PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Moore Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't remind me.

This is the thing. I'll cut Dowling some slack b/c he had buzzard's luck with the injuries. He needs to stay healthy- period.

The problem is that when he has been out there, his play has been very erratic. Needs to be way more consistient.

At this point he is a bubble guy for those two reasons...

You may want to reconsider this now that Arrington is back in the slot where he belongs. Since his demotion after the PI on the first drive against the Colts, he's been pretty good.

This.

He's never been a great outside the numbers guy. Guy is superb in the slot.

Hey, I don't understand the problem. When you are on the PS and other team offers you a chance to be on the 53 man roster......you GO! Plain and simple.

Moore was a good role player. He's a perfect example of the maxim: "more is less". The longer he was on the field more he became exposed. In small doses however he could be effective.

Best of luck to him. You can never not root for a "try hard" guy, who was making the most of his talents and opportunities and THAT describes Sterling Moore.

Such a shame. Those instincts and hard hitting abilities are rare in a CB; unfortunately they were placed in an FCS caliber athlete. (5'9 4.55 forty won't cut it as an NFL CB)

I wish him luck and hope we draft Mathieu late to take his place.

Imagined how happy we'd all be if he pick 6's the Gmen and bounces them from the playoffs.

C'mon cowgirls!

It won't be this season unless they meet in the post season. They've already played twice.

Looking at next season we will likely retain Talib as long as he continues to play well and behave, Dowling will be back, Dennard 2nd season and likely add a CB or SS in the early rounds of the draft.

I do hope that Talib works out. Wasting a 4th, a 5th, and a 6th in one draft doesn't seem to be too favorable.

I do think that he'll need to prove himself here though, as his asking price may very well end up being something around 7 million per considering that he was a 1st round pick and has played well enough to earn what many of the other CBs in the league are earning.

I could see Talib being what Bodden's pact was supposed to be, which was a fair market value deal for both sides. The only difference in this situation is that you'd have to consider a bit of inflation which is how I reached the 7 million per year number.

If Talib doesn't prove himself enough, then they may have a hard time reaching a deal as Belichick isn't going to want to pay him what he is looking for. Hell, even if he does prove himself they may have a hard time reaching a deal.

I do hope that Talib works out. Wasting a 4th, a 5th, and a 6th in one draft doesn't seem to be too favorable.

I do think that he'll need to prove himself here though, as his asking price may very well end up being something around 7 million per considering that he was a 1st round pick and has played well enough to earn what many of the other CBs in the league are earning.

I could see Talib being what Bodden's pact was supposed to be, which was a fair market value deal for both sides. The only difference in this situation is that you'd have to consider a bit of inflation which is how I reached the 7 million per year number.

If Talib doesn't prove himself enough, then they may have a hard time reaching a deal as Belichick isn't going to want to pay him what he is looking for. Hell, even if he does prove himself they may have a hard time reaching a deal.

If he doesn't prove himself here, there will be no offer.

If he is asking for a $7m annually, he won't get a response from the Pats FO.

If he is asking for a $7m annually, he won't get a response from the Pats FO.

While it is certainly debatable, I feel that you may be undervaluing the market value of CBs in this league.

There have been a seriously high number of CBs in the past that have driven up the average fair market price for the position.

Most felt that Arrington would demand around 6-7 million per prior to the start of this season (obviously he won't get that now but I'm talking prior to the 2012 season), and not only hasn't he played nearly as well as Talib has on a more consistent level throughout his career, he was not taken in the first round of the draft.

Leigh Bodden was making almost 6 million per year on average and that was signed in 2009, not 2013.

I would see Talib's deal being somewhere in the range of Bodden's.

Last edited:
I would have rather seen Arrington cut and Moore promoted to be our slot or dime corner. I'm sad to see him go and wish him the best, even though Dallas and the Cowboys are hot garbage.

I would have rather seen Arrington cut and Moore promoted to be our slot or dime corner. I'm sad to see him go and wish him the best, even though Dallas and the Cowboys are hot garbage.

I think that Arrington has been playing better of late, as he has moved to his more natural position of slot CB. Many have noticed the change, and we can only hope that it continues.

Hopefully guys like Dennard improve with another year, Talib gets the system, and we select another S/CB in the draft and shore it up in free agency. I absolutely love DMcC at safety here, and I think he has the potential to be special all over again. Obviously I haven't felt that way since his first yr in 2010.

I think that Arrington has been playing better of late, as he has moved to his more natural position of slot CB. Many have noticed the change, and we can only hope that it continues.
And the numbers are really impressive. Excluding the first Colts drive (he started as the #2, was moved to the slot after that), he's given up 1 of the 9 passes his direction for 9 yards over the last two games, according to this guy.

And the numbers are really impressive. Excluding the first Colts drive (he started as the #2, was moved to the slot after that), he's given up 1 of the 9 passes his direction for 9 yards over the last two games, according to this guy.

Wow, if true that is beyond impressive.

So what would the reaction be around here if he left for the Ravens, Broncos or another team we may face in the playoffs. ;)

Exactly, you'd get a lot of responses along these lines....

"He sucks. There's a reason we cut him. In BB we trust."

So what would the reaction be around here if he left for the Ravens, Broncos or another team we may face in the playoffs. ;)

"New England knows who to target."

I'll never understand the revolving hate club around here. Arrington was only a starting corner because our big free agent find got hurt and our established second rounder was outplayed by a rookie and then sucked so bad we needed to try anyone.

He must never be forgiven for holding the position together, including a 7 int season, so that we could make another trip to the super Bowl (or am I mistaken to think we had a couple problems in the secondary in 2011)?

Nevertheless, he didn't turn into a combination of Michael Haynes and Champ Bailey, so he must be burned at the stake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back