PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steve Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this guy ? i find him quote annoying. He seems to bring nothing to the table except stating the obvious and jerking his body to provide the effect.

Last edited:
What do you guys think about this guy ? i find him quote annoying. He seems to bring nothing to the table except stating the obvious and jerking his body to provide the effect.

Is he the guy that just did the interview with Koppen?

I didn't see his interview, but in what I've seen of him, he not only states the obvious, but he goes to extreme in his praise of the Pats.

It's clear that the on-air chemistry between him and Lobel is totally nonexistent. You can tell that Lobel hates him.

He seems like a nice enough guy, but he doesn't provide any insight into the games. His father was a great player though.

Burton is alreight, hes a lot better than Lobel IMO. But, I dont liek him as much anymore because he ran to break the story of Phil Kessel on the Bruins having cancer, when he had been asked by Kessel and the family to give them some time and space before Phil was ready to do it. I remember his dad was ripsh*t about it. He also worships the ground Jose Canseco walks on, one of these reporters who tries to hang out and be friends with the jocks.

I did happen to catch Burton on EEI yesterday with Lou Merloni, and Jose Canseco. There was a former MLB Umpire that called in later, and between he and Merloni, it was probably the most fascinating segment of radio I've ever heard on EEI.

Don't know how much Burton added to that, but he was the one tossing the questions out.

"How big was this thread for you guys right now?"

I think Burton is an average sports fan masquerading as a sport reporter.

I think alot of people on this board could do what he does.

He grew up the son of a Patriots player, so it's not surprising he tends to be a "player's reporter". I have always felt Channel 4 encouraged it because that gave him better access to players, getting interviews which reporters who ask all tough questions don't get. That's his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes