PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevenson to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
One gets cut and Saban grabs him for the PSqd...2 draftees gone.

Been wondering what he did to make himself unwelcome here.

Imagine what would happen if (when?) Stevenson gets signed to the Pats' active roster. . . .

I also wonder why they cut Stevenson and resigned Barthelmes.

I don't understand why the cut him. THey still have a spot open.

psychoPat said:
Been wondering what he did to make himself unwelcome here.
8 on the roster, decisions, decisions.

ctpatsfan77: I'm thinking he probably had trouble shotgun snapping or some other centerly transition problem. Scarnecchia has pretty definite ideas about his non-tackle, reserve interior lineman as far as I can tell.

brady2brown said:
I don't understand why the cut him. THey still have a spot open.

Incorrect (what's new :) )

1) Barthelmes
2) Baugher
3) Bubin
4) Childress
5) Kight
6) Patrick
7) Spann
8) Thomas

The practice squad was at 7 guys following Mays' promotion. The 53 was at 53 when Mays was promoted.

From there, Spann was cut and re-signed to the practice squad, putting 8 on the practice squad and 52 on the 53. Baker was signed, filling up the 53. Stevenson was cut and Barthelmes was signed, keeping the practice squad at 8.

I wonder..one mau be right about center and smapping as they have wanted him to do that..and he wasn't at all used to that...Was BrianB better at it?? I think he did play center..so?? Maybe..with Bubin as an OT..Barthelmes is the inside prospect now..

ctpatsfan77 said:
I also wonder why they cut Stevenson and resigned Barthelmes.

Presumably they see Barthelmes as BETTER.

its obvious they didnt like what they saw so they cut him plan and simple thet arent afraid to cut their draft picks if they deem them not getting it, let saban have our left overs

the OL is one of the deepest & versitile positions on the team. the pats can't keep everyone. just because we draft someone doesn't automatically mean they make the team. we have had rookie FAs make the team over rookie draft picks.

I think they found some gems cut from other teams. They were carrying at least 3 OL on the PS at one time so it must have been evaluation time.

You never know, they picked up Britt that way, (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

RayClay said:
I think they found some gems cut from other teams. They were carrying at least 3 OL on the PS at one time so it must have been evaluation time.

You never know, they picked up Britt that way, (correct me if I'm wrong, please).
Britt was injured and they got him that way..yes..I really think it has a lot to do with playing center...Stevenson hadn't played there..and the team was experimenting with that and..obviously it did not work out..BrianB must have showed something better and..he's the keeper for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back