PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSteve1

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I heard Steve Young after the game say that during the 49er's great, dominate years they would always have a lull during the year where, in thier case, they would lose games and not play well for stretch or barely win and even get lucky. I don't believe any of the teams that had dominate years, dominated every game they played that year. The 1972 Dolphins didn't beat every team 42-3. They barely won many games in fact. So why do some seem to think the Patriots are just going to roll over team after team, never have close games or games they have to come from behind and even
get lucky in a couple to win? The old Steelers lost games in their dominate years. The 49er's, Packers and Cowboys did too. The 1972 Dolphins weren't even that dominate a team that didn't roll over everybody. They barely won some games against some .500 or worse teams.

So why would anyone think the Patriots are going to beat every team 42-7? The Patriots may even lose a game, but isn't the real goal to win the Super Bowl? In the Patriots Super Bowl years did they win every game and play well every week? They have 4 regular season games to get better and get out of this lull. Either that or they really aren't as good as I think and they won't go all the way. But I think they are and will win the Super Bowl

stupid media needs something to talk about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back