PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop Gronk getting Madden 13 cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tebow needs to be on it. This may be the only year he'll get a chance. If the curse is true, I'd like to see how he gets hurt playing a couple snaps a game.

If they want to put a Patriot TE on the cover then I am voting for Danny Fells
:cool:

I just voted for him, will again many more times

Why is it important to you personally that Gronkowski graces the cover of a video game?

It's not like the whole world doesn't know who he is already.

I'm just being curious and genuine, I mean no disrespect.

Last edited:
Why is it important to you personally that Gronkowski graces the cover of a video game?

It's not like the whole world doesn't know who he is already.

I'm just being curious and genuine, I mean no disrespect.

because my favorite team is the Pats and I root for Pats players, especially the very good ones, to get any kind of honors they can

Voted for those I wouldn't mind being hit with the curse. Polamalu, Revis, CRUZ:mad:

because my favorite team is the Pats and I root for Pats players, especially the very good ones, to get any kind of honors they can

That's a fair enough answer, and one that I pretty much expected.

I would agree with you, but in this case I think I may just rather see someone else get it (just in case, as crazy as it sounds).

To be honest, the only way a NEP gets the cover is if the rest of the league's fans vote him there as a way to try and screw us.

In my opinion, everything's going pretty well lately (besides the SB letdown of course), so I think I'd just rather not mess with success.

Gronk will be getting plenty of weekly/monthly/ and maybe even yearly honors if he simply goes out and repeats what he has done the first 2 yrs. That would be plenty good enough for me, but I respect your thoughts.

I just voted for Gronk. I want to buy this year's game, coming from madden 10. Might as well be a Pats player.

And lol to those who believe in curses.

Voted for those I wouldn't mind being hit with the curse. Polamalu, Revis, CRUZ:mad:

And to think that they actually held Cruz to 4 catches/25 yds in the SB.

Freaking Nicks torched us though.

And of course Manningham waited until the end to do his part.

Oh well, sorry...it comes and goes still.

this is one of those areas where I can't tell if people are being tongue-in-cheek or if they honestly believe there's a chance that there's a real curse

do people really have a "just in case" mentality or is it just fun to embrace the idea that something like this is real?

That's a fair enough answer, and one that I pretty much expected.

I would agree with you, but in this case I think I may just rather see someone else get it (just in case, as crazy as it sounds).

To be honest, the only way a NEP gets the cover is if the rest of the league's fans vote him there as a way to try and screw us.

In my opinion, everything's going pretty well lately (besides the SB letdown of course), so I think I'd just rather not mess with success.

Gronk will be getting plenty of weekly/monthly/ and maybe even yearly honors if he simply goes out and repeats what he has done the first 2 yrs. That would be plenty good enough for me, but I respect your thoughts.

yeah but he's immortalized on a famous video game, that's a cool slice of history that I'm sure Gronk gets a kick out of thinking back to when he was a kid

If anyone can beat the Madden curse, it's Tim Tebow.

do people really have a "just in case" mentality or is it just fun to embrace the idea that something like this is real?

I know it may sound ridiculous, but personally I hold to the "just in case" theory.

I take my team a bit too seriously though, so take that with a grain of salt.

I think there are a lot of people who are full blown believers in the curse, I am not. I do however feel as though we probably shouldn't tempt anything.

In the end, I don't think it will matter anyway though. When it comes down to the final 4 players or so, the whole rest of the NFL fanbase will do anything and everything NOT to have to see a NE Patriot on the cover...unless they are voting to try and screw us due to the 'curse.' (which many are, judging by the comments section of the ESPN website)

this is one of those areas where I can't tell if people are being tongue-in-cheek or if they honestly believe there's a chance that there's a real curse

Maybe it's foolish to think there is a curse,but try to explain how just about all athletes that made it on the cover the past decade either ended up with some sort of injury,was placed on IR or had an unusually poor season statistically.

I know it may sound ridiculous, but personally I hold to the "just in case" theory.

You sounds like me when I debate with my religious friends. :confused2:

Maybe it's foolish to think there is a curse,but try to explain how just about all athletes that made it on the cover the past decade either ended up with some sort of injury,was placed on IR or had an unusually poor season statistically.

Because football is a violent sport? Generally the people on the cover are coming off career best seasons and are poised for a letdown anyway. Its amazing that so many people think that there is an actual curse to a video game. :bricks:

It's REALLY a stretch to say that Brees was cursed because he lost in the Wild Card round. Really?!?!

If Tom Brady was on the cover last year, the article would say that he was cursed because he lost in the Super Bowl to the Giants (again). Is that really a curse?

These days we are LOOKINg for reasons to claim that someone is cursed. In some of the articles you see that they claim that guys are cursed because they got hurt in the playoffs. That happens. Gronk got hurt this year and was not on the cover.

If Aaron Rodgers was on the cover this year they would be saying that he was cursed because he lost his first playoff game after a great regular season.

So, just to recap, the ONLY way that someone will claim the Madden curse to be broken is if somebody......

1.) Graces the Madden Cover
2.) Remains healthy for all 16 games and playoffs
3.) Has a Pro Bowl Season
4.) Wins the Super Bowl

All four must happen for all to agree the curse is officially over. With that checklist, it's no wonder that the curse continues.

IMO, the Brees, Ray Lewis, and Eddie George "curse" explanations are all kind of a stretch. That's still a lot of players (more did than didn't) suffering major injuries in their Madden cover season, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes