PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stick a Fork in 'em

PatriotsInGA

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Look, I'm not one to give up on the Sox. The last time I did was in 2004, down 3-0 to the Yanks. But, this team isn't hitting or managing well. Here is the list of automatic outs on the Sox right now: Ortiz, Varitek, Drew, Green, Kotchman, and Lowell. The pitching (minus Smoltz, before he was DFA'd) isn't doing as bad as it seems. Beckett was amazing on Friday, but 0 runs. Buch was decent yesterday, but yet again 0 runs. So that's pretty much it, stick a fork in the Sox, the season's over. So like we all used to say before 2004 " Wait 'till next year".:violent:

I sincerely hope that what happened in 2004 happens now that you've given up. I have a feeling that our offense will come out of it's slump at some point just like it did earlier this season. If it doesn't, look for Big Papi to be dumped in the offseason and some major moves to be made to improve this offense.

How is this year's free agent class looking?

I'm concerned but far from throwing in the towel.

I'm concerned but far from throwing in the towel.
+1. I'm mightily pissed off with our form of late and hopeful that something or someone is going to spark this team.

can you say new hitting coach?

Is it October yet? No, it's early August :rolleyes:

Don't get hurt falling off the bandwagon guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Can you say we'll be fine?

Can you say we'll be fine?

I agree. Our pitching has been fine and our hitting will come around. The sox always go through stretches in the second half where they look like absolute **** and then they turn it around. The team is too good and with too much talent to not succeed. Actually I am wearing a shirt today that I hand made that says (on front) Red Sox Nation (On the back) Never say die. I made that shirt after game 6 in 2004 when the red sox tied the series with the yankees. I never give up hope on the Sox.

Look, I'm not one to give up on the Sox. The last time I did was in 2004, down 3-0 to the Yanks. But, this team isn't hitting or managing well. Here is the list of automatic outs on the Sox right now: Ortiz, Varitek, Drew, Green, Kotchman, and Lowell. The pitching (minus Smoltz, before he was DFA'd) isn't doing as bad as it seems. Beckett was amazing on Friday, but 0 runs. Buch was decent yesterday, but yet again 0 runs. So that's pretty much it, stick a fork in the Sox, the season's over. So like we all used to say before 2004 " Wait 'till next year".:violent:

My problem is the team has been gutted of its personality. The 03 & 04 teams were so much fun to root for, and 07 as well, b/c of the youth influx. I love Pedroia, Beckett, Lester, Ellsbury, Lowell to name a few...but the team is missing the spark that Manny, DLowe, Pedro, even Millar gave.

I'm just not feeling this team. If the Sox make a run, great, I'll always be rooting for them, but as a fan, I don't quite have my heart in it the way I did in years prior.

Look, I'm not one to give up on the Sox. The last time I did was in 2004, down 3-0 to the Yanks.

I'm sure there were a lot of people who said Stick a Fork in 'em in 2004 even back in mid-August of that year when they were 10.5 games behind the Yankees.

I think things wound up working out ok that year.

I'm sure there were a lot of people who said Stick a Fork in 'em in 2004 even back in mid-August of that year when they were 10.5 games behind the Yankees.

After tomorrow's game, 18 of the next 25 games are at Fenway which should help. Remember that the last two times they won the World Series (still have trouble believing I typed that)they were the wild card. They are tied with Texas for the wild card as of now so things aren't that bleak....

the Yankees clearly have a better lineup ... but games aren't won on paper. 2004 all over again??? :D:D:D

I think everyone who doubts them needs to go watch, "Reversing the Curse of the Great Bambino" it changed my view on them and helped me remember

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back