PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Funny, but I read some stuff about him as we picked him up for the practice squad right after we played Oakland (I think) and there seemed to be some regrets form their team or fans about losing him.

Anyway, I remember thinking it seems like we got a live one here, but didn't think much of it since they had Adams gone and back, then picked up that Marshmallow Marcus Harrison for the line.

Lo and behold, Harrison's gone, so is Adams, and Moore is on the squad. Probably for special teams at first, he's supposed to be fast, but i just have a feeling, though I can't remember exactly what positive opinions I read.

Thoughts? The new Kyle Arrington perhaps?

Just got a feeling...

Sterling Moore, Oakland Raider UDRFA Shines In Oakland (Video) - Silver And Black Pride

Raiders Release Sterling Moore - Just Blog Baby - An Oakland Raiders Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Con: He's competing at cornerback, a position in which the Raiders have invested four draft choices the past two years.

"He competes. He's tough. He's not afraid," coach Hue Jackson said. "He hasn't played a ton, but he's a guy I think that we have to give a chance and see what he can do."

Moore made the most of his limited role Thursday, stacking up back-to-back attention-grabbing plays during one fourth-quarter series. On the first, he showed nice hips on his break and good ball skills to deflect an attempted out route to Chansi Stuckey. On the next, he flashed untouched off the edge to sack Richard Bartel from his blind side.

"I sure hope I'm starting to make an impression," Moore said. "That's my mentality every time I come out here: Try to make plays and hope they like what I'm doing on the field."

Longshot Sterling Moore looks like a dark horse - SFGate

I'm really not cherry picking, these articles are on the first google page. Seems like a competitor at least, which is a Patriots trait and pretty much the opposite of what was said about Marcus Harrison.

I knew nothing about him.

I just found some stuff, he comes from SMU and is 21 years old.

That's it. LOL. Who is he and what's he doing on MY team?

Oh, he's apparently from the Bay area and has speed (as in: foot).

He's listed as a Safety on some websites.

Oakland Raiders: Let Sterling Moore Start Against the 49ers - Silver And Black Pride

This is a IBBWT situation from my point of view. An additional Arrington (for free) would be lovely.

Last edited:
I knew nothing about him.

I just found some stuff, he comes from SMU and is 21 years old.

That's it. LOL. Who is he and what's he doing on MY team?

Oh, he's apparently from the Bay area and has speed (as in: foot).

He's listed as a Safety on some websites.

Oakland Raiders: Let Sterling Moore Start Against the 49ers - Silver And Black Pride

This is a IBBWT situation from my point of view. An additional Arrington (for free) would be lovely.

There isn't much to know, although there's a grainy SMU highlight film with the predictably awful song for a soundtrack.

Bottom line to me is he's an UDFA like many, but the comments of people about him and his own comments (working with a WR after practice, kneeling next to the coach "put me in", constantly confident, talking about improving). I just have a feeling.

If there's one common denominator of Patriots with "potential" who were cut is, they made the same mistakes, they didn't improve, talked a good game etc.

He's obviously got adequate size, speed, if he indeed has a great attitude, confidence and desire to improve, who knows?

Let's just say, binky, sight unseen due to my spider sense.

Last edited:
He'll get a shot at Safety here.

We're promoting him really quickly, I wonder if a STeamer or a Safety is quietly dinged.

He'll get a shot at Safety here.

We're promoting him really quickly, I wonder if a STeamer or a Safety is quietly dinged.

Quietly dinged? How about sucking out loud? God I would literally kill someone for some speed and ball skills at safety. Any volunteers?

Raiders fans like him. He apparently outperformed the Raiders CB draft picks Checkwa and the other one but was cut due to his ceiling.

I have always considered the Raiders to be an excellent farm team for the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots