PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop the Turnovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
To me its simple, the D has had its struggles as the O has but to me stop turning the ball over at the rate we have and we will be fine.

Turnovers have played a big part in each loss.

Completely agreed. Statistically there isn't that much of a difference between the 2010 Pats and the 2011 Pats. The most glaring point is that in 2010 the Pats were +28 in turnover differential (avg. of +1.75 per game). This year they have a turnover differential of 0.

To me its simple, the D has had its struggles as the O has but to me stop turning the ball over at the rate we have and we will be fine.

Turnovers have played a big part in each loss.

Again, it's going to be hard to do that without a legitimate deep threat (we currently have two on the roster) coming on. LB's are going to fake the blitz and flood the middle of the field constantly against our short passing game. This is the reason why Brady has had so many balls batted in the air and picked off. It's also the reason why Brady has had to hold the ball longer and why he's been getting sacked and hit at a higher rate lately. The Jets will almost assuredly do the same thing on Sunday night.

Even if they didn't get turnovers in these last 3 games, they would've likely went 3 and out. They're getting turnovers because Brady is eager to make something happen and nothing is happening until the 4th quarter it seems.

Ever since Brady&Belichick tied the record with Marino&Shula, the offense has been stinking up the joint. Maybe if they could finally get this 117th win, everything will be fine again. Right now, the offense is being way too conservative and defenses are taking advantage. I think it has more to do with the offense's lack of execution than it does defenses getting to Brady, but whatever... something's gotta change.

Again, it's going to be hard to do that without a legitimate deep threat (we currently have two on the roster) coming on. LB's are going to fake the blitz and flood the middle of the field constantly against our short passing game. This is the reason why Brady has had so many balls batted in the air and picked off. It's also the reason why Brady has had to hold the ball longer and why he's been getting sacked and hit at a higher rate lately. The Jets will almost assuredly do the same thing on Sunday night.

yup, thats why we desperately need either Taylor Price or Ochocinco to become a factor for this team...when Deion Branch goes MIA we need another receiver who can beat man coverage..

Price showed promise in the pittsburgh game(although brady misfired) and Ocho showed promise in getting open against the giants(although some brady misfires)

a couple deep passes completed will really open up the field for the TE's, welker/branch....its depressing when you see a JAG QB like Flacco throw up bombs and his WR goes and gets it...and we dont have that with a HOF QB

we do need to stop fumbling the ball though...especially in the Kick return game...that has killed us 2 times so far giving the opposing team a short field

Turnovers only happen because Bill allows it to happen. It's all part of the strategy to give opposing teams a false sense of hope.

BAHAHAHAHA. :rofl: You might compete with SuperPatsFan as the best gimmick poster this site has ever seen when it's all said and done.

BAHAHAHAHA. :rofl: You might compete with SuperPatsFan as the best gimmick poster this site has ever seen when it's all said and done.

Maybe, but I'm fairly certain that is a bannable offense....

Completely agreed. Statistically there isn't that much of a difference between the 2010 Pats and the 2011 Pats. The most glaring point is that in 2010 the Pats were +28 in turnover differential (avg. of +1.75 per game). This year they have a turnover differential of 0.

That is a huge difference though, means the line isn't protecting as well, Brady isn't making the best decisions, the TEs and RBs are letting balls bounce off their hands, ST players are not playing smart, McCourty and the safeties have probably 1 INT (I think Sergio) so clearly not hawking as much. The list goes on and on, although some of it has to do with luck, we had a lot of drops last year that hit the ground, now they are bouncing in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes