PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Tasker is the worst TV commentator the Patriots have ever dealt with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Holy **** that guy was unbearable and deserves his own topic of hate.

That was also the worst play-by-play performance I've ever listened to in my life. Who is that clown? It's like he just learned football last night.

I was about to make a topic about him. He makes me long for Dan Dierdorf.

Worst f ucking piece of s hit on tv...best off putting it on mute.

That was also the worst play-by-play performance I've ever listened to in my life. Who is that clown? It's like he just learned football last night.

I assumed it was the Steve Tasker of the early 90s Buffalo Bills. Special teams player who made a name for himself chasing down Leon Lett and preventing yet another touchdown during one of the Cowboys-Bills Superbowl slaughters. The first one, I believe, in '92.

Awful for sure... if I have to hear 'Jordan Campbell' one more time...

I confess, I was out of necessity using "alternative media" to watch the game, and missed Tasker's comments about the PI call.. What did he say?

Tasker was a good special teams player for the Bills during the Kelly era.

horrible commentator though

What do you mean? Jordan Campbell caught a great TD pass and the Browns are 4 & 18 on the season...:rolleyes:

Holy **** that guy was unbearable and deserves his own topic of hate.

hey he had some good nuggets today, like how jordan cambel.. jordan cambel gets the most targets.. that jordan cambel is the best red zone target the browns have,

Looks like Devin mccourty is hurt.. *as you see mccourty checking on an injured teammate

This dude made dierdorf look like john madden

Tasker is a punch drunk ex-Bill. He has ALWAYS hated the Patriots.

They were both extremely bad...almost turned off the audio.

I confess, I was out of necessity using "alternative media" to watch the game, and missed Tasker's comments about the PI call.. What did he say?

Know for a fact he called it "horrible", pretty sure he threw in an "absolutely" or something as well in there.

Also, every time Brady threw it away he demanded it was intentional grounding. The one time the Browns got called for it, he said it was the wrong call. He then got noticeably giddy anytime the Browns moved the ball and sounded genuinely depressed when the Patriots progressed.

His first reaction to the amazing onside kick was "But wait, did it go 10 yards?! Did Gost touch it?!"

Basically he thought it was a horrible call given the situation. But it went far beyond that, it seemed like every call in favour of the Patriots he disagreed with, and every Browns call he sought to justify and approved of (they were hit and miss both ways as you saw). Plus just generally horrible play-calling all around.

The worst for me was him calling Gordon's hand being caught in Talib's facemask as he went to the ground "a good call". No one did anything because even the Browns that that one was coming back.

So who was it with Tasker in the booth?

Criqui? If so, it's time for him to retire. That was the worst play-by-play work I've ever heard in my life.

Tasker is a punch drunk ex-Bill. He has ALWAYS hated the Patriots.

Also you know he hates Belichick after Belichick basically told him to go f himself when he wanted an interview after the AFCC game last year.

Chriqui is laughably bad too. Every potential grounding call was an absolute adventure

So who was it with Tasker in the booth?

Don Criqui. He use to be the Patriots preseason game announcer for years until they ditched him and Randy Cross this year.

I assumed it was the Steve Tasker of the early 90s Buffalo Bills. Special teams player who made a name for himself chasing down Leon Lett and preventing yet another touchdown during one of the Cowboys-Bills Superbowl slaughters. The first one, I believe, in '92.

You're thinking of another speedy, white Buffalo WR: Don Beebe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots