PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Moore voted NFL Rookie of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if this kid's a stahtah?

What if this kid's the futcha?

Last edited:
And yet they cut him from their practice squad. Go figure. :confused2:

Anyway...as much as BB has earned the "in BB we trust" mantra, when this whole board says "what on EARTH??" about a decision, we're often* on to something. The thread when Moore was cut a few weeks ago was a "what on EARTH??" extravaganza. So congrats to Moore on his breakout game, and a little pat on the back to the PatsFans community for wanting him -- even when the Patriots didn't. :)

*often, not always. cf. the "cut matt cassel" brigade of '08.

Antwan Molden should not be on the field if this guy is on this roster,A blind man can see he is a better fit for this secondary while Molden should only be here for emergency depth IMO.

Antwan Molden should not be on the field if this guy is on this roster,A blind man can see he is a better fit for this secondary while Molden should only be here for emergency depth IMO.

I'm hoping Molden becomes Stephon Gilmore between rounds 2-3 in this upcoming draft if we go front 7 early this year.

And yet they cut him from their practice squad. Go figure. :confused2:

Anyway...as much as BB has earned the "in BB we trust" mantra, when this whole board says "what on EARTH??" about a decision, we're often* on to something. The thread when Moore was cut a few weeks ago was a "what on EARTH??" extravaganza.

Well, What on Earth or any of the other planets in the solar system is not quite what I said

Last edited:
Awesome! Now who is Sterling Moore again? :D

I'm at a bar here south of Tamper Florider sitting with geezer Patriots fans watching the Pats-Phins and the old guys lament, "But I don't know who any of these guys are!"

Moore looked a lot better at corner than safety like he was playing earlier in the year. I hope he sticks with the team. I prefer him over Molden.

He's pretty aggressive, which makes me think it's only a matter of time before they'll burn him to a crisp with double moves. But assuming we get a decent safety to pair with Chung, he could be a good player for us.

He was our best CB in the last game. Will be interesting to see if/how he is used in the playoffs. In zone coverage at least I expect to see McCourty back at CB. I'd have Edelman in the slot and Moore on the other side as these are our most athletic DBs to my eyes. But I expect to see Arrington and Moldin, perhaps with a short leash. I still expect to see Chung and Ihedigbo at S.

Moore looked a lot better at corner than safety like he was playing earlier in the year. I hope he sticks with the team. I prefer him over Molden.

He's pretty aggressive, which makes me think it's only a matter of time before they'll burn him to a crisp with double moves. But assuming we get a decent safety to pair with Chung, he could be a good player for us.

Already happened. He got spun around like a ballerina against the Colts. Gave up a touchdown. Very embarrassing.

I'm glad he turned things around, though. He definitely has a place in the NFL, and I'd love to see what he can do here with a full offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes