PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve DeOssie [8/24 Edit - FORMERLY of WBZ TV!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to WEEI's Jason Wolfe and he responded with a short and to the point response saying, "What are you talking about"? Seriously WTF, as if he hasn't even seen this yet. I am done with this station and any other show his fat face is on. Screw you DeOssie, you classless phuck.
He's lying. He knows about it because I e-mailed him about it yesterday around dinner time and he responded. There's a "good ol' boy" fraternity among these media guys even if they're on competing stations. Every effort will be made to sweep this one under the rug. I just watched CSN's "Sports Central" and there was no mention of it. If it isn't cited today on TV or radio, we'll know the full court suppression will be on. Hey, I understand emotional responses to things, especially when they involve family. But, I defy anyone who watches that to honestly tell me he didn't go way, way past the line, given his multiple roles in the local media scene. I'm not letting up on this one.

I watched the video. Isn't he paid to be an analyst and not a fan? I am not thrilled by the video but the guy is a decent analyst and I think calling for his head is a little severe. Plus all of us know he is a Giant at heart considering that is where he played most of his career.

Of course he is going to be rooting for his sons team. Family comes first. Hell if my son played for the jets and they were playing for the pats I would have to root for the jets.

I have zero problem with him pulling for his son. He should. I have zero problem with him being proud of his son. I have zero problem with him being happy with the fact that he and his son have this shared experience.

I do have a problem with the fact that he pretends to be a "Patriot" guy, collecting checks, while clearly he'd rather be in NY. Just end the charade and go work in NY. It just seems ingenuous.

I watched the video. Isn't he paid to be an analyst and not a fan? I am not thrilled by the video but the guy is a decent analyst and I think calling for his head is a little severe. Plus all of us know he is a Giant at heart considering that is where he played most of his career.

Of course he is going to be rooting for his sons team. Family comes first. Hell if my son played for the jets and they were playing for the pats I would have to root for the jets.
he needs to start doing giants shows. hes a fraud and a phony and he needs to go.

He can cheer for his son all he wants. He had two responsibilities here and he crossed the line. I have no problem with him attending but he blew it when he started being a mascot. He's dead to me. Good analyst or not. What a dumb@$$.

Oh, boy.

PR disaster.

It's going to be difficult for him to earn a paycheck in the region where he works and lives. He is a very good analyst, though.

And he's right on about Brady not getting it done with the fearsome Giants passrush.

What fearsome Giants pass rush?

I fully expected him to be rooting for his son and the Giants. If he didn't, I'd have a larger problem with him. That performance had little to do with his son or the Giants. No one watching that clip could be so obtuse as to not read loud and clear some serious anti-Patriots vitriol. My point is, he's a hypocrite and a fraud. All season on WBZ Gameday, on WEEI and on Comcast he is overly-supportive of the Patriots. Yes, overly-supportive giving them credit they sometimes don't deserve, and then goes on a public rant that is far more anti-Patriot than pro-Giant.

Last edited:
I fully expected him to be rooting for his son and the Giants. If he didn't, I'd have a larger problem with him. That performance had little to do with his son or the Giants. No one watching that clip could be so obtuse as to not read loud and clear some serious anti-Patriots vitriol. My point is, he's a hypocrite and a fraud. All season on WBZ Gameday, on WEEI and on Comcast is is overly-supportive of the Patriots. Yes, overly-supportive giving them credit they sometimes don't deserve, and then goes on a public rant that is far more anti-Patriot than pro-Giant.

Spot on. I think that the people at WEEI, CSNNE, WBZ-TV, etc., etc. want to believe this thing will just die down and fade away. We can't let this happen.

Maybe Smerlas is secretly Pro-Bills as well :)

Smerlas does a Bills show out of Rochester every Thursday night. I'm sure he's a Bills fan as well and keeps tabs on the Bills, but because the Bills have been bad for so long, he's never been conflicted about rooting for one or the other team.

Nonetheless, I'm sure he totally annoys Bills fans because in part of every show, he lauds how the Patriots do things, and you can tell he's a Pats fan when he does this. All his asides are about the Patriots, and his metaphors too. It makes me wonder how Bills fans can stand him.

Side note: We just lack passion and fire as a team. Watching how much passion he had for the Pats... We lost that. We used to have players who took on that mantle of pumping up the team. Only Brady speaks up on that team and the inability for anyone else to become a leader shows on the lack of intensity on that team.

McGinnest types are sorely missing, and DeOssies passion during that reminds me of just how little leadership exists on the Patriots sidelines... Compared to the Championships years.

Because they don't yell in public and talk trash at pep rallies? Really? The defense is young, but you really think guys like Mayo, Ninkovich, Wilfork and Spikes lack passion? Chung seems ready to hit. McCourty needs to mature a bit.

Even more than anti-Patriot it seemed anti-Patriot fan also.
When he is motioning with his hand while the guy is telling him this will be on YouTube it seemed to me he was motioning, F those losers, I couldn't give a bleep what they think.

Let's unburden him from his "struggle".

Good luck getting anywhere with Wolfe. I have e-mailed several times regarding on-air issues and he always poo-poos them. It is incredible what he claims to not know about. You could e-mail him the video directly and he'd say he never got your e-mail...even though the link/code to the video would be embedded in the reply. He's a chump.

Good luck getting anywhere with Wolfe. I have e-mailed several times regarding on-air issues and he always poo-poos them. It is incredible what he claims to not know about. You could e-mail him the video directly and he'd say he never got your e-mail...even though the link/code to the video would be embedded in the reply. He's a chump.
I've had similar experiences with him. There seems to be an institutional smugness and arrogance at WEEI that one would think might have disappeared since 98.5 came around, but it still seems like it's there.

I'll be interested to see if Felger picks up on this today at 98.5.

Dear Steve:

Sincerity is a hard thing to fake. So is sobriety. Good luck living off your NFL pension.

Sincerely,

Patsfans

we need a email for felger to make sure he knows about it.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing Felger and DeOssie are "media frat brothers", even though they're on competing stations. I'll be surprised, unless it's referred to in a positive way.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm guessing Felger and DeOssie are "media frat brothers", even though they're on competing stations. I'll be surprised, unless it's referred to in a positive way.

I'm no Felger fan, but the difference is that Felger does not fake being a fan. DeOssie is a POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back