PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Smith Cut. Sign him now

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Smith made Talib look like a jag. He's a true #1 & available right now. Sign him and give Brady a real weapon that commands attention from opposing Defenses.

I know Talib is a Bronco but 4 rec for 62 yards is making someone look like a jag?

I know Talib is a Bronco but 4 rec for 62 yards is making someone look like a jag?

But most of that production was before Talib went out from injury. The Pats did a better job containing him after Talib was injured.

Love to have Smith and he doesn't need to be a #1 here.

some say that could be a problem though

... they are not sure if he could handle being #2 or #3.

Stevs Smith is going to draw alot of attension away from Edelman I hope him and the Pats are still talking. I have a feeling Cleveland might jump in and offer alot of $$$$.

Rather Baltimore take him and we get Edelman back. But, if Edelman goes to Cleveland we should get him.

I have a good feeling about this.

He's gonna want one more BIG contract, and he's 35. The Pats are only 5 mill under the cap after Revis. I don't see this adding up. Plus Smith is a HORRIBLE teammate. NO THANKS.

Love to have Smith and he doesn't need to be a #1 here.

some say that could be a problem though

... they are not sure if he could handle being #2 or #3.

Put him in the slot. Don't care what # you assign to him, but throw him the ball 100+ times and watch his YAC.

I think he wants a ring, and wants to prove that he can still play at the highest level. Not sure money is the factor here, but RESPECT certainly is. I also think his work ethic, and Revis's work ethic + the intensity of both (and Brady) go a long way with the younger players.

Transformative on a team like the Pats.

Please, please, please.

He's gonna want one more BIG contract, and he's 35. The Pats are only 5 mill under the cap after Revis. I don't see this adding up. Plus Smith is a HORRIBLE teammate. NO THANKS.

Yeah he comes off to me like a money grubber too I woudn't give a 35 year old a Big contract.

I don't like making the argument often that, "player X wants a ring so he should go to a contender." But, Steve Smith is 35 and probably only has 1-2 good years left. He really should sign with the Seahawks, the Broncos to be Peyton's new BS 4th option, or the Pats if he wants any chance at a ring.

Smith is 34 years old a wants a Ring. He doesn't need the money and he is not a horrible teamate. He wants to play the slot. Works for me.

And who are the Carolina Panthers WR's now? It's pretty obvious where they are going in the Draft...WR.

Agreed on all counts, especially the last. I don't understand the Steve Smith lovefest going on here.

Read he is going make like $3m from the Panthers this season if they cut him. Offer him $3m which puts his his salary at $6m for the year.

13 Years on the same team... Horrible Teammate.....

Panthers are targeting Hakeem Nicks who is from Charlotte ( not that it matters)

Smith was due to make 7 mill this year

Not being sarcastic, why was he was a team captain for 5+ years if he's such a bad teammate?

13 Years on the same team... Horrible Teammate.....

Not being sarcastic, why was he was a team captain for 5+ years if he's such a bad teammate?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/712109-the-top-20-worst-teammates-in-nfl-history

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...t-steve-smith-seen-as-distraction-by-panthers

Steve Smith vs. The World «

Steve Smith vs. His Teammates

Let’s get this out of the way first: Steve Smith beat the crap out of three of his teammates. In 2002 he got in a fight with fellow receiver Guilian Gary. Later that same year, he broke the nose of another receiver, Anthony Bright, during a film session. He was charged with assault for that altercation. Five years later, he again broke a teammate’s nose; this time it was cornerback Ken Lucas.

The account of the Bright fight is pretty horrifying, with reports suggesting that Smith became enraged with Bright after the practice squad player asked for a play to be shown again, and then jumped him after the lights were turned out during a film session (“all hell broke loose”). Bright wound up suing Smith in 2004, claiming that the fight ruined his NFL career.

I don't like making the argument often that, "player X wants a ring so he should go to a contender." But, Steve Smith is 35 and probably only has 1-2 good years left. He really should sign with the Seahawks, the Broncos to be Peyton's new BS 4th option, or the Pats if he wants any chance at a ring.

So you're ranking us third favorite now?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back