Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steve Young's remarks tonight on ESPN

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by marty, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Did anyone else catch Young's' remarks about the Pats Miami game? He basically slammed every team thats played against the Pats so far. He wants to know when someones is going to play tough against them. He said that the Phins "played scared" against them, and that Brady wasn't even touched. What an imbecile! Talk about giving no respect to our O line AND the defenses of all the other teams we've played! I think your christmas card list just got a lot shorter Steve!
    ps. I hope Joey Porter comes looking for you Steve, and shows you just how he put Brady on his butt yesterday!

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Steve has a love hate relationship for them.

One moment he's drooling over them, the next moment he gives no respect to the Pats.

It's probably a jealousy/envy thing going on with him.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +631 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

Teams, especially Dallas, have tried to get to Brady but failed. Regarding jamming the WR, Moss is very good at breaking from the jams then you get to try to catch up to him :D

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I have a feeling announcers with ties to the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, Dolphins, etc will be the last to finally concede Brady's greatness.

5. patriot lifer

patriot lifer 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

yeah, Moss prefers it when cb's play him close at the line of scrimmage. It's easier to get by them. I even remember him specifically saying that in one of nfln's In Their Own Words.

6. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -6

Steve's just having a fit because Brady is already a better QB than he was and Brady will end up being a top 5 QB in NFL history along with Peyton Manning.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  7. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +39 / 14 / -10

We have bingo. With every championship that BB and Brady win, guess who starts to get erased from the history books...players and coaches from the teams you mentioned.

8. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Oh, I don't know. Deion started to waver after Dallas and he was in full blown man love mode last night for Brady and Moss - not to mention his man crush on Welker. Mooch was a little snitty, though all he could find nothing to fault us on besides not having a great veteran backup like Griese or Warner (LOL). But Deion told him this was (in his opinion) the exact same scenario under which he came to SF, only in their case the team was retooled to beat the Cowboys, and they did. I think Young has long had a chip on his shoulder over Montana, so it stands to reason Brady would grate on his nerves.

9. Blue18

Blue18 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Blasphemy!​

10. PatSunday

PatSunday On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Patriots schedule always starts out strong when every team is 0-0. The scheduling unfairness typically shows up at the end of the season, Patriots opponents typically have about 14 more losses between them than the Patriots do, while those teams which did not play the Patriots seem to have fared better each week.

What Patriots forget is that we had the toughest schedule in 2001. Bledsoe was the highest paid QB in NFL history and could not win a game.

When Brady came along--and one of the lowest paid and latest drafted QB's of this century at that--his start happened to coincide with one of the easiest schedules of any team in the history of the NFLand for 8 years no less. If only Bledsoe never got injured, he could have enjoyed the same success.

11. KDPpatsfan

KDPpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't think that you have the quote in your sig correct...I remember a story about the first time Kraft met brady, he called him by the wrong first name...

12. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

Huh? What are you talking about? In either 2003 or 2004 the Pats beat more teams with winning records than any other team to win the Superbowl. Go check out the archives at the ColdHardFootballFacts website

13. Absurdly Metro

Absurdly Metro Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 2 / -0

I think it was meant tongue-in-cheek.

;)

14. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -1

Oh, never mind

15. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well said !

And all that time, Drew wouldn't have been handicapping his team by insisting on playing
    with that chronic right shoulder injury!

16. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well said, and further proof that media types flunked math.

17. sanvara

sanvara Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Steve has rings, league and super bowl MVPs, many pro bowls. He had six seasons with a QB rating over 100 and is the highest rated passer of all-time. Tom has never had a season with a rating over 100. I don't see the jealousy angle at all. Sometimes people are giving their honest opinion that isn't always going to be kissing ass and that has nothing to do with resentment or jealousy of the Pats. Steve has given the Pats lots of praise but when he doesn't do that 100% of the time he's jealous now? That's ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.