Welcome to PatsFans.com

Stimulus Sellout: 3 Gop Senators Slashed Billions in Tax Cuts; Specter Got $6.5 Billi

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 13, 2009.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Republican Ambivalance... thought that tax cuts were good were good and pork was bad... does the man who runs america, Rush, know about this... it is from Newsmax gotta be right..

Newsmax.com - Stimulus Sellout: 3 Gop Senators Slashed Billions in Tax Cuts; Specter Got $6.5 Billion

2. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Re: Stimulus Sellout: 3 Gop Senators Slashed Billions in Tax Cuts; Specter Got $6.5 B

It's just three sellouts. I'm not sure what your point is, the way your point reads to me proves they blasted this bill through by getting, as previously mentioned, two RINOs and a Senile, to be bought into the bill rather than an actual compromise.

Let me remind you 46% of Americans voted Republican a few months ago AND by about 2-1 Americans favor more tax cuts and less spending now for this bill.
  4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Re: Stimulus Sellout: 3 Gop Senators Slashed Billions in Tax Cuts; Specter Got $6.5 B

Actually on Polling Reports as of 02/12.. 59% of americans favored this stimulus bill...

Budget/Taxes

Personally find it interesting when a right wing site eats its own..
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Watching what has been going on it appears to me that the Rebs have banded together and are willing to obstruct anything Obama proposes. They are willing to gamble that this stimulous won't work and are ready to take the country down with them rather then honestly trying to compromise.( Pelosie and her gang have not helped in the least. They seem to be playing the revenge game.) What is being proposed has never been tried on this level before, and if it works the Republicans will lose. And lose big they may be out of power for the next 30 years or so. But i find it unconscionable that they would gamble with the countries future rather than sit down in good faith and work out a deal.
    Tax cuts don't work if someone isn't working how can you get any taxes in any form from them.

The idea of tax cuts like this comes from the failed economic theory called supply side economics. I could go into that at length but all i have to do is point out the last 8 years of tax cuts we're trillions in the hole because of it and deficit spending.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I know that but that's because the people have been convinced the earth will stop spinning if it's not passed.

That doesn't mean they LIKE this bill just that they want something passed :

"With the Senate poised to vote Tuesday on an $827-billion version of the economic recovery plan, 62% of U.S. voters want the plan to include more tax cuts and less government spending.

Just 14% would like to move in the opposite direction with more government spending and fewer tax cuts, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Twenty percent (20%) would be happy to pass it pretty much as is, and five percent (5%) are not sure."

Rasmussen Reports: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Site.
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Bullsh!t. The Republican bill did have some trickle down/supply side features but also had a 5% across the board income tax cut. You don't think a 5% raise would help people ? That is NOT supply side. Sorry.
  8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

I don't even know if I agree with this whole thing, but everyday I am on the road and another business has closed... or I speak to someone who is about to loose their job, cannot find a job or has lost their job... contractors have no work.. big box stores are cutting hours and work force.. it goes on and on.. will the stimulus bill help? I do not know.. my concern about this and tarp has been who will ultimately pay.. passing debt to our children and grandchildren is not a good thing.
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Let me be clear - I am in favor of "the stimulus bill" as a generic concept. But I'm not in favor of THIS stimulus bill. This is bullsh!t.

What would I do with $1T ? I'd start retrofitting gas stations all across the country with natural gas pumps (huge amount of blue collar jobs there), retrofitting cars and giving huge tax credits to new cars running on natural gas (more blue collar jobs) and start a Manhattan Project on energy both for most efficient cars from gas/natural gas/electric (lots of white collar jobs there).

Get people to work and shift a good amount of our gas usage to the large amount of natural gas under our land. It's cheaper, less pollutive and ours.
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

What ever I've come to the conclusion your Fog Buster's long lost brother. That aside all i here from the republican leadership is tax cuts, tax cuts, Tax Cuts are the answer to the problem.
    An whats so unbelievable is their arrogant selfrightiousness. These are the same people that rubber stamped Bush policies that got us Trillions in the hole.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +389 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

A 5% income tax cut would help the average American. And the business tax cuts should help businesses. Personally I'd have gotten rid of the payroll tax for both individuals and businesses to help both sides but businesses are the entities which employ people.
  12. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How do we quickly get out of this recession? By growing the economy.
    What is the most effective way to grow the economy? Tax cuts for corporations and individuals coupled with the government just getting out of the way. It's worked in the past and will work in the future.

The worst thing for the economy is the government monkeying with it. It only brings uncertainty, which is the worst thing for a troubled economy.

Check your American history, tax cuts have worked.