PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stop blaming the coordinators

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not happy with our scheme at all.. A few years ago, it worked with the personal we had.. but with the large influx of players, it seems like we've take 3 or 4 steps back.. We shouldn't be running a scheme that takes YEARS for a player to learn.. The NFL is like College now.. You only really have 4 years with a player..

When I see Mike Nolan and Rex Ryan install defense's in 1 year and turn it around, I have a huge problem with what I'm seeing on the field. We have devoted a lot of high picks on defense and I'm not seeing many positive things.

Bill is not the defensive genius that everyone thinks he is.

Ok, do you BB critics want him gone?

With whom will you replace him?

Who's going to wave a magic wand and fix all the team's problems?

Gruden? Saban? Meyer?

Names

Last edited:
Bill had his chances to bring in a DC this past off season. So far this defense was better with Pees.

The season is two (2) games old with an extremely young defense that lost two critical players before the season started. The guys at the Alamo would have won if they had Rex’s scheme.

Ok, do you BB critics want him gone?

With whom will you replace him?

Who's going to wave a magic wand and fix all the team's problems?

Gruden? Saban? Meyer?

Names

No reason to usher BB out the door.. That is ridiculous.. What needs to happen is a change in scheme..

If you lose a game 21-20, I think it's fair game to talk about coaching and play calling. If you lose 28-14, at some point in that whooping, the idea that any kind of different strategy would have worked becomes delusional. The Pats got physically manhandled in the second half.

And they are professionals and when the coaches see that happening, it is their job to change, and adjust. They didn't, plain and simple.

You say they got physically manhandled in the second half, right?

But they didn't in the first half, right?

What happened to turn things around 180 degrees?

Simple, Jets adjusted, Patriots did not. You answered your own question.

???

What happened? The players stopped playing with the same intensity of the first half. It's more crazy to think that the coaching just continues to make terrible second half adjustments, as the Patriots blow game after game on the road. So easy just to say "the Jets adjusted, Patriots did not." That's the easy way out, and most people believe it because they think if you just tinker with the Xs and Os, we'll win in next time around.

On offense, the Patriots could have been more effective with better decisions, but they would still would have lost due to the defense's inability to stop anything. On defense, the Patriots just got run over. The Jets have a great offensive line, and the Patriots have their worst front three in a long time. This is exactly what the Patriots used to do to other teams: by the second half, they'd have a huge advantage. They were tough and physical.

Coaching comes out with "brilliant" game plans for the first half of all of these road games, team plays great, and in the second half, Belichick, who is regarded as one of the best strategists and adjustment makers of his era, suddenly can't figure out how to pick up a first down or prevent 95-yard TD drives from garbage QBs?

Pats have a couple of major problems that need to be worked out. On defense, they have both a talent and toughness problem. They get worn down up front, and their secondary is not deep enough for 30 minutes of decent football... they also lack the ability to make big plays against good offenses.

On offense, they are impatient, and they press too hard. They don't trust the defense and feel like they have to score every time, especially against good teams. They get out of their game rhythm by constantly going for the big strike rather than winning the field position battle.

It's cyclical. Coaching does have something to do with it, but not that much. BB does not get pantsed 8 out of 9 road games with the same scenarios.

I don't think it's fair to call Sanchez a garbage QB,he tore up our garbage Secondary that's for sure

Just like our secondary,Sanchez will have great games and some not so much,it's a learning process and Sanchez was brilliant when it counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back