Welcome to PatsFans.com

Stimulus/job creation idea

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Since jobs are being lost by the tens to hundreds of thousands so far this year, why not round up and deport all the illegals, so that Americans can have the millions of jobs they occupy? Think about it, the process would require hiring new agents to find the criminal illegals, which means new jobs, while also providing less of a drain on local governments that have to provide the tens of millions of red inkers with social services. So it'd be a tripple whammy. We'd create more jobs for AMERICAN CITIZENS, save money in having to provide fewer social services to red ink criminal illegal aliens, while also improving the security of our nation, at a time of federal transition, and difficult economic times, when crime thrives.
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

great idea!

Start with the companies that HIRE ILLEGAL PEOPLE!!!!!
  3. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

I don't care how you start, but it makes little sense to me to have illegals working in a country where AMERICAN CITIZENS are losing their jobs. Time to tighten up and keep our own working.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

we truly agree....I tend to get pissed at that as well, trust me.

Try and get a work visa in England, see how well that works out for you. Hop on a plane to Austrailia, get a newspaper, and an interview for a job. See how easy it is to get work....

Fact of the matter is we give out TONS of visas, and employ millions of illegals. We should only hand out visas to essential foreign employees, and employ americans first.

I dare a politician to side on the flip of what RW proposes....I frickin DARE them.
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Why not? Seems like the easiest place to start. The only problem I see is that most of their jobs prolly pay below minimum wage and that would be illegal. So companies would have to pay US citizens higher wages which would mean higher prices for their products and possibly lower profit margins as well.

It's probably not as much of a "no-brainer" as it would seem on the surface. but definately worth investigating.

P.S. You can probably see now why deflation is bad for the economy!
    just kidding RW!
  6. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

yeah let's become a police state. you could start with "papers please"

let's pit people against people and allow the top 1% continued looting of the country
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

as Dick Cheney mentioned... the American way of life is not negotiable... including indentured servitude... we need slaves at slave wages... and we'll go to war in order to protect it...
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

If 11,000,000 illegal immigrants spend an average of $5,000/year each, that means that losing the immigrants would pull $55,000,000,000, not including all the costs associated with the extra population (police, social workers, court officers, teachers, construction workers, maintenance people, garbage collectors, etc.) out of the economy.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

WTF are you talking about? It is ILLEGAL to work in this country if you're not a citizen or at least don't have a work visa. All we're talking about is enforcing our laws and HELPING US citizens since they are the one we are SUPPOSED to be helping.

What, did you think we're supposed to help citizens of foreign nations?

Jeesh Biggles....we're talking about helping US CITIZENS. You know, AMERICANS?
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Patters, if we're talking about employing 11,000,000 people whether they are US citizens or illegal immigrants, no money would be taken out of the economy.

Let's just say hypothetically that we deported 11 million illegal immigrants next week. If 7 million of them had jobs (since not all work and some are children) and we gave those jobs to US citizens, how would money be taken out of our economy?

As a matter of fact, I think it would ADD money to our economy because US citizens don't send a portion of their earnings to their families in other countries...do they? So wouldn't it ALL get spent right here in the good 'ol USA?
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's all well and good... I understand where you're coming from, and part of me agrees.... However:

You realize, of course, that physically and forcibly moving 11 million people against their will and out of this country creates an enormous humanitarian crisis... Not to mention a logistical nightmare... 11 million men women and children... think about that for a moment...

It wouldn't be pretty, and many would go quite violently... There's cost involved in that.... Immense cost.
  12. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

The 11,000,000 illegals represent a sizable market for American goods and services. If a business lost $100,000/year because of a decline in local population, it would hire fewer workers.
  13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

Of course that was a hypothetical. but if 3 million were deported for good reason, that would create a lot of opportunity as well.

Look, we have a pretty significant humanitarian crisis of American citizens going on right now in this country. I'm not saying that American citizens are more important people than any others, but they are more important to Americans and to the United States.

It's a policy that is worth looking at, that's all I'm saying.
  14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

It's not the number of people that create demand for goods, it's the dollars they're spending. So if the jobs are given to American citizens, then the dollars and demand remain.

You would not be deporting dollars, you'd be deporting people WITHOUT the dollars.

Let's say you were an illegal immigrant making $100,000 (I know, it's an exaggeration) and you were deported. The job you had would be given to an American citizen and so would the $100,000. PLUS, you would not be sending 25% of your salary overseas to be spent there.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'd need to believe the border was actually locked down first. Getting them out would cost money, and what's to stop them from just trickling back in?
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

It depends on the specific business sector. But, the fact is, if you deport 11,000,000 people, you end up with 11,000,000 fewer dinners, fewer toothbrushes, fewer pairs of pants, and so on. In addition, I think it's likely that illegals save less (because they earn less), so pump a greater percent of their income back into the economy rather than into savings.

Although some jobs might open up in some sectors, many jobs would also be lost. We would not need as many police, social workers, teachers, home builders, etc. if we had 11,000,000 fewer people.

If we were to get rid of illegals, it would have to be a very gradual process. That said, I think an amnesty and better protection for workers is the answer to your concerns. If we provided better protection for workers, then illegals would not have as easy a time undercutting good wages.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +232 / 8 / -13

Your hero BO is gonna make all the illegal aliens citizens with full benefits.:eek:
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +375 / 3 / -15

I don't advocate deporting 11 million illegal immigrants. But if we got rid of the worst of them (criminals and the ones that just got here), say about 3 million, it would create opportunities.

The bottom line is, we just can't keep allowing illegals to flow intot this country at the rate they have been over the past 10-20 years.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Another falacy from the pro-Amnesty, destroy America crowd. You people act as if some decides today to deport the people WHO HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE HERE, and tomorrow, all of a sudden, 11 (yeah right) million people are instantly rounded up and deported. Please. It's absolutely impossible to do that. Any decision to actually enforce the immigration laws, and protect the taxpaying citizens of this country, would take time. Deporting illegals, like we're supposed to, would be a process, and not an incident.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

While I agree with your point about the joke that is the US border, keeping illegals here isn't exactly free. They are massive red ink, and a total drain on social services.