PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sterling Moore Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He went to college in Dallas, so I'm assuming that was a big draw. Not much you can do to keep a guy around when he's offered a job in a place that he's very familiar with.

Best of luck to Sterling Moore. I'm actually sad to see him go. I'll always remember the play on Lee Evans.

I wish him well. He worked very hard and made some good plays when we were really stinko.

Hopefully we won't miss him, but you can't blame a guy for trying to further his career, nobody handed him anything.

Without Moore the Ravens would have been 2011 AFC Champions

Without Moore this year vs Denver we might have lost that game if Moore doesn't punch that ball out of Thomas's hands in the first quarter on that long Manning Pass destined for an easy TD.

Moore made some nice plays for us and I wish him well.

BTW: Moore with a bad game is still better than Arrington.

The Cowboys have a fine backup CB

Good for Moore, glad he caught on somewhere. Hope he has a lot of success in Dallas.

BTW: Moore with a bad game is still better than Arrington.
You may want to reconsider this now that Arrington is back in the slot where he belongs. Since his demotion after the PI on the first drive against the Colts, he's been pretty good.

Good for him. He deserves to be on a roster somewhere.

Glad for Moore, I hope he has a long and successful career.

So what would the reaction be around here if he left for the Ravens, Broncos or another team we may face in the playoffs. ;)

I don't know...I got it..let's ask Mark Sanchez!!

Imagined how happy we'd all be if he pick 6's the Gmen and bounces them from the playoffs.

C'mon cowgirls!

I thought that Moore was pretty much a lock to deserve another chance this season to show what he potentially had, and I am glad that they gave it to him.

He had close to 1/2 the defensive snaps for the first half of the season, and did a good job on Larry Fitzgerald as the scheme was great.

That said, he is pretty slow and while I much would've rather had him on the practice squad if needed, the other members of the secondary are stepping up and allowing us to play more man to man coverage. I won't say that he reached his potential ceiling, but I will say that he is pretty much "average" which makes him JAG.

Best wishes to him in Dallas (good lord)..

Imagined how happy we'd all be if he pick 6's the Gmen and bounces them from the playoffs.

C'mon cowgirls!

I'm not sure how often you actually get a chance to watch Dallas play, but I am stuck pretty much every game due to my wife being a die-hard fan. She gives me the courtesy of following my Pats and rooting like hell for them, so I try and do the same in return...but IT IS HARD TO WATCH!!

I would love for them to somehow knock the NYG out, as the Giants have some difficult games coming up, but that would mean that Dallas would have to win and I honestly don't see that happening too often.

They seem like 7-9/8-8 is what they are going to do just about every year right now. We can all thank our higher powers that we don't have an owner like Jones.

I like Moore...he seems like a player but he really lacks the tools.

I thought that Moore was pretty much a lock to deserve another chance this season to show what he potentially had, and I am glad that they gave it to him.

He had close to 1/2 the defensive snaps for the first half of the season, and did a good job on Larry Fitzgerald as the scheme was great.

That said, he is pretty slow and while I much would've rather had him on the practice squad if needed, the other members of the secondary are stepping up and allowing us to play more man to man coverage. I won't say that he reached his potential ceiling, but I will say that he is pretty much "average" which makes him JAG.

Best wishes to him in Dallas (good lord)..

I do know Supa, I just don't think Moore has played well enough to be considered average. He had some moments but he also frequently sucked. I don't mean to bash the guy (he was giving it his all - that says something good about him) but that is how I saw it. And, as you touched on, the secondary is stepping up. If Talib plays close to as billed and signs on past this season, him-Dennard-Arrington-<others> weren't going to leave Moore a good chance for playing time.
Having him on the PS was not a bad thing but his departure has no real affect on the Patriots. For Moore the player this move gives him a better opportunity (good for him).

...To Dallas, as per ESPN.

Sterling Moore leaves for Cowboys - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I am very sad. With McCourty behind him he could have played very aggressively

I think what happen with Moore is he had a limited ceiling and that showed this season. If he was some that BB and staff saw as developmental I'm almost certain they would of found a way to retain him either with a PS raise or putting him back on the active roster.

Looking at next season we will likely retain Talib as long as he continues to play well and behave, Dowling will be back, Dennard 2nd season and likely add a CB or SS in the early rounds of the draft.

Last edited:
Sterling will always have a place in my heart.

Hope he has fruitful career with at least one decent pay day.
Except for when he plays the pats.

good luck Sterling.

Interesting that the Cowboys play the Bengals and the Steelers in their last five games - Sterling may make a major difference in the AFC playoffs seeding.

Good luck, Sterling - you're greatly appreciated in New England.

Looking at next season we will likely retain Talib as long as he continues to play well and behave, Dowling will be back, Dennard 2nd season and likely add a CB or SS in the early rounds of the draft.

Don't remind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing