Welcome to PatsFans.com

Steve Jobs -- maybe not a great friend to the Left?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, Oct 21, 2011.

1. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

OT: thanks -- all of this is helpful in case I need to get a new phone and still an unhappy with price points for what I want in the iPhone.

2. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

NP Chico. That being said, price points for most new Android Devices (the ones worth getting anyway) arent much better.

For instance the Moto Droid Razr and Samsung Galaxy Nexus (dropping next month) are both $299 on contract - something like 650$ un-subsidized.

3. BSR

BSR In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -1

I think this getting into a debate of semantics. I call it overpaying, you call it something else. I think we both understand the overall point that many people don't buy the iphone because they know what they are paying for.

Moving onto you point about the value of your time. Come on...you couldn't sacrifice an hour of your time posting to my inane rants inorder to do some research and save yourself $100 to $300? Really? :)

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey, to each his own. If my needs were different, then I may very well have a different opinion. For example, I don't need a phone to function as an internet hub for a laptop.

For what my desires are, the iPhone is the clear winner. The iPhone 4 was worth every penny, but I have no problem admitting I wasted my money when I upgraded to the iPhone 4S.

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +431 / 8 / -4

:) I usually come here for bite-sized breaks

6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +464 / 12 / -14

Apple provides a good value proposition for their users. It is more expensive than a pc in terms of initial investment but may very well be cheaper over the lifespan of the product.

Jobs was a liberal and supported dem candidates AFAIK.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Dr. LSD to Steve Jobs: How was your trip? - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Jobs called his LSD experiences "one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life."

"[Jobs] was still thinking, 'Let's put it in the water supply and turn everybody on,'" recalls a disappointed Doblin, who says he still hasn't given up hope that Jobs will come around and contribute.

Don't you want somebody to love....