PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stevan Ridley's role

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0nSY

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Should the Patriots reduce Stevan Ridley's role? and more important: What will Bill Bellichik do? .

What good is reducing his role going to do? He's been our best back all year.

Now's the time to let him get his confidence back, not hurt it.

The patriots should just ride the horse that got them this far. Teams obviously respect his running his abilities enough to fall for the playaction.

Now's the time to let him get his confidence back, not hurt it.

Good point. IMO He's made an incredible season this year and he's a second year runningback yet.

Let him keep playing. He hasn't been consistent at all this season, but that can be helped with reps to keep his confidence up.

3.8 ypc the second half of the season..

The fumble that was caused by a helmet, that is pretty hard to avoid. Crap happens sometimes. I still like Ridley a lot.

He needs to focus on not fumbling however.

I assume that Bolden will be sharing more of the load. It might be all of the backs splitting time, which might be a good thing.

Last edited:
A classic case of "It is what it is."

Law Firm spoiled us with zero fumbles but Ridley is, IMO, a better back.

Ridley fumbles no doubt about as often as an average RB, but more often than a great one like AP.

We either "take the good with the bad" or we wait until we find perfection...i.e., forever.

Ridley fumbles no doubt about as often as an average RB, but more often than a great one like AP.

We either "take the good with the bad" or we wait until we find perfection...i.e., forever.

I'm so afraid bill will bench him in the playoffs if he fumbles again before the season ends.

Give him 50 carries in the next two games, to see if he can handle it without fumbling.

I'm so afraid bill will bench him in the playoffs if he fumbles again before the season ends.

He can't fumble again and I'm pretty sure he won't.

I'm on the "Give him the ball so he can get his confidence back" side of the vote. He's the best we've got and one of the better backs in the league. And didn't Adrian Peterson have fumble problems his first few years? Not saying Ridley is Peterson, but he was able to correct his issues and Ridley will also. Now is the time to show him you have faith in him correcting his problem.

He's been mediocre the past few games...

He's been mediocre the past few games...

Ummm..he's been up against Houston and San Francisco defenses. Not exactly lightweights. Maybe it hasw something to do with the OL?

Just a thought. :cool:

Are you serious? He is arguably our best back and has the most experience besides woodhead. this is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to a game where he fumbled in the pouring rain.

He will. Honestly, I would not doubt if this is the last we see of him this year. Same with Vereen. I bet he gave those guys hell for the fumbles. There is no way Bill trusts them in a big game. Zero trust.

That's kinda funny that you chose to use AP as an example of a non fumbler since fumbling was what he was known for early in his career.

Fumbles are going to happen its a hazard of the job. The Texans fumble possibly could have been avoided but a helmet put perfectly on the ball IMO should be chalked up to bad luck.

This is a massive over reaction - Check the stats, most of the effective RB's in the league have 3 or 4 fumbles this year. RB's fumble. It happens. Often it can't be helped, sometimes it can. If Ridley was carrying the ball carelessly, he should be taken to task. But if he was doing all that he physically could not to fumble, then we should live with it, not persecute the kid.

I doubt BB is dumb enough to sit him down. He will get his reps and be the most successful Pats RB since Corry Dillon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes