Stephanie Stradley on Deflategate and Bob McNair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemmer

On the Roster
Reaction score
http://www.stradleylaw.com/bob-mcnair-deflategate-comments/

Worth a read...

In any event, the Bob McNair Deflategate comments are a great illustration of the naiveté most owners have with the NFL discipline process. Robert Kraft and Tom Brady thought if they were fully cooperative, they would be shown to be innocent. They were both caught off-guard with the peculiar direction that the NFL took in its investigation.

That is, the NFL ignored direct testimony denying the acts. And with no real evidence, the NFL looped together timeline and text messages assumptions and then combined them with a scientific-sounding report that would never be admissible in an actual courtroom.

What all fanbases and owners miss out on is that unless you read all the documents of various -gates and have the expertise to know what they mean, you likely do not see how manipulative and unfair the NFL discipline process is. And by the time you see it firsthand, your team has already been harmed.​

She's still way too easy on Moron McNair, though admittedly he is "her" owner.

She's still way too easy on Moron McNair, though admittedly he is "her" owner.

that's probably a little unfair --- she's just generally a kind of rational be cool to each other person.
don't think she believes in an enemies list --- so, basically alien to new england culture.

This is a distraction.

NcNair: “You know, when you look back on it, if Brady had just said ‘Look, my guys know I like a softer ball, and that’s what I like, and so they do it. But I don’t go out and check the pressure of the balls, I don’t know that,’ I don’t think there would been an issue. It would have been a problem with the guys on the training staff who deflated the balls, and the Patriots would have got some kind of minor penalty, it wouldn’t have been a big deal.”

Is this not what Brady said in that first press conference?

Great that she (as a Texans fan) gets what some on this board have a hard time comprehending:

McNair: “Well, if it was J.J. Watt, I think he would have been cooperative, and it wouldn’t be a question. I don’t think J.J. would destroy his cell phone. So, you know, that wasn’t a good sign. If people had nothing to be concerned about why would a person do that?” [1. Brady didn’t “destroy” the cell phone. b. Brady has obvious privacy concerns] So it just doesn’t pass the smell test. [No pass smell test=4 game suspension, millions of dollars of salary.

That's not really what he said because McNair is suggesting the balls were deflated it's just about assigning blame. It probably would have been better for Brady if he played into the leagues delusions and chucked JJ and McNally under the bus for something they didn't do, and had no reason to think they did do. But since he's not a liar or a scumbag he didn't do that.

The NFL needs to enforce all rules harshly even if they didn’t matter because of no coherent reason I can articulate
This translation of McNair's babbling gave me a chuckle.

Now that the case has been argued and all that is left is the judges decision, all of a sudden a report that Brady would accept a suspension comes "out". Huh, there had been almost nothing regarding what each side was offering.

In the last few weeks the owners had been largely silent except for a terse 'Goodell is doing a fine job' platitudes. Almost like they have collectively been told to avoid making comments. Huh, now all of a sudden an owner, McNair, comes out making brash, media catching, loud, pointed comments.

Huh, it's almost like these happened for a reason.

You can see what a tough fight a small number of owners would have going against Goodell. A judge has smacked down the NFL for its actions in this case yet this super powerful billionaire owner comes out and, basically, acts like a mindless nitwit mouthpiece. Shocking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back