PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still worried about our secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Even with Rodney back I'm still worried about our secondary. I dont feel comfortable with Hobbs, and Samuel hasnt looked too good of late either. If Jax aborted there run plan, and went to a more passing plan, i dont think we would of won that game. Every time Jax did decide to throw the ball it seemed like they completed passess with ease, and every time for like 20 yard pick ups. Imagine against Manning+harrison, or even Cutler+walker, because we might be playing Denver. I think if we are going to be worried about anything, i think it should be about our secondary because any hot passing team will tear us to shreds. I would like peoples opinions on this, or am i just being paranoid?

Even with Rodney back I'm still worried about our secondary. I dont feel comfortable with Hobbs, and Samuel hasnt looked too good of late either. If Jax aborted there run plan, and went to a more passing plan, i dont think we would of won that game. Every time Jax did decide to throw the ball it seemed like they completed passess with ease, and every time for like 20 yard pick ups. Imagine against Manning+harrison, or even Cutler+walker, because we might be playing Denver. I think if we are going to be worried about anything, i think it should be about our secondary because any hot passing team will tear us to shreds. I would like peoples opinions on this, or am i just being paranoid?

Rodney played lot in the box and blitzed a few times.we obviously wanted to stop the Jags run

i agree im never comfortable with our pass D but having Scott/Mickens instead of Troy is good for me..Ray Mickens did well in the 1 game he played a lot but havent seen much of him lately. im more worried about deep ball and tackling

The secondary is fine.

If we were to play Indy or Cincy I would be concerned. But the likely opponents of Denver, SD, Balt don't worry me with our secondary.

If we were to play Indy or Cincy I would be concerned. But the likely opponents of Denver, SD, Balt don't worry me with our secondary.

i wouldnt quiet overlook Denver. Walker is fast adn strong..can jump and Smith is experienced

if Hobbs is on Walker..im worried

IMO, With Rodney & Asante back there, im Comfortable with That:D

Rodney played lot in the box and blitzed a few times.we obviously wanted to stop the Jags run

i agree im never comfortable with our pass D but having Scott/Mickens instead of Troy is good for me..Ray Mickens did well in the 1 game he played a lot but havent seen much of him lately. im more worried about deep ball and tackling

Exactly what i noticed in that game as well, but there will be a BIG difference come playoff time. His name is VINCE. And he is BIG. No doubt the best NT in football will let the secondary drop into the coverage that they need.

We're dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmed!!!

Just keep Hobbs off of the corner and our secondary, IMO, is fine and the best part of it, they are young and will continue to get better, and better.

Now, if some of them can take height pills. :D

..sorry Chad Scott is even worse IMO...Hobbs has the physical tools(besides height) and hes very competitive...his mistakes are mental most of time

Scott on other hand..he just gets beat.

Whether they can do well will show when, or if depending how the playoffs go, they play teams with the better recievers. It also will depend on how the front 7 does, whether the Patriots have a lead and the opponent has to pass which makes it easier.

I think its a little unfair to expect any DB in the league to be able to defend 'inside routes' - these plays are guaranteed to succeed regardless of game situation and opponent.

Why OC's dont call them all the time is a mystery to me.

NM

Shut up already. You don't have to make a IMO statement on every single post. For crying out loud. Just shut up. We don't need NEM post 3-4 deep on every thread saying the same darn thing.

To echo Digger - STFU NEM. Your troll spam is not football discussion, it's a constant attack on the Patriots and their fans.

To echo Digger - STFU NEM. Your troll spam is not football discussion, it's a constant attack on the Patriots and their fans.

Seriously Box, every time you open a thread he has 3-4 posts in a row disagreeing with 3-4 different posters. It's pure trash. Even if you iggy him you still see him hog a whole page.

I think its a little unfair to expect any DB in the league to be able to defend 'inside routes' - these plays are guaranteed to succeed regardless of game situation and opponent.

Why OC's dont call them all the time is a mystery to me.

NM

Either you are NEM, or you're comic timing is superb!:bricks:

dont know much X's and O's but against denver if the secondary plays its role of covering the receivers when the QB's roll out and not try and cheat up the line of scrimmage , it will be fine...the biggest problem with the denver offense which the pats struggle is the big play out of the qb rollout...

So, now we see who recruited you over here. Interesting. Have a nice day.

I prefer a little sarcasm, it beats veiled threats and outright abusive posts.

I havent been 'recruited' at all - I prefer to keep an open mind.

And i'd genuinely still be interested to hear your thoughts on the top OC's you've seen in the game.

NM

You are being paranoid.

But are you being paranoid enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes