PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Young just nailed it (Brady doing more, with less help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really buying into this--at least not 100 percent. I agree that it's obviously on the coaches too, but what I saw was a comedy of errors....piss poor tackling, etc. I wonder if someone will count how many missed tackles we had?

Supa, it's happening. And I wish I was a reporter to ask bb these questions. Brady is a brand here and people love him. So you can't trade him right now. So what do you do? Give him a poor offense scheme. Don't have a d back him up. Don't give him his players to succeed. Taint his numbers. Its clear as day. Bb needs to get a reason to get rid of Tom and can't do it without a Bledsoe situation or "poor" production.

Supa, it's happening. And I wish I was a reporter to ask bb these questions. Brady is a brand here and people love him. So you can't trade him right now. So what do you do? Give him a poor offense scheme. Don't have a d back him up. Don't give him his players to succeed. Taint his numbers. Its clear as day. Bb needs to get a reason to get rid of Tom and can't do it without a Bledsoe situation or "poor" production.

No dude.

Just stop.

It's certainly possible. Notably, OTC has the Patriots with more than $10 million in space, too, which would be in line with Kraft, and the NFLPA has it with even more space. Here's Miguel's take:

http://patscap.com/

Oh, he has around 9 million as well? Well, my bad then. I could've sworn he mentioned about 7 million in a thread a week or two ago.

Funny that a guy who was hobbled and needed a walking cast in the days leading up to the game might struggle when the opponent was unleashing a furious pass rush against him, his TEs and first backup OL were all injured, and he lost his starting ORL early in the game?

Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. Your posts really are getting more ridiculous as you go on.

Yup... perfectly valid excuse for why he stunk it up against the Jets and Ravens in his next two playoff years with his weapons.

But hey you guys are right. Forget the defense, because that's not as important as Brady. Let's load up the offense again and get him WEAPONS baby! It worked out SO well before! We can't let that big bad Manning win all the stats. I mean this team is all about Brady. d%#*!@t Pats get him Megatron, Jamaal Charles and Demaryius Thomas because it's logical that a top 3 QB of all time needs all those guys to be good. I mean that totally makes sense! d%#*!@t Pats load him up! Go Brady's stats go!

Comical.

I'm not going to go conspiracy with you. I will note that Belichick cited Brady's contract situation as one of his reasons for drafting JAG when he should have been bringing in more offensive help for the present.

Yup... perfectly valid excuse for why he stunk it up against the Jets and Ravens in his next two playoff years with his weapons.

But hey you guys are right. Forget the defense, because that's not as important as Brady. Let's load up the offense again and get him WEAPONS baby! It worked out SO well before! We can't let that big bad Manning win all the stats. I mean this team is all about Brady. d%#*!@t Pats get him Megatron, Jamaal Charles and Demaryius Thomas because it's logical that a top 3 QB of all time needs all those guys to be good. I mean that totally makes sense! d%#*!@t Pats load him up! Go Brady's stats go!

Comical.

I pointed to the Super Bowl, because it's all that was needed to show how much of a joke your post was. The rest was meaningless after that.

ray lewis is a disgrace. he doesn't belong on tv.

bravo steve. at least someone will defend tom. too bad in the morning he's going to be **** on.

I think we're going to disagree on this one.

I definitely don't agree with the thought that we cannot trade Brady right now. I would have to guess that there are plenty of teams that would be more than happy to part with a 1st round pick (and probably another mid-rounder to boot), for the chance to have Tom Brady as their QB.

Why couldn't we trade Brady--aside from the fact that it'd be a dumb thing to do? Our QB isn't really the problem. His football intelligence alone is worth keeping him, as long as his arm is even average.

Or, he could've realized that Mallett sucks (at least in this system), and wanted to have another viable backup and possible QB for the future?

I don't think it's a conspiracy plan to purposely "ignore needs," if that's what you're saying.

Mallet does not suck in Madden and have 98 after TB retired. JK

I get the need for a QB but which QB can win with all the pressure coming from outside? Since 07 SB, the oline always had trouble holding the ground.

