PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Still Livid (MERGED fuming over officiating)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Still Livid

... believe that the campaigning Dungy and Polian do works. The refs entered this game looking for Moss pushing off and therefore called it even when it didn't happen. They were looking for Hobbs interfering and called it. Even though the calls went heavily in their favor someone is probably creating a tape right now featuring all of the non-calls that went against Indy.

I hope so.

Also, rememeber that Pat Kirwan's FIRST point on nfl.com was to have the Colts complain to the ref's about the Moss' holdings. :mad:

hey wildo......
unfortunate but accurate
the samuel call was marginal - 3 points
the hobbs call was ludicrous -3 points
the moss no call was ridiculous, his arm was held
the moss PI was bullshiiiiiiit

the way i see it, these officials tried to give indy 14 and take 7 away from the pats.

as it turned out indy got six and the pats got 7. in other words, we ovvercame a 21 point fu@#ing by the refs to win this game.

i'm still not excited to host indy in the afccg in january. thats one tough team.

but if this game were called staight up we would've won by at least 14

I've never in my life b.itched about the refs, injuries or any of that other total BS that idiot fans whine about when they lose. I believe we lost that AFCCG last year straight up despite what some "impartial" Pats fans here and other places claim. Never once complained or made excuses, and I certainly wouldn't say anything in a win even if there were a "few" questionable calls that happened to go the other teams way. I also hate conspiracy theories and those that espouse them and am floored by the fact that my comments now somehow seem to make me a "conspiracy theorist."

I could bring up so many examples of how this game was clearly officiated by men either directly instructed or personally inclined to do their best to help the Colts and kill the Pats, but I will mention only one because I feel it best exemplifies the undeniable nature of my point: I don't care how lousy or inexperienced a referee you are, there is no possible way that watching a CB running IN FRONT of Reggie Wayne and leaping for a catch could lead you to legitimately call defensive pass interference. It's not a bad call, it's a premeditated and deliberate call and anyone who watches that replay and thinks that a reasonable human being could have accidentally thrown that flag (among many, many others) against the defense is either in willful denial or completely insane.

Look, I don't know what went on to create this situation, and it kills me to be b.itching about officiating or making any "excuses" (especially when we won!) but I still feel so angry about this game that I can't even believe it. I cannot believe that I am one of those losers complaining about the refs and I can't believe that I feel compelled to write this in frustration, but I do.

It's absolutely nothing against the Colts or Polian or whoever. The Colts are a great team and I love this rivalry like I've never loved a rivalry before and I have no idea who or what was the dominant force behind the attempt to undermine this game, but I'm convinced that this attempt was undeniable.

I like to consider myself pretty level-headed and I can't stand homers and those who make excuses in a loss or trash other teams out of blind hatred. If this were merely a debatble bias amongst the refs or a series of poor and unfair calls, I would be the absolute last person to say anything about it and would take the win in stride. I really can't help myself but say what I believe to have happened and am extremely upset about....

At least be a little realistic. The league and the refs basically handed us 3 AFC Championship games and Superbowl rings, so a little karma coming back our way is understandable. I didn't see you complaining when we were getting all the breaks, and all the calls a few years ago.....

........just saying.

nice try......

It's Polian, Wildo...he's been the mysterious force behind every negative aimed at the Patriots this season. He's been an outrageous psychopath ever since his days at Buffalo and he's drunk with power.

It's Polian, Wildo...he's been the mysterious force behind every negative aimed at the Patriots this season. He's been an outrageous psychopath ever since his days at Buffalo and he's drunk with power.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know. But that's total speculation and I have no evidence to say it. It could have been the fact that media hates the Pats, or that BB isn't liked amongst NFL "inner circles" or that the NFL wants to maintain the parity that it created the salary cap for. It could have been a whole host of different reasons. And neither I, nor you, has any evidence of why it happened or who was behind it but my only point is that you cannot honestly watch that game and deny that it happened.

Oh and Tom Jackson just said that because of "injuries" this was a "moral victory" for the Colts. No mention of the fact that our team managed to beat an undefeated defending SB championship team that's playing the best they ever have at home and are now 9-0. Wow.

Oh and Tom Jackson just said that because of "injuries" this was a "moral victory" for the Colts. No mention of the fact that our team managed to beat an undefeated defending SB championship team that's playing the best they ever have at home and are now 9-0. Wow.

I am sure he made a similar comment when we lost the AFCG last year without so many of our key defensive players. :rolleyes:

BTW - Very nice thread and post Wildo7. You have captured and articulated the emotions of many of us. Thanks!

Everyone keeps talking about the refs giving the Colts 6 points.

They gave the Colts the ball on the Pats 5 TWICE with BS calls. It is only because of our great defense that this turned into 6 points instead of 14.

At least be a little realistic. The league and the refs basically handed us 3 AFC Championship games and Superbowl rings, so a little karma coming back our way is understandable. I didn't see you complaining when we were getting all the breaks, and all the calls a few years ago.....

........just saying.
go jump off a bridge you dork :rolleyes:

........just saying.

So...a casual fan, huh? 'Cause that's nonsense. You just don't hear about B.S. officiating AGAINST the Pats b/c theyt don't complain very much, and more importantly, they often WIN ANYWAY so it's not controversial.

Try watching the games.

It's all about Vegas baby.

We could have lost this game only because of those calls and it's truly infuriating... We had more penalty yards than all the other games combined....Is the Colts D just that much better?!?!?

Since when did dominating a gunner, and blocking him off the field become "unsportsmanlike?" The NFL is a joke. The New England Patriots are the commissioner, not whats his name? We run sh it. Peyton wouldn't even take of his helmet to exchange "pleasantries" post-game. DOLTS.

Since when did dominating a gunner, and blocking him off the field become "unsportsmanlike?" The NFL is a joke. The New England Patriots are the commissioner, not whats his name? We run sh it. Peyton wouldn't even take of his helmet to exchange "pleasantries" post-game. DOLTS.

Oh wow, I forgot about that call. WTF was that!!

That was a great play by our guy on special teams, that call was atrocious.

At least be a little realistic. The league and the refs basically handed us 3 AFC Championship games and Superbowl rings, so a little karma coming back our way is understandable. I didn't see you complaining when we were getting all the breaks, and all the calls a few years ago.............just saying.
Just saying that you are a troll!

The ref's number is #132... and he MUST have been payed a king's ransom for all of the BULL SH!T calls he spewed out today.

WHAT A TOOL...

It just makes me despise the dolts organization this much more.

They received at LEAST 6 extra points that they clearly did NOT deserve.

AT LEAST...

I think I've been among the more level-headed posters here, but I simply don't understand how anyone can NOT be upset with the officiating in this game. I'm still quite livid myself, and I find it completely understandable that the Pats players were visible upset as well. Somethning needs to be done about this. I don't know what, but the Pats FO would do well to pursue this.

I agree. The officiating almost managed to taint the outcome of this game. It was truly ridiculous. Especially in the first half where the refs gift wrapped 2 scores for the Colts. Fortunately the Pats D held them to Field Goals. The Patriots SHOULD file a complaint to the league office and have this looked into. There better not be anymore craptastic refs with blinders on officiating the rest of the Pats games. It came suspiciously close to looking like an attempt to 'point shave' so that the Pats wouldn't cover the spread!

this was entertaining.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

think you would fit right in.

GET OVER IT YOU WON!

I hope we do NOT get over it. There is no Homerism going on here with the assessment that the calls were some of the worst that have ever been seen in a huge game. There is simply no denying that. It is not opinion...it's FACT and we have it on tape.

Would you actually make the statement the calls were ok?

None was as bad as the Offensive PI on Moss,

That was ridiculous.

He got nailed for a BS one in the Dallas game as well.

There were clearly two different rulebooks used tonight depending on which offense was on the field.

The only time I actually ever saw him do it, he didn't get flagged.

But two times he does nothing, he gets flagged.

I'd say the non-call with Faulk going across the middle late in the game was pretty ****ing bad too. That's when Brady blew up.

I agree on still being upset. The Pats just won a tough game to go 9-0 and I didn't enjoy it at all. The refs ruined that game for me.

I don't for a second believe it was deliberate. I believe it was horrible officiating heavily in favor of one team. If they wanted the Colts to win they could have easily called phantom defensive holding calls whenever the Colts failed to convert a 3rd down. The could have called offensive holding on big NE plays. They could have come up with something on the Manning fumble.

I also believe that the campaigning Dungy and Polian do works. The refs entered this game looking for Moss pushing off and therefore called it even when it didn't happen. They were looking for Hobbs interfering and called it. Even though the calls went heavily in their favor someone is probably creating a tape right now featuring all of the non-calls that went against Indy.

No, they couldn't have made up other penalties "if" they wanted the Colts to win. They have film now...remember? If they made a call and the guy never even touched a receiver, it would have showed up on film & replay.

Hell, it was obvious enough as it was. They couldn't have just made up crap and announced to the country the fix was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back