PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Step Back From The Ledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraft has been giving us hints of his desire to make more money all along. His pushes the idea that the NFL needs to expand to London, he jacks up parking prices at the stadium, and my favorite is when he turned an entire end zone section into a faulking lounge area with indoor seating and TVs.

Yeah Kraft, I see you for what you are, a guy who saw a great business opportunity and a way to separate fans from their money.

I am still a Patriots fan, but Kraft can eat a bag of ****s.

I think he did what he thought was best for the league, which he probably reasoned was a logical business decision.

As far as my "fan" allegiance to the Pats, I think that will continue but it took a huge hit. I will always be a football fan because I find the game extremely entertaining.

You are a TROll and not a very good one either. Stick that tail of yours between your legs and get on back to your dark little hole. We are discussing family business and you are not invited.
Nice family, bro. In my family we don't throw the leader under the bus.

This is definitely worse than super Bowl 42. We fought then. We caved yesterday. I don't really care if we win or lose but that we fight for 60 mins.

No, this is not - to me - worse than SB 42. That was a football game. This is a political issue meant to (1) make it more difficult for 1 team to win football games, and (2) denude one team from the full enjoyment of winning football games. But it is not, itself, losing the world's biggest evah football game, which is what 42 felt like (to me).

I'm still a fan of everyone associated with the patriots organization sans Bob Kraft.

Here is the real serious question for me. What do I really tell my children.

Here's what you tell your children, at least about being Pats fans... if that's the meaning (?)

Sometimes something very unfair happens to you in life, but you know you're right.

That's when you have a choice - you can accept whatever "everybody says," or if you're strong, you can accept that you're right, but you're less popular.

Also give the kid a snickers bar if he has turned into an older, threatening, but out-of-work celebrity shouting "an eye for an eye, that's what Dad always said!" Then he or she will turn back into an innocent kid.

No, this is not - to me - worse than SB 42. That was a football game. This is a political issue meant to (1) make it more difficult for 1 team to win football games, and (2) denude one team from the full enjoyment of winning football games. But it is not, itself, losing the world's biggest evah football game, which is what 42 felt like (to me).

Here's what you tell your children, at least about being Pats fans... if that's the meaning (?)

Sometimes something very unfair happens to you in life, but you know you're right.

That's when you have a choice - you can accept whatever "everybody says," or if you're strong, you can accept that you're right, but you're less popular.

Also give the kid a snickers bar if he has turned into an older, threatening, but out-of-work celebrity shouting "an eye for an eye, that's what Dad always said!" Then he or she will turn back into an innocent kid.

1. I was half joking about the tell my children part.

a. Personally it's sports after all, not life and death. I can compartmentalize. So for that part, I agree with you.

b. The joking part is how the media and society in general joke about deflategate and what they're gonna tell the children about air in footballs when here is a man (Kraft) who one day was fighting for his honor and the next, folded like a cheap tent because he was bullied into doing it.

2. Sb 42 was just s game. We lost fair and square. We fought for 60 mins. We didn't on this one. I can't accept that.

1. I have plenty of theories on the WTF Kraft statement. Probably the least deluded way to put it is that he decided that dropping the appeal was best for him. That is all that we know. He claims his interests align with the team's and the fans'. This is an unproven and unprovable statement.

2. He's asking for trust, pursuant to (1). This does not look like a statement to trust. I am sure that if I'm still alive when he's in his dotage we'll get the truth in someone's memoir, but who has the time.

3. Notwithstanding (1) and (2), up until this point, I have been a fan of how Kraft ran the team. Big step backward from my POV, obviously you guys all totally hate him as of right now.

4. Notwithstanding (1-3), I am a fan for life of the NE Patriots. That would be very hard to change. Insofar as the Pats play in the NFL, I'll watch the NFL. You guys who are "done with the Pats" and "done with the NFL," no need to reply. This is a Patsfans site... you'd just be trolling.

5. Somebody actually said this was a worse day than the SB 42 loss in Glendale. Seriously?

6. I don't even want to speculate on whether Kraft "got anything," whether Goodell "had something" on Kraft, blah blah blah. You can hope all you want, but fuggit. Right now it is what it is. We're out another 1 and a 4 at the very least. Feh. And I am still a New England Patriots fan.

7. Anybody else going to stay with this team? Just curious.

Well OMG PFiVA....like I wanna stay a fan of the Patriots...but like my heart is broken and hurting and I feel turmoil and angst cuz I feel like, like, like Kraft let us down. And I'm hoping like Tom Brady and Belichick want to stay but like if they left I'd kinda be ok with it....you know what I mean?:p

Fuggn, yah....I'm with ya....Patsfan for life!

I was a fan of the Patriots, I'm not a fan of the Cheaters
If we can go back to the former, I'm still in.

You never were a fan of the Pats....so don't lie. Only a fan of another team would even use that word here. So hit the road.

This is definitely worse than super Bowl 42. We fought then. We caved yesterday. I don't really care if we win or lose but that we fight for 60 mins.

I'm still a fan of everyone associated with the patriots organization sans Bob Kraft.

Here is the real serious question for me. What do I really tell my children.

THE CHILDREN??!! They'll get over it nab...no big deal for them. It's grown ups we need to worry about.

It's ok for kids to get disappointed or sad...that's life and they'll learn it one way or another. Life doesn't have to be all "happily ever after" even for children. I think we over-worry about that stuff.

Life for children is the same today as it was 50 years ago back when "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me" ruled. Children get over things much faster than adults do.

One other lesson for children:

Once you're an adult, only 1 team gets the trophy. And if you want to be that team, you have to beat the other team -- on the field.

One other lesson for children:

Once you're an adult, only 1 team gets the trophy. And if you want to be that team, you have to beat the other team -- on the field.

No trophy for you!!

sad to see so many fair weather fans..spoiled little babies, so sickening.

1. I have plenty of theories on the WTF Kraft statement. Probably the least deluded way to put it is that he decided that dropping the appeal was best for him. That is all that we know. He claims his interests align with the team's and the fans'. This is an unproven and unprovable statement.

2. He's asking for trust, pursuant to (1). This does not look like a statement to trust. I am sure that if I'm still alive when he's in his dotage we'll get the truth in someone's memoir, but who has the time.

3. Notwithstanding (1) and (2), up until this point, I have been a fan of how Kraft ran the team. Big step backward from my POV, obviously you guys all totally hate him as of right now.

4. Notwithstanding (1-3), I am a fan for life of the NE Patriots. That would be very hard to change. Insofar as the Pats play in the NFL, I'll watch the NFL. You guys who are "done with the Pats" and "done with the NFL," no need to reply. This is a Patsfans site... you'd just be trolling.

5. Somebody actually said this was a worse day than the SB 42 loss in Glendale. Seriously?

6. I don't even want to speculate on whether Kraft "got anything," whether Goodell "had something" on Kraft, blah blah blah. You can hope all you want, but fuggit. Right now it is what it is. We're out another 1 and a 4 at the very least. Feh. And I am still a New England Patriots fan.

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into the 'I not going to watch anymore' type comments as everything is still raw and people are pissed as am I. My hope lies with Brady. I hope he can fight this thing until he gets his suspension reduced to 0 games. I hope that during the process of fighting the NFL, Goodell or any of his crew get hit with embarrassing moments or leaks. I hope when the season starts that Brady is so amped and has a redwood sized chip on his shoulder that he plays like every game is the super bowl. That would fire people up and Brady's Legacy if this was at all possible will have grown even larger that it was before. Kraft will have to live with his decision and that decision will tarnish his legacy for a long time. After a few years people will remember what he did for the Patriots organization but he will always have to live with that spineless announcement.

I wouldn't go if someone gave me a ticket because he's not getting a dime from me for parking or beer or anything. Not....one......dime.

Better not watch another game on TV (legally) or purchase any NFL merchandise. If so, you'll probably amount to a dime.

Count me in. The team is not the enemy here: "hang'em high" Goodell is my villain of choice.

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into the 'I not going to watch anymore' type comments as everything is still raw and people are pissed as am I. My hope lies with Brady. I hope he can fight this thing until he gets his suspension reduced to 0 games. I hope that during the process of fighting the NFL, Goodell or any of his crew get hit with embarrassing moments or leaks. I hope when the season starts that Brady is so amped and has a redwood sized chip on his shoulder that he plays like every game is the super bowl. That would fire people up and Brady's Legacy if this was at all possible will have grown even larger that it was before. Kraft will have to live with his decision and that decision will tarnish his legacy for a long time. After a few years people will remember what he did for the Patriots organization but he will always have to live with that spineless announcement.

On the Kraft side, this should be studied in college communications programs, just as BB's "philosophy" and/or the Patriots model, from the top down, are supposedly studied in business schools. This is a case study in what happens if you over-promise or are perceived as over-promising. If you come out looking tough, however tough is defined, this group of people -- fans -- will expect you to follow through (actually, demand it). This is a bad PR strategy if there ever was a strategy at all. The simple read was that he went from POd to "aware of consequences." Every one of us wonders what the supposed consequences were that he's "considering" and since we will not know and we can't "get at" Goodell, we assume the worst (if we're thinking beyond the "spineless" talking point, which by comparison is kind).

I did notice there was a charge of anti-semitism in the anti-Kraft cavalcade on one of these threads, and I was about to pipe in and say I haven't seen any here at least... then somebody posted some derogatory "matza-eating" slur and I thought, huh, wonder what this is like up in Boston.

On the Brady side, I can see NFL Holograms telling the story about how he was a born fighter, kept fighting his way to the top, fought back to shut up the doubters X times (I kind of like 7 myself) to win the Super Bowl every time he was doubted... "and yet for some, doubts will always remain..." You know someone will throw shade forever at this period, and we'll have things to argue about in bars until we die. That's probably actually "good for the league" in the money sense. Brady becomes this Shakespearean character, sort of like Belichick already is...

On that count I do understand the people saying they're done with the league, in a way... but I guess I long ago figured out that we're the guys at the base of the pyramid, the players are at the top, and owners are the capstone. Pull away the curtain and we're all idiots. But the structure (with curtain intact) serves a huge purpose in a lot of people's lives (me included). I think they're playing with fire... a little WWE stuff is probably good for gate but the further it goes, the closer you are to the sport being unwatchable. Or maybe we'll just watch it a different way, and if the dollars flow, that's okay (by the NFL's lights.) That would suck for actual fans... but in 20 years, what is the "model fanbase" they're looking for? They claim it's people who care about neatness and non-thug players and heads-up football blah blah blah... but in the bowels of some headquarters building, have they also figured out that they're people who don't mind if the game's moneyed interests are more clearly exposed, or actually enjoy it in a Kabuki way?

What do we see in the news biz? The essence of drama is conflict. Let's show that. It's infotainment, and face it, for 7 months a year, that's the field the NFL has to play on.

Meh - this is probably just a Pats fan's concern. Everybody else thinks either (1) Cheatriots heh heh or (2) yeah this punishment was idiotic an inexplicable, but ehhhhh, Pats cheat anyway, and what's a couple of draft picks really.

Just morning rambling

You never were a fan of the Pats....so don't lie. Only a fan of another team would even use that word here. So hit the road.
I only said it because Kraft basically admitted it by folding and I was freshly pissed from finding that out.
I've been a fan of exactly one NFL team since the 80's.
Look at my post history here if you don't believe me.

I only said it because Kraft basically admitted it by folding and I was freshly pissed from finding that out.
I've been a fan of exactly one NFL team since the 80's.
Look at my post history here if you don't believe me.

You fooled me...but no sweat, I don't care enough to
Look up your post history so I'll take your word for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back