PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still one open roster spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What deadline is this? Didn't we activate Bolden just hours before the game last week?

That was because we had a roster exemption for him. Which could be lifted at any point in time.

Yates says they only have 52 right now:

Projecting Patriots inactives - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I would guess that the discrepancy has to do with Jermaine Cunningham's suspension, which still has 2 games to go.

I believe teams have until 4 PM today to activate someone in order to make them eligible to play tomorrow, though again, I'm not 100% sure. It seems possible that the Pats may go with who they currently have this week, unless the promote someone from the PS at the last minute.

I believe (at least at this point in year - if rule doesnt apply entire season) ; that if you activate anyone from the PS they have to stay on the active roster for 3 weeks.

so your first supposition would make sense and (rule would) make the last guess (a last minute PS upgrade) an impossibility.

Last edited:
I believe (at least at this point in year - if rule doesnt apply entire season) ; that if you activate anyone from the PS they have to stay on the active roster for 3 weeks.

so your first supposition would make sense and (rule would) make the last guess (a last minute PS upgrade) an impossibility.

The 3-week rule is when you sign a player from another team's PS.

Not happy with 83 returning punts.
Maybe it's just me.

I disagree, he's too damn explosive not to use. Unless he's completely worn out, you gotta use him. Plus he rarely ever fumbles. Don't have to use him there vs jax and the fins. But, definitely have to use him there in the playoffs. One big punt return can be a game changer and he almost took one to the house vs houston.

I love the binkyism in these type of threads...everybody grabs a go-kart and it's off to the races....this summer I dared to call the cutting of Jonathan Fanene a "meh"....holy Torquemadas, I was dragged over the coals and nearly cyber eviscerated...and then I had the temerity to mockingly call him Fanoony and Fa-nanee-nunu and actually got hate mail ,and a death threat!

heh...well....guess what Jonathan Fanene has been up to since BB made the tragic HUGE mistake in camp?...that's right...and keep looking cuz' there's NADA...

my guess is Bill will sign somebody, twenty people will go off on the Love/Hate train for a trip down mammary lane again...and next week there'll be another all important roster spot to fill...and guess what?...it STILL won't be Fanoodles...and NOW...it's TREE TIME!!!!

facetree.gif

Last edited:
I guess they were happy with the 46 they could assemble from the 52 they had.

The fact that nobody from the PS was promoted makes me think that sometime next week the Patriots will be looking to being in a veteran Free Agent.

That, or they just feel they can get by 2 weeks with 52 and then bring in Cunningham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back