PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Tasker is the worst TV commentator the Patriots have ever dealt with

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was funny to see the commentators gushing over the Browns as an organization. It's the worst one in football

I unplugged the center speaker on my surround sound. Tasker suddenly disappeared from the sound and left me with a nice 4.1 mix of the stadium audio.

hey, neat idea. i should try it for the next game if i don't like the dbags :rocker:

I guess we should just be happy that we wasn't alluding to spygate every other snap.

He couldn't get any names right. Was obviously rooting for the Browns. Who calls him Ahmandola anyways?

At least there's no doubt the folks at NFL.com are anti-Patriots:

Week 14 had the wildest finishes you'll ever see - NFL.com

The Cleveland Browns scored a touchdown in Foxborough to go up 26-14 with only 2:39 to go. ... And they still lost. Thats hard to imagine. To pull off the comeback, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots first drove the ball 82 yards in 98 seconds. They wound up scoring two touchdowns in 30 seconds after recovering an onside kick, and getting a phantom pass interference call.

All of that was just a prelude to the real drama: Browns kicker Billy Cundiff coming up short on a 58-yard field goal as time expired. The kick was on target, causing the entire NFL newsroom to lose our collective minds before ultimate disappointment. For one second, we knew what it was like to be a Browns fan.

No neutral report like "questionable call" or "controversial call". And for them to admit to being disappointed in the outcome of the game... I don't know why I read NFL.com to begin with, but I assure you I'm done.

I thought it was hilarious how he kept mixing up all the white receivers. called Edelman Amendola on some pass plays, called amendola edelman, called Collie edelman

Actually I did turn off my volumn for like a Browns drive but it was SO AWESOME to see how Pats came back ans SHUT HIS AZZ UP!

Please don't shoot me but imagine Tommy Heinsohn calling Laker games. This was Tasker tonight.

I wasn't sure which game he was watching. What he was describing wasn't happening in the game.

I thought Lynch had it wrapped up for worst of the season. This was another level.

Truly the worst I've ever heard.

So many bad observations about ball spots, penalties, etc that were wrong.

1500 word explanation as to why the Patriots' chances of clinching the division today wasn't looking good. Seriously... Did anyone else hear that. I really thought the guy was drink.

Is it really good practice to "bat the ball put of bounds" on an onside kick? Lol.

We are used to the "better" announcers so when we are subject to the second and third wave, we are discerning enough to know the difference...

These are the types of teams that about 60% of the league is subject to.. having a winning team has its advantages...

Tasker is god awful...

Truly the worst I've ever heard.

So many bad observations about ball spots, penalties, etc that were wrong.

1500 word explanation as to why the Patriots' chances of clinching the division today wasn't looking good. Seriously... Did anyone else hear that. I really thought the guy was drink.

Is it really good practice to "bat the ball put of bounds" on an onside kick? Lol.

Are you talking about when he went off on a tangent about Balt and Miami being ahead and how that did not bode well for NE's playoff chances? That was surreal. It was like he realized the nonsense he was talking half way through but thought it would be better to just complete the rambling, ridiculous thought instead of just admitting that he was wrong.

Please don't shoot me but imagine Tommy Heinsohn calling Laker games. This was Tasker tonight.
Tommy Heinsohn does his broadcasting on a local network as opposed to ABC, TBS, ESPN or TNT. Your point is well-taken, however. Tasker today was the most obvious, blatant anti-Patriots announcer I've ever heard. And I've been watching network NFL football since the 60s.

Tommy Heinsohn does his broadcasting on a local network as opposed to ABC, TBS, ESPN or TNT. Your point is well-taken, however. Tasker today was the most obvious, blatant anti-Patriots announcer I've ever heard. And I've been watching network NFL football since the 60s.

Agreed, when the Pats recovered that onside kick he was practically trying to will Gost into touching that ball on replay. Like seriously begging for any scrap of video evidence when Gost played it absolutely perfectly.

I've been prone in the past to be pretty reactionary towards commentator remarks, and usually admit my mistake and recant once I have perspective. But the more removed I get from this game, the more I'm finding it unbelievable some of the stuff we heard today. Bias, absurd claims of good vs non-calls, butchering of the players' names, incoherent ramblings, getting fact after fact incorrect..

CBS should be ashamed of themselves for fielding such an incompetent, unprofessional duo to call that game.

At least there's no doubt the folks at NFL.com are anti-Patriots:

Week 14 had the wildest finishes you'll ever see - NFL.com

No neutral report like "questionable call" or "controversial call". And for them to admit to being disappointed in the outcome of the game... I don't know why I read NFL.com to begin with, but I assure you I'm done.
That article was written by Gregg Rosenthal, one of Florio's butt buddies. PFT will have a 5,000 word essay about the 'screwjob' by tomorrow night.

Are you talking about when he went off on a tangent about Balt and Miami being ahead and how that did not bode well for NE's playoff chances? That was surreal. It was like he realized the nonsense he was talking half way through but thought it would be better to just complete the rambling, ridiculous thought instead of just admitting that he was wrong.

Yes- that was the one I was thinking about.

I swear if he's Dierdork's replacement I may finally snap...

This guy was an enormous and erroneous buzzkill the entire game.

I mean, sure other guys can have their annoying quirks, but this is the first time a commentator has legitimately impacted my enjoyment of a game.

I thought it was hilarious how he kept mixing up all the white receivers. called Edelman Amendola on some pass plays, called amendola edelman, called Collie edelman

It was even worse because he never said Amendola, it was armin-dolah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back