PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young on WEEI 11-3-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://media.weei.com/a/98823048/st...roblem-tom-is-always-the-solution-11-3-14.htm

Maybe we should of made a BYE week thread to throw all this stuff in, but since it is still the bye, I thought I would post it. It's a pretty good interview and it seems obvious that Steve Young is a big Brady guy and wants him to get another ring.

It looks like he's wrong right now about Brady's supporting cast, although if Gronk, God forbid, got hurt again, he might seem more right than wrong all of a sudden, but that could probably be said for a lot of teams.

Worth listening to. I liked it purely for his perspective.

Thanks, was some good tidbits in there, but that had to be the worst transcription I've ever read in my life. And WEEI? How'd they score Steve Young?

I never hear much from Steve Young but he's pretty good to listen to, this was no exception.

Very passionate in defending Brady for his "struggles" though he is critical of the same things that most fans are, meaning not supplying Brady with the proper tools as they see it. He does end it by saying that the players around Brady right now have basically proven the opinions of Brady not having enough to work with are wrong and credits the coaching staff for putting everyone in position to succeed (thats my take on what he said, he use far fewer words and was more vague).

He's saying he's frustrated with hearing people say "Tom can't win the big game anymore" while Tom is "bringing bad teams to the championship game," and that NE needs to make the most of having one of the all time greats while he still plays, and surround him with an experienced supporting cast instead of the young and unproven.

I like his support for Tom but this is where I think he's wrong, and what he's somehow missing:

1. If Aaron Hernandez doesn't murder someone, we're not having this conversation.
2. If Gronk doesn't get injured three years in a row, the last two being complete flukes, we're not having this conversation.

I don't think it's an unrealistic homer statement to say that if those things don't happen, our one Superbowl trip and two following AFC Championship games become, in the very least, ring #4, and possibly #5,

There's a big difference between Welker as a primary target and Gronk. We beat the Giants in 2011 in the very least.

I respect these guys, but you have to wonder about their short memories. I mean, they do this for a living.
Maybe it's because they focus on the entire league so major details get lost in the mix.

All things considering, the last 5 weeks of 2014's season has been a significant offensive bounce-back from the offseason of 2012.

He's saying he's frustrated with hearing people say "Tom can't win the big game anymore" while Tom is "bringing bad teams to the championship game," and that NE needs to make the most of having one of the all time greats while he still plays, and surround him with an experienced supporting cast instead of the young and unproven.

I like his support for Tom but this is where I think he's wrong, and what he's somehow missing:

1. If Aaron Hernandez doesn't murder someone, we're not having this conversation.
2. If Gronk doesn't get injured three years in a row, the last two being complete flukes, we're not having this conversation.

I don't think it's an unrealistic homer statement to say that if those things don't happen, our one Superbowl trip and two following AFC Championship games become, in the very least, ring #4, and possibly #5,

There's a big difference between Welker as a primary target and Gronk. We beat the Giants in 2011 in the very least.

I respect these guys, but you have to wonder about their short memories. I mean, they do this for a living.
Maybe it's because they focus on the entire league so major details get lost in the mix.

All things considering, the last 5 weeks of 2014's season has been a significant offensive bounce-back from the offseason of 2012.
I think your point about these people needing to focus on the whole NFL is a large part of it. However, I also often get the distinct impression that they prep themselves by reading and/or listening to the local media about the teams they're about to cover, as opposed to more time- consuming tasks, such as watching film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back