PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers Willie Colon on the Patriots (WFAN 7:40PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you beat a team, you earn the right to trash talk.

Is that a new sportsmanship ethic or something? Whatever happened to "humble in victory and gracious in defeat"?

Is that a new sportsmanship ethic or something? Whatever happened to "humble in victory and gracious in defeat"?

Not saying it is right, but if you want to shut the guy up, you need