Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steve Mcnair arrested for DUI as a passenger

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, May 10, 2007.

1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

That's one of the stupidest laws I've ever read.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Don't look now, but I believe we have the same laws on the books in Mass. I was stunned to learn recently that I could have been arrested as a passenger in a car my buddy was driving under the influence of marijuana. And I was sitting in the back seat, sober as a rock. In a way, I can sort of understand the law as it pertains to drunk driving. I'll bet McNair was smashed too, and that's why he had his brother-in-law driving HIS pickup.

I'd hate to be Goodell. He must feel like the principal in a special school for delinquent adolescents. I'll bet he flinches everytime the phone rings, fearing another league PR catastrophe on the other end of the line.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I can understand that drunk driving isn't a matter of boys being boys anymore and that the pendulum, in reversing itself, will tend to swing too far back the other way, but that law is asinine. The guy clearly screwed up in '03 and seemed to have learned from it. Now he might as well just go back to being a drunk driver.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I don't care how they try to legitimize it, how can you be arrested for "Driving Under the Influence" when you don't have to be driving or under the influence ?

Not Driving Not Under the Influence can equal Driving Under the Influence ? Is this some legal version of double negatives equaling a positive ?

Morons.