I think we're going to disagree on this one.

I definitely don't agree with the thought that we cannot trade Brady right now. I would have to guess that there are plenty of teams that would be more than happy to part with a 1st round pick (and probably another mid-rounder to boot), for the chance to have Tom Brady as their QB.

Why couldn't we trade Brady--aside from the fact that it'd be a dumb thing to do? Our QB isn't really the problem. His football intelligence alone is worth keeping him, as long as his arm is even average.

Supa just watch. Someone has already caught onto it. And more will as the weeks pass by

I pointed to your first one, because it's all that was needed to show how much of a joke your post was. The rest was meaningless after that.

I think I must have a very different definition of a top 3 all time QB than you do. To me a top 3 all time QB doesn't need WEAPUNZ!1!!1! to be really good. Maybe an ordinary QB does but I'd like to think Brady is a little better than that.

Anyway I'm done with this, my point is made. Good night.

Mallet does not suck in Madden and have 98 after TB retired. JK

I get the need for a QB but which QB can win with all the pressure coming from outside? Since 07 SB, the oline always had trouble holding the ground.

Yeah, the decision to trade Mankins this particular season seems odd to me.

Supposedly though, Scarnecchia handpicked the 3 draft choices on the OL--or at least had a hand in the selection/approval process.

I think I must have a very different definition of a top 3 all time QB than you do. To me a top 3 all time QB doesn't need WEAPUNZ!1!!1! to be really good. Maybe an ordinary QB does but I'd like to think Brady is a little better than that.

Anyway I'm done with this, my point is made. Good night.

If your point was that you didn't know what you were talking about, you certainly did make that point.

Congratulations!

Supa just watch. Someone has already caught onto it. And more will as the weeks pass by

I mean, if you're stating that Belichick still wants to remain the HC here and he doesn't wish to keep Brady, why wouldn't he simply trade Brady?

That would help the team, as he could have his choice of both draft picks and players.

Suggesting that he is purposely sabotaging the team (especially when he went out and resigned Edelman and brought in D. Revis) just seems like an odd conspiracy theory that wouldn't make much sense.

I mean, if you're stating that Belichick still wants to remain the HC here and he doesn't wish to keep Brady, why wouldn't he simply trade Brady?

That would help the team, as he could have his choice of both draft picks and players.

Suggesting that he is purposely sabotaging the team (especially when he went out and resigned Edelman and brought in D. Revis) just seems like an odd conspiracy theory that wouldn't make much sense.

I've heard the argument that BB knows that he can't simply trade Brady without there being a mass media fallout. So instead, he's screwed up the offense to the point that it will justify TB being dealt. Not sure how much water this theory holds, though.

If your point was that you didn't know what you were talking about, you certainly did make that point.

Congratulations!

Like I already said - you'r;e entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong.

Like I already said - you'r;e entitled to your opinion even if it's wrong.

You also already said you were leaving, so feel free to go be wrong somewhere else.. We can't miss you if you won't go away.

Yeah, the decision to trade Mankins this particular season seems odd to me.

Supposedly though, Scarnecchia handpicked the 3 draft choices on the OL--or at least had a hand in the selection/approval process.

one was cut so down to two. Just thought you have something to build on, Nate S the first round LT decides to play AWOL during games. IT just fking sucks.

Well this thread has gone off the rails.

I'm not going to go conspiracy with you. I will note that Belichick cited Brady's contract situation as one of his reasons for drafting JAG when he should have been bringing in more offensive help for the present.

It seems pretty clear, at this point, that the Pats were only going to carry two QBs. So that basically leaves three strategies:

(1) Draft a late-round pick, and hope to sneak him onto the PS and groom him for a year to be the backup.
(2) If there's a QB prospect they really like who's available when they pick, draft him, and if he pans out, send Mallett packing.
(3) Do neither, and be at square zero next offseason when Mallett inevitably walks.

I think everyone here can agree that door number 3 is a zonk.

It seems like you think door number 1 was the better option; I can't blame them, even one bit, for choosing door number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes