Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
For what it's worth, which ain't much: On NFL Total Access tonight, Sterling Sharpe analyzed the AFC East for 2006 and concluded that Miami will edge out the Patriots for the division title. One interesting point he made was that the Dolphin secondary will have several versatile "safety types" geared specifically to counter the Patriots' multiple tight-end threat.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. It's wrong, but he's still entitled to have it.

Tunescribe said:
For what it's worth, which ain't much: On NFL Total Access tonight, Sterling Sharpe analyzed the AFC East for 2006 and concluded that Miami will edge out the Patriots for the division title. One interesting point he made was that the Dolphin secondary will have several versatile "safety types" geared specifically to counter the Patriots' multiple tight-end threat.

I am afraid Sterling Sharpe is showing the effect of suffering one concussion too many. :D

Tunescribe said:

Does he seriously think TE's are the Pats only weapons. This team has had so much success because they take what the defence gives them. If they take away the TE's, the Pats will run the ball, go to the WR. Or run screens. The Pats have been so unbeatable because they do not have to play one certain way to win. They adapt to the current situation to get the job done.

What's Sharpe's prediction if Harrington is Miami's starting QB?

...a little early there Sterling, don't ya think? :)

Did Sterling delve into the Pats almost beating Miami's starters with their 2nd and 3rd stringers?

The man does have a point...

Actually he doesn't but I know this post will get a few people all bent out of shape. :D

He's a pretty sharpe fellow, he could be wright.

i do not think that Miami will win the Afc East but i think they are surely better then last year

but i think we should handle the Division and win it

Miami has gotten better, but his offense is now so versatile and unpredictable, they can key on the TE's all they want to, but our receiver corps is something to be reckoned with.. I do not understand his rational for his prediction.

GJAJ15 said:
Miami has gotten better, but his offense is now so versatile and unpredictable, they can key on the TE's all they want to, but our receiver corps is something to be reckoned with.. I do not understand his rational for his prediction.

It's very rational for someone who's mouth is four times larger then his brain! Sterling never has been all that Sharpe, because he always has had problems engaging his brain in gear prior to starting his mouth. He's not a keen analyst.

;)

Tunescribe said:

Sterling is one of the most reasonable, intelligent, well-read, eloquent and just downright knowledgeable NFL analysts in the civilized world. If he said it, the Pats might as well just mail it in for the season because it will come true! ;)

patsox23 said:
Did Sterling delve into the Pats almost beating Miami's starters with their 2nd and 3rd stringers?

No, nor did he mention how the Pats squeeked by the Phins earlier in the season when Miami had first and goal at the 5 with a minute left but didn't get it in.

Notso Sharpe...........

Seems to me the Phins have a dysfunctional mess going on down there...The Ricky implosion, Culpepper, Vick...They are becoming the Raiders of the east.

What he fails to mention is that the Dolphins secondary is much weaker at the CB spot than they have been for years.

The problem that Brady always had with the Dolphins defense was Madison and Surtain, who are now both on other teams, and were Pro Bowl caliber players for years. These were the guys that gave Brady fits, who combined with a good edge pass rush from Taylor, created a tough passing situation for the short passing game of the Patriots.

Until the Phins prove to have capable replacements for Surtain and Madison I say things have gotten easier for the Patriots passing game, not harder.

I just don't get the Miami hype. Their defense is old, their OL still sucks and their WRs outside of Chambers are garbage.

Face it this guy hates the Pats. Make sure we have his email well remind him at Playoff time

Sharpe seems to not like the Pats. Can't recall him picking the Pats in any big games. I think the Pats will repeat in the East. That said, the fins showed great improvement last year and I think they've improved themselves in the off season. I think they'll be pretty good and will keep the East interesting. I also think the 2nd place team in the East has a great shot at a wildcard spot.

Box_O_Rocks said:
He's a pretty sharpe fellow, he could be wright.

A little corny there Box. :D

Theres your lack of respect,anybody over the Pats..doesnt matter they have serious QB problems.Dolphins dont stand a chance...5-11 hear me now believe me later

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes