Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steven Jackson for Selvin Young

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Real World, Oct 9, 2007.

?

Would you trade Stepven Jackson for Selvin Young?

1. Yes, do it, cuz Henry will be suspended, and Jackson won't be right all year.

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. No way, you're nuts, Jackson will come back strong.

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No clue, try to wait and see if Henry does get banned.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

A guy in my league has offered me Selvin Young for Steven Jackson straight up. Jackson has been a tremendous disappointment for me so far this season. It's an interesting deal since Travis Henry might get suspended for a year. The problem is that he hasn't been, and if I do the deal and he isn't, I'm toast. I'm of the opinion that he will be suspended though. Do I roll the dice?
  2. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

I really don't have a clue. Fortunately for you, the donks have a bye week this week so you can sit back and wait unless you don't have a backup for Jackson seeing as how he is out again this week.

The thing is, if Jackson does comeback this season, he is StL's entire offense and will get a lot of touches. Although that StL team is terrible. Does someone have Brian Leonard? There has to be a back out there that you can pick up in the mean time (i.e., Chester Taylor (Min)).
  3. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I assume you're in a complete redraft league. In any case, no way do you trade Selvin Young for SJ straight up until you know about Travis Henry.

Regards,
    Chris
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I have Brian Leonard, yes. That's part of the added temptation. Jackson might bot be back for al ong time, especially if they are 1-10 when he's healthy. If Henry is suspended, I'd have two starting RB's. At any rate, I declined the trade for now.
  5. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

How are you doing in your league? If your team isn't too good then it's probably worth the risk, but if you are doing fine without SJ then it's probably better to wait and see how he will come back. Now my instinct (if there is such a thing in fantasy) tells me that SJ probably won't have a great year when he gets back, but there's no telling what will happen with Henry.

Recent news:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  6. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

I would provide a link but I can't because you have to have a login for sportsline. At any rate, they ar especulating that Henry could play through November.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  7. frankiesfly

frankiesfly Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

yep. I woudn't do anything until the status of Henry is determined.
  8. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

You are getting ripped off. Steven Jackson is going to outproduce Selvin Young in the long run. I don't care if Henry gets suspended. If that's a real possibility though, pick up Watson off the waiver wire for insurance. Watson looks promising and Rudi Johnson has been gimpy.

BTW I was also scared off by Henry and ended up trading him for Lamont Jordan. I don't think that Jordan is that much of a downgrade. I also picked up the aforementioned Watson on the waiver wire for insurance.
    If you're scared of Henry maybe that's the guy you should be looking to move instead of Jackson.

What if Selvin Young ends up being a crappy player? Then you're in a world of hurt.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2007