PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steven A. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
just went at it with Skip Bayless on 1st and 10 and stuck up for the Pats. Skip tried to call them the Raiders east (they were arguing about the King v. Phillips thing) and Steven A. called them a class organization, saying other teams were guilty of cheating too, which is why this has gone away. He also said that they'd still kick butt without the video and that all of the players were class. It was pretty refreshing to see someone adamantly stand up for the Pats, and let's hope that this whole episode tarnishes Peter King's legacy as a credible journalist lol.

We need all the friends we can get, and I'm happy to count Stephen A. among them. I have long believed this phony story is really about league wide resentment over the Pats acquisition of Randy for a 4th, and I think sharp sports reporters are starting to realize the same thing.

a bit surprising that steven a smith is on the pats bandwagon.

Maybe WEEI should get Steven A Smith and Peter King together on the same show and have at er ........

a bit surprising that steven a smith is on the pats bandwagon.

Not really, remember when his show first started? The first commercial for it was him talking about how great the Pats are, I think he said something like, "How unbelievable are the New England Patriots? They draft well, they have a good Defense, a Good Offense, oh yeah and a guy named Tom Brady. Guys will even take less money to go there." I think he's admired the Pats for a while, as a true sports fan, which I don't think many of these tabloid scumbags are nowadays.

skip baseless is useless anyway..he always takes the opposing view of others.
Iam really surprised these guys have a job. Hail ESPN.

Stephen A is loud and arrogant, but I find myself agreeing with him more times than not. He's actually one of the few media personalities that actually has a clue on a wide range of topics.

Stephen A is loud and arrogant, but I find myself agreeing with him more times than not. He's actually one of the few media personalities that actually has a clue on a wide range of topics.

I agree with this. Stephen A can be really annoying and he comes across as always being angry, but if you look past that and listen to his arguments, it seems as though a lot of times he makes sense. I used to be one of the few regular viewers of Quite Frankly and enjoyed that show a lot. I thought he always made good points regarding not only sports, but other issues, such as race as well. IMO, he is the anti-Skip Bayless. He just tells is like he sees it, where as Bayless is all about creating controversy and self promotion. I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other day on first take when Bayless was arguing that Favre last pass during the Bears game was NOT a Hail Mary (He threw it from the 50 with seconds remaining) and Donald Driver should have caught it because it hit him in the hands (along with the hands of the four other recievers around him). Shaun King laughed at him and said it was absolutely a hail mary and Bayless said something to the effect of, "what do you know, you could never throw a ball on a line that far."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes