PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young just nailed it (Brady doing more, with less help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) http://overthecap.com/cash-spending is where I got my cash spending figures.
2.) It has been a couple of months since I had the Pats with 7 million in cap space. Doubt that I have used the 7 million figure recently.

I tweeted about the cash spending figures.
My twitter handle is @patscap

I think I have just entered a parallel universe that has to do with BB offending Gisele, BB wanting to get rid of Brady, BB is setting up Brady for failure etc. the beat goes on.

Folks need to take a huge calm down pill, this was a terrible loss and they looked like crap... but no one will work harder to make things better than BB..

Before the season, on paper, I thought we have a better team than what is showing up on the field.. and we probably do, there will be bumps in the road, but things will be better.

We are seeing the backside of Brady's career...

• Brady needs help, can't do shyt on his own. use next 2 years carefully !
  • BB all the more needs help like NOW.. GM, OC, DC, OLC etc etc. he is not super human either
  • Fire most of (or) all of the scouts we have.
  • Browner coming back next week.
  • STOP RUNNING ZONE D AND PLAY MAN / PRESS FROM NEXT WEEK
  • STOP RUNNING VAREEN BETWEEN TACKLES. WE HAVE RIDLEY, USE HIM
  • this team has not heart and fight in it. cut some asses to light a fire under them
I got nothing.. I'm out

Not sabotaging the team but Bill made some comments that pi$$ed off Toms wife. It was something bout bill wanting to prove he could win without Brady. Toms not the type to go public but I'm sure it didn't sit well with him either. My employer is the same as Toms wife ( one of her many employers)whom I know loves him very much and looks out for him. She doesn't like how they have disrespected him after taking pay cuts. She took note to how Manning's team respects him enough to surround him with talent at his age. I hear she does not like Bill at all. She does not like the way he yells at Tom and stated she would never let her employer talk down to her like that. Tom spent some time with Welker who feels the same way. So maybe the rumors are true she wants Tom to finish playing for a team that respects and appreciates him enough to put players around him. I don't know how true it is but Tom doesn't look into it as much as usual.

One thing for sure Tom will not be traded to the highest bidder. He would just retire before being shipped to any scrub team.He would want a release or orchestrate his own trade. I don't know how the Rams were mentioned into it or if there is any substance there but Brady and the Rams has been used in the same conversation

You are a stupid roided up gymrat

Why does it have to be one or the other with Brady? Have the Pats have not done enough to give him enough help- yes. Has Brady's play been overall sub par even when he has an open downfield WR or ample time to make a play- yes.

Both observations are true.

I don't know, Google it. It was also mentioned on the NFL network as well. Snake Eyes im sure has the link.

And Giselle knows football coaches yell, but she, Welker and Brady know he takes it to far. Brady himself has made subtle comments about it before. And there's an element of truth in every little joke. Yes Brady feels like as a man he should take his medicine. But at the same time as a man he will have a problem with Bill going overboard to the extent of himself feeling like a heel to have his wife think there are times he should stand up for himself but does not.

I been there I can promise you there's times Tom feels humiliated in front of his wife and is not cool with it. I'm willing to bet he has given it back to Bill. Giselle dislikes Bill for sure and has asked Tom to retire. I'm not sure she has ever brought up Tom playing somewhere else but it would make sense. And you can be sure Tom very much cares about her opinions, wouldn't you. ;)

I'm talking from experience. My first job out of college a butthole boss screamed on peeps bill style. I was doing a favor for my direct boss by driving back to work picking up a package to drop off on the way to work next day. My boss's boss screamed on me bill style by mistake thinking I was part of something going on. I was talking with a really hot girl I just started talking dating on my cell. I covered the phone but she still heard. I could tell her voice she didn't like how he screamed and expected me to say something to him. I hung and warned him not to talk to me like that again. Trust me no guy is going to allow somebody to talk to down to them bill style in front of a hot girl. That was just a girl I had just met, if it was my wife I would have skipped pi$$ed off and punched'em. True me Tom doesn't like it when bill goes extreme. Its why Welker left and I'll show you the links to that if you want
You keep referring to this statement where Belichick claimed that he "wants to prove that he can win without Brady."

Do you, by chance, have a link to said statement--because it sounds pretty unlikely to me?

Then obviously Giselle does not understand how a successful American football team is run, or how a successful football coach acts.

I would have to believe that Tom Brady is a lot smarter, and that he understands that Belichick is going to yell. Obviously, they have a good chemistry together, which has been stated many times over the years.

If you're seeing Tom "not that into it" lately, it's because his offense sucks....

He's got more than he had at the beginning of his career

You are a stupid roided up gymrat

Your a loser homer who has to pretend all is rainbows and sunshine with you team because its all you have.

I promise you Giselle hates Bill. That's his wife you are stupid if you think he doesn't care

Your a loser homer who has to pretend all is rainbows and sunshine with you team because its all you have.

I promise you Giselle hates Bill. That's his wife you are stupid if you think he doesn't care

You were saying fire Blichick last night in the game thread, and your blaming the teams failures on the quarterbacks wife. Your a bozo, trust me on this one.

Edit: Get your body fat percentage down

It's self evident the Patriots do not have a star studded, potent cast of receiving weapons for Brady. That is definitely, in significant part, BB's fault. He's the Captain of this ship, and what goes wrong on a ship is the captain's fault. There is some plain misfortune involved (murder and injury) but how BB got here is not critically important at this point, how he fixes it is. It's week 4 and the Patriots are 2-2. The season is far from lost.

With that said, even with the much less than potent weapons, that doesn't excuse Brady's performance last night. He is one of the greatest QBs to play the game. Some of those decisions/throws are not acceptable, period. I'd bet the mortgage payment Brady feels the same way..

He's got more than he had at the beginning of his career

I find myself telling myself this... and asking myself whether I am right. We'll see whether the benching has an effect.

You "insider guys" have great scoop. My understanding was that BB's style was more the cutting remark than the full-bore scream. Of course, Parcell's style was the combo pack... who can forget his legendary comment on the headset (that all the coaches could hear) where he told BB "that's why you'll never be a head coach in this league?

I'm noting on the threads I'm involved in that I'm not usually a henny-penny type... but that this feels like the beginning of something other than the Brady-ful future.

Maybe it's just the Tuesday after a national Monday Night Football fail. But I usually don't respond this way. I'm thinking if I'm BB, I'm wondering whether a quick release is beneficial when protection's not ideal. I'm wondering what a Garapolo start would look like. I can't even spell the guy's name yet, and I've only seen him in garbage time... but I'm starting to wonder.

By the way, don't discount the downside if the unimaginable happens. If Brady leaves the Pats and gets hired by somebody with a better supporting cast, watch out. And God help us if he comes back and plays against us.

Sort of getting ahead of myself. I am torn, but I think it takes way more than this stinky season start w/a poor supporting cast to declare him not the best option. But something feels different.

Luckily I'm always wrong, and when Drew went to the Bills I was afraid we cut the wrong quarterback. :)

Holy hell is this thread funny.

I find myself telling myself this... and asking myself whether I am right. We'll see whether the benching has an effect.

You "insider guys" have great scoop. My understanding was that BB's style was more the cutting remark than the full-bore scream. Of course, Parcell's style was the combo pack... who can forget his legendary comment on the headset (that all the coaches could hear) where he told BB "that's why you'll never be a head coach in this league?

I'm noting on the threads I'm involved in that I'm not usually a henny-penny type... but that this feels like the beginning of something other than the Brady-ful future.

Maybe it's just the Tuesday after a national Monday Night Football fail. But I usually don't respond this way. I'm thinking if I'm BB, I'm wondering whether a quick release is beneficial when protection's not ideal. I'm wondering what a Garapolo start would look like. I can't even spell the guy's name yet, and I've only seen him in garbage time... but I'm starting to wonder.

By the way, don't discount the downside if the unimaginable happens. If Brady leaves the Pats and gets hired by somebody with a better supporting cast, watch out. And God help us if he comes back and plays against us.

Sort of getting ahead of myself. I am torn, but I think it takes way more than this stinky season start w/a poor supporting cast to declare him not the best option. But something feels different.

Luckily I'm always wrong, and when Drew went to the Bills I was afraid we cut the wrong quarterback. :)
I think he can be a better game manager than he was at the beginning of his career, but there's no big play based game plan left in him....not one that would be effective......elway got 2 sb rings this way

12/22 for 123 yards...Elway had Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey. Smith didn't even have a reception in the game. The Broncos were 12 point under dogs to the Packers.Terrell Davis ran for 3 TD's and a 153 yards and the defense "held" Favre and the Pack to 24 points.

See the 10,000 pound elephant in the room? That's right...OFFENSIVE LINE.

we don't even have a set line yet, not even one that's been set for even one full game.

Gee, I wonder what's wrong with Brady????:confused:

12/22 for 123 yards...Elway had Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey. Smith didn't even have a reception in the game. The Broncos were 12 point under dogs to the Packers.Terrell Davis ran for 3 TD's and a 153 yards and the defense "held" Favre and the Pack to 24 points.

See the 10,000 pound elephant in the room? That's right...OFFENSIVE LINE.

we don't even have a set line yet, not even one that's been set for even one full game.

Gee, I wonder what's wrong with Brady????:confused:

The game plans also haven't been very good by the coaches. That's another elephant in the room.

Holy hell is this thread funny.

LOL what's funny is that I know I've got some issues stemming from Monday night.

My wife keeps Law and Order reruns on all night. Some speech at the end of an episode was on. This lady was refusing to press for the death penalty so her control-freak husband would rot in jail, knowing he had no power, from what I can tell.

In my not-quite-awake state, she was BB's wife (maybe his ex, definitely not the blond superMILF we always see), and BB had just been on trial for deliberately getting Brady killed, or possibly for killing Brady's career...

law_and_order-11174-saved-by-the-bell-law-order-svu-and-more-in-the-best-t-v-spin-offs-to-happen.jpeg

DOINK DOINK

Why none of us questions the system that we stick to since Weiss was here. Apparently the cost of this system is overwhelming. Almost none WR can be adopted. Why can't another offensive mind come here and install new offense? Isn't Brady bright enough to work in different system that is not so complex? I know he is old and perhaps it's not good idea to do this in this point of his career, but sticking to it for some many years is questionable. Also they do nothing that takes opponents by surprise (a reverse od double revers once per while? :))

I don't know, Marian. It seems that the system has worked very well given few constants over many years. At present it is failing to produce. We're all observing a number of decrements, and they are interrelated. It is tempting to point to a single-point failure (for example, playcalling, Brady Decline, Mankins Departure/Other O-line insufficiency, whatever you want.)

Maybe you/somebody else can tell us how many new plays have been added to the offensive playbook over the years; "The system we stick to" was bombs away in 2007, dink and dunk in 2001, in between in 03 and o4, etc. At some point I heard something about zone blocking being added... serious question here, what are the common characteristics since Weiss' time that you mean by "the system"? I'm nobody's football genius, and more hoping to learn something than doubting you here.

He's 37, so saying that "boo hoo, this was a never a problem in the past" is kind of a dumb point to make.

The point is that when you reach your mid 30's, it's harder to carry a team. Again, look at Peyton's team; they're stacked, and Elway is willing to do some stuff to help out. Brett Favre's year at Minnesota had a loaded team.
Hell, Elway had some pretty solid teams I think during his super bowl winning years at Denver.

Mentioning that it's partially Brady's fault is like saying it's a crippled person's fault for falling down when no one gave him his crutches.

It's not a perfect analogy, but it works well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes