Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sterling Moore

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RayClay, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +776 / 6 / -10

#75 Jersey

Funny, but I read some stuff about him as we picked him up for the practice squad right after we played Oakland (I think) and there seemed to be some regrets form their team or fans about losing him.

Anyway, I remember thinking it seems like we got a live one here, but didn't think much of it since they had Adams gone and back, then picked up that Marshmallow Marcus Harrison for the line.

Lo and behold, Harrison's gone, so is Adams, and Moore is on the squad. Probably for special teams at first, he's supposed to be fast, but i just have a feeling, though I can't remember exactly what positive opinions I read.

Thoughts? The new Kyle Arrington perhaps?

2. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +776 / 6 / -10

#75 Jersey

Just got a feeling...

Sterling Moore, Oakland Raider UDRFA Shines In Oakland (Video) - Silver And Black Pride

Raiders Release Sterling Moore - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Longshot Sterling Moore looks like a dark horse - SFGate

I'm really not cherry picking, these articles are on the first google page. Seems like a competitor at least, which is a Patriots trait and pretty much the opposite of what was said about Marcus Harrison.

3. AƟƟynormal

AƟƟynormal PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0

I knew nothing about him.

I just found some stuff, he comes from SMU and is 21 years old.

That's it. LOL. Who is he and what's he doing on MY team?

Oh, he's apparently from the Bay area and has speed (as in: foot).

He's listed as a Safety on some websites.

Oakland Raiders: Let Sterling Moore Start Against the 49ers - Silver And Black Pride

This is a IBBWT situation from my point of view. An additional Arrington (for free) would be lovely.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  4. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +776 / 6 / -10

#75 Jersey

There isn't much to know, although there's a grainy SMU highlight film with the predictably awful song for a soundtrack.

Bottom line to me is he's an UDFA like many, but the comments of people about him and his own comments (working with a WR after practice, kneeling next to the coach "put me in", constantly confident, talking about improving). I just have a feeling.

If there's one common denominator of Patriots with "potential" who were cut is, they made the same mistakes, they didn't improve, talked a good game etc.

He's obviously got adequate size, speed, if he indeed has a great attitude, confidence and desire to improve, who knows?

Let's just say, binky, sight unseen due to my spider sense.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  5. AƟƟynormal

AƟƟynormal PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0

He'll get a shot at Safety here.

We're promoting him really quickly, I wonder if a STeamer or a Safety is quietly dinged.

6. The Scrizz

The Scrizz 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -2

#11 Jersey

Quietly dinged? How about sucking out loud? God I would literally kill someone for some speed and ball skills at safety. Any volunteers?

7. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Raiders fans like him. He apparently outperformed the Raiders CB draft picks Checkwa and the other one but was cut due to his ceiling.

8. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 4 / -1

#61 Jersey

I have always considered the Raiders to be an excellent farm team for the Patriots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.