PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop the madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stop the madness.

Are you still posing as a Pats fan? Seriously? Ok so you got a couple of real fans riled up good for you! God this place is amazing.

fierce, I haven't come across this fellow before. Is he actually a troll?

He and like 50% of this board lately. Just read all his posts. They're all in some way shape or form addressed to US (the real fans) about how horrible our team is or how wrong WE (the real fans again) are.

Last edited:

That's not even the point. The point isn't what YOU think. It's what Belichcik thinks.

It's clear from the interview that Belichick does not believe he misinterpreted the rule.

Lets take a poll?

Mods, Shut this down.

Sorry guys.

Sorry I even got involved with the troll.

Yes please Mods, obliterate this sorry thread. If anyone wants to address the Patriots rule thing, I read the FRAMe thread regularly.

He and like 50% of this board lately. Just read all his posts. They're all in some way shape or form addressed to US (the real fans) about how horrible our team is or how wrong WE (the real fans again) are.

This is an outright lie. I am a huge pats fan, I just happen to not chug the kool-aid all the time.

Last edited:

Belichick addressed this. It was post the memo in 2006 that Patriots cameramen were ejected. Certainly Matt Walsh never was. What I want to know is this: were Patriots camera guys ejected before 2006? Because if they were, then maybe the league did recognize the rule as Goodell interpreted it.

But if they weren't ejected before that, then it seems to me that the rule was as Belichick said. Why start ejecting people in 2006? In other words? Why issue a memo if the rule is clear?

Regardless, in the Keteyian interview, Belichick was asked if he agreed with Goodell's actions. Belichick responded: "It's irrelevant what I think." Belichick said it was the commissioner's responsibility to make those decisions. He culd have easily issued a mea culpa there, but essentially he said that what he thinks is irrelevant. AFTER he made that comment he contested the value of the memo, he contested the wording of both the memo AND the actual rule. He even made it clear that the mistake he personally made--the only mistake--was not seeking clarification from the league.

This is the precise reason why Peter King and the like are piling onto Belichick, because the interview made it clear that he feels he's in the right.

And I agree with him.

I should have been clear. I was talking about the ejections in 2006. At that point, Belichick certainly didn't challenge the league to keep his camera guys in operation. If he had, the league would have "clarified" the situation directly to him and the Jets incident wouldn't have occurred.

Similarly, if the league thought that sideline video was a threat to league competitive integrity and they knew that the Pats had camera guys ejected from Detroit and Minnesota, why didn't Goodell place a personal call to Kraft and Belichick asking them to knock it off? Because nobody really thought it was that big a deal and nobody anticipated the media frenzy at having physical evidence being seized.

Everybody knew this practice was in place and to my knowledge Belichick never denied it. Anyone who is playing ignorant to what was common knowledge and pretending to be indignant about how much it affected game results are the real criminals here. Their motives are self-serving and an attempt to raise up their standing by intentionally and with malice attacking someone else. I don't have any issue with the "Pats broke a rule, paid the price, let's move on" crowd.

I suggest you check my posts, I am not a troll. I don't drink the kool-aid all the time.

I stand by my comments.

Thank god your defintion of a troll is not the same as the mods :) I invite any poster to read some of the things I have posted since I have been here. I am far from a troll, and I think the fact that I have never received a warning confirms that.

Last edited:

Thank god your defintion of a troll is not the same as the mods :) I invite any poster to read some of the things I have posted since I have been here. I am far from a troll, and I think the fact that I have never received a warning confirms that.
Well this is probably gonna get ME warned but it's not like the mods have done a good job keeping this the upstanding quality board it's been in years past. I think it goes in waves. There was a time when KFFL was filled to the brim with garbage and this was the haven for intelligent conversation and debate.

Last edited:

There is no doubt that the coach stretched the rule interpretation to suit his needs. He and we got caught and have paid a heavy heavy price. That first rounder still hurts.
But, as a new member here, its probably best to stop complaining about other posters on this board. Half of them are idiot homers who live in their parents basement and the other half are smart knowledgable football fans that think you are wanker based on the lack of substance in this thread.

Rich

Wow that was said so much better then I could put it. Thanks Belize!

Well, this went well, don't you think?

I'm not taking what someone said as gospel. I did say that someone can take a disagreement with no personal attack as an insult.

However, no one should be called names if they honestly disagree with someone and that is the point that I'm trying to make.

But, this thread has served it's purpose so now I'll close it. Let's just try to play nice with each other and disagree respectfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back