Welcome to PatsFans.com

Still not convinced? Look here ...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

How did we get into this financial crisis?? Who tried to prevent it?? Who
    stood in the way of preventing this potentially catastrophic blow-up of the
    U.S. economy??

YouTube - Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial mess

This is serious, folks. The very people who are accusing George Bush and
    the Republicans of "being the cause of the problem" are THEMSELVES the
    genuine cause of the problem: the Democrats, led by the likes of Barney
    Frank, Chris Dodd, Ted Kennedy. And Barack Obama for cheer-leading this criminal cover-up.

//

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

That is all you care about, who to pin the blame on? Do you somehow feel better by absolving your moronic leaders from any blame?

What a douche. You are a joke.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,892 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Wow. I've enjoyed your posts in the past but don't you think that's a little over the line?

4. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The real douche and joke are those who are trying to make this an issue by blaming Geo Bush and John McCain. The record clearly shows who allowed this crisis to happen, and it also clearly shows who tried to stop it. The Dems allowed -- even accelerated this melt down -- and Geo Bush, John McCain and other Republicans tried their level best to avoid it.

If you cannot stand the facts, and can only resort to ad hominem attacks, then maybe you don't belong here.

//

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Let me bend over so you can see what's behind this catastrophy foggy.

6. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You're as classy as the people who brought America to this disaster, and you will share in their reward, God willing.

//

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 2 / -9

The American People Want To Know Who Was To Blame So They Can Destroy Them And Let The Whole World Know What Stinking F-cking Scumsucking Bastards They Really Are.

CHAIN DRAG BARNEY CUDDLES FRANK THEN BEHEAD HIM

8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You know I was just about to say the same thing to Nancy Pelosi. She spent the first several minutes last night blaming it all on Republicans.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Are you jokers really so pathetic that in the biggest American melt down ever, your #1 priority is hysterically trying to pin the blame????

Are you freaking kidding me?

I should have put you on my ignore list a long time ago.

10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I was only pointing out that Reid and Pelosi made blame the opening of their little speech last night.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Listen, Mr. Outraged, if Obama is going to build his entire "Change" campaign on his accusations of "bad Bush, bad McCain, look at what they did", then telling the American people exactly WHO caused this mess in the first place is a patriotic duty. This is not partisan, it is the truth. If you have a problem with that then you should ban yourself from this list because you are just a partisan political hack.

//

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And she just did it again five minutes ago when she "explained" why there is still no agreement on a solution. Barney Frank also contributed his own self-justification for causing this mess in the first place: "A few Republicans are holding this whole thing up."

Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi need to be arrested and taken to court, charged with destroying the American economy.

//

13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +389 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Well Mr foggy, I'm not worried because I can build a house from trees and learn to hunt. I think I'd even like it. How would you make out you wittle cry-baby?

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Are you 13 or 14??? There oughtta be a law about internet access, like a driver's license. 'Course, with Mass drivers we all see how much that worked.

:rolleyes: ------------- :rolleyes:

//

15. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Let's be fair here. During Friday's debate, what is the first thing out of Obama's mouth when questioned about the current economic crisis?

The Dems, including Obama, are climbing over each other to blame this entire mess on President Bush. Anyone willing to look at the facts knows that the Community Reinvestment Act was the bill that got this ball of sh*t rolling. Couple that with the unwillingness of the Dems in 2003 to address the problems with Freddie and Fannie that were presented by the Bush administration.

Here is a NYT article from 2003

The truth is that the Dems are insanely scared about the truth getting out. Because if it does, they are sunk in November. That's why you see Pelosi, Reid, Barny Frank, and even Obama toting the "It's Bush's fault!" mantra.

16. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Bush could have influenced the FED to raise interest rates. He didn't need to invade Iraq. Wasn't he in support if the economic stimulus plan?

17. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +268 / 10 / -11

A silly piece of propaganda by Fog, but I don't think anyone will fall for it. The fact remains that the Repubicans had either control of Congress or the White House or both for the last 14 years. The fact that they simply did some posturing when they did not control it all means nothing. The time for them to have acted would have been during the 6 years they controlled both Congress and the White House.

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

"Silly" propaganda by Fog??? :rofl: The American people don't buy silly propaganda; they look for facts, the truth, they are tough and demanding when their lives are on the line. And the truth for all to see is that this mess started under Jimmy Carter and a Dem Congress; it got much worse under Bill Clinton and a Dem Congress; and by the time the Republicans knew where the majority seats in the Congress were, they had been falsely accused of "racism" for daring to demand accountability for the fatally flawed legislation that forced banks to give mortgage money to people who could never make the payments. Failed mortgages by the millions are the result of this failed Democrat legislation, coupled with the Democrat blockage of efforts by Republicans to fix it years ago. EVERYONE sees it, and will see the way they must vote.

Stay tuned.

//

19. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +268 / 10 / -11

Oh, so now it starts with Jimmy Carter, I see. Typical Republican denying all responsibility. Republicans need to listen to Bill Cosby more. At any rate, even using your immature reasoning, why didn't Bush and the Republicans enact corrective legislation during their 6 years when they controlled DC?

And you are right Americans don't buy silly propaganda. That's why Gallup shows McCain down an incredible 12 points. McCain will have to change his tune sharply if he wants to have a chance at winning.

20. atomdomb

atomdomb Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the propaganda is so silly then refute it. what about the community reinvestment act. what about legislation to (for all intents and purposes) loan money to low income families (while using the race card to force it through). I don't think the Dems bear all the blame. I think there is enough blame to go around, but some of these policies to help the poor are going to make us all poor. That might be the intended outcome from the beginning.

On a side note howling Republicans demanded that the 125+ billion going to the communist Acorn be removed from the 700 billion. This whole thing stinks of ass-swabbing and back patting. Also, how does that tax dodging sally Barney Franks and Beans lead the charge on this for the Dems. Is this the best you got to put in front of the camera. He is like watching a gay Elton John. Wait a minute...