PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sticky perhaps....2008 Free Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think this is the best thread in the draft forum.

who do you think we could take?

(besides hobson)

(besides hobson)

Definetely easier to improve yourself this way. But, we just don't have enough cap space to make it an interesting off-season like last year. We're going to try to cut our losses. Not gain anything. I'd love to keep Asante. But, I just don't see it happening. That said. Let's keep Moss. Rework Colvin's deal.
Let D.Stallworth go. Sign J.Gaffney to a cheaper deal than Stallworth is getting. And, go from there. We might be able to afford an ilb like V.Hobson. I don't watch the Jets too much. Don't know if he's a good fit for our or not.

Would really like Dansby.

Re: Asante Samuel

We should watch to see what Buffalo gets, as compensation, for losing Nate Clements. This is what we'll be looking to get next year if Samuel signs elsewhere.

Who else, besides Moss, is compensation worthy?

Last edited:
Re: Asante Samuel

We should watch to see what Buffalo gets, as compensation, for losing Nate Clements. This is what we'll be looking to get next year if Samuel signs elsewhere.

Who else, besides Moss, is compensation worthy?

Thomas, probably Welker and possibly Stallworth, are going to be more of a comp-negative than Moss. Total contract value is a huge part of the equation. Moss came in on a one-year, four-million dollar contract, with incentives.

Actually, Moss and Welker were acquired via trade, so they won't figure in the equation. Thomas and Stallworth will, though.

Edit: It appears I misunderstood your question. You're talking about guys leaving, not coming in, right? In that case, Moss and Samuel will be the big guns. Stallworth will be cut, so he's not eligible. Possibly Gay and Wilson, depending on whether somebody over-pays for them.

Last edited:

(besides hobson)

Two guys whom I really liked when they were coming out were Koutovides and Lehman.

Lehman has had some injury problems in Detroit, but should be a low-risk/high-reward prospect.

Koutovides lost his job to Lofa Tatupu (no shame there), and is a very good special teams player. He'll also be affordable, but I think he'd be a priority re-sign by Seattle.

I hear Dallas is shopping Bobby Carpenter. He never really got his shot at ILB in Dallas. Anybody think we trade our third for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back