Stevan Ridley Needs a Little Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Stevan Ridley Needs a Little Help
By: Ian Logue

For any fans who follow Stevan Ridley on Facebook, the rookie is looking for a little advice for when he finally gets to put on a Jersey with his new football team....

I commented on the poll, and Ian's article, but #20 is retired! It's Gino's number!

It's annoyed me a little that he didn't look at the retired numbers!

I commented on the poll, and Ian's article, but #20 is retired! It's Gino's number!

It's annoyed me a little that he didn't look at the retired numbers!

Number 20 is winning the poll.

Number 20 is winning the poll.

I know, but as soon as I saw, I thought 'I am sure that is retired' and then googled it!

Love it if he says 'Coach, can I have #20?'

'No, shut up!'

With Sammy Morris likely gone, him and Vereen can fight over #34!

Hate Having numbers retired.

Always thought players should have their jerseys hung from the stadium or something like that.

20 and 40 are retired, and I thought 37 was unofficially retired. 45 isn't a sexy number, but if it's the only one left...

I voted for 45. I don't think that 37 should be retired, but I don't want to see anyone else wearing it just yet, either. I've always thought that retiring jersey numbers should be a very, very rare thing. Like, you retire 12 when Brady's done, but that would be the only slam-dunk from this whole era.

Last edited:
Why complain about the numbers Ridley's thinking about using. Read the article, these are the numbers he was told to pick. He's been here less than a week, don't expect him to know everything from day 1.. Cheese..

Im friends with him on facebook and under his employer he has the Colts. I guess he had it set up that way since college. He needs to change that in a hurry.

Why complain about the numbers Ridley's thinking about using. Read the article, these are the numbers he was told to pick. He's been here less than a week, don't expect him to know everything from day 1.. Cheese..

I have him on facebook, and he doesn't say this is what he was told to choose from, it is what he see's available after looking at the current roster, not what he was told to pick!

HELP ME PICK MY NEW JERSEY #!!! according to the pats roster, these are the jerseys #s i can choose from... vote for the 1 u think i should pick!!

Whichever number is the tightest, obviously.

Is that poster still around?

I don't think he was told to pick from those numbers (I think he just looked at the roster and picked a few unused ones), but I'm with you on the rest of the post. Why would he know which Pats #s are retired? I don't even really expect that he'd know that Rodney wore 37.

Hmm He'll probably end up with #45. I don't think it's right for a RB to wear a safety's number. That's kinda weird.

Dowling will probably take Taylor's 21, Vereen will probably take Morris's 34, so Ridley will most likely either get Page's 44 if he isn't re-signed or the 45 if he is (or if he wants it).

Ridley is going to need help making the team. I still can't believe BB wasted a 3rd round pick on this kid.
Could have signed him after he went undrafted. :rolleyes:

Al Davis voted and chose "whatever number is most aerodynamic" to help Ridley's speed.

He can't pick 45! That was O-T-I-S! You can't just step in and take a legends number! It's too soon man . . too soon.

He can't pick 45! That was O-T-I-S! You can't just step in and take a legends number! It's too soon man . . too soon.

If that was the case, no-one would be wearing numbers, or they would be 3 digits :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes