless you for being at "Golly-gee-wilikers it was a good season" stage already but some of us might need a few more then 2 days to get there. :rolleyes:

What a bunch of spoiled fans. All I am hearing are complaints and that perfect 20-20 hindsight. Welker this ...BB that...Brady that. I feel just the opposite. The Patriots lost to a superior team so there is nothing to b!tch about...unless you are Felger...

All the pundits who were calling BB and Brady the best ever last week are now calling them dogs. Please.

Remember where this team was at the start of the season and how much they progressed. It was an excellent year for a rebuilding year. BB should be commended for taking a bunch of rookies & FA's and in just half a season molding them into a powerful team.

Think how the Seattle fans must feel about their team and compare that to the whiners in New England.
Ultimately losing in the first playoff game or any playoff game is all the same thing.
I would feel no better to have won then lost next week or in the SB.
There is only 1 successful team in the playoffs.
The regular season was great. Many players made excellent progress and that bodes well for the future.
In the playoffs we werent the 1 of the 12 qualifiers to win the SB. The moral victory of getting a win or 2 before being bounced doesnt mean much at all to me.

That's funny because I thought we were analyzing why a 14 - 2 team was publicly challenged in a big way by their opponent and then went out and got punked by that same opponent. Patriots were sloppy but more importantly they were soft. It's not complaining. It's the truth. Deal with it!
Publicly challenged? Like other teams don't care too much to win and it isn't as bad to lose to them because they arent immature idiots who crave attention and will say stupid things to get it?
You can't really think that had anything to do with the outcome of this game can you?

I'll complain all I want, I have the right. The season was sh*t when it ends like this. And the ending is the only measuring stick.

They didn't lose ta better team. Put down the pom pons the loss sucked

The moral victory of getting a win or 2 before being bounced doesnt mean much at all to me.

I agree to an extent. But the recent failures and the repugnance of the Jets makes this a bit tougher than it would otherwise be.

By the way, I HATE STREAKS. Interceptions, etc. Do you realize they'll be talking about Brady's winning "steak" at home next year? Give me a break.

They didn't lose ta better team. Put down the pom pons the loss sucked
Of course they lost to a better team, they lost 2 out of 3.
What yardstick do you base who is better on, if it isn't who wins?
The Jets were a better team this year, granted not by much.
Lets not fall into the loser mentality of 'the best team didnt win' because thats crap.
Looking to next year, I like our chances though.

Do you realize they'll be talking about Brady's winning "streak" at home next year? Give me a break.
Yup, they did this year too, even after the debacle against the Ravens. Now that he has the record though, I'm sure it'll die down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes