PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still worried about a 3 WR, and now depth at RB...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Morris hurt again, I think the depth at RB is a issuie, glad we kept 5 RB... The WR though still not happy with Aiken, who to me is a special team player than a third wr... Eldeman still is a work in progress, but glad with his progress so far...

Maroney lovers and haters will have there say the next few weeks, since it looks like its Maroney or bust in the RB dept...

I'd bet the Patriots wouldn't have to break the bank to get a guy like Larry Johnson if they wanted him.

With all the extra picks they have, I could see them giving a 4th rnd pick for him.

I only bring up Johnson's name because of the Pioli connection in KC, but there are a bunch of guys out there would could help them that wouldn't come at a very high cost.

I do think that they need to bring someone in. If we see Morris or Taylor back this year it won't be for quite a while.

I wouldn't worry too much about RB depth. RB is the most readily fungible position in the NFL. Outside of a few game-changers, like Adrian Peterson, or like Ray Rice seems to be becoming, I don't see that much of an upgrade from JAG to unexceptional-starter.

If the offensive line and passing game are working, the Pats should be able to get serviceable back-up work out of any number of 'backs not currently on anyone's roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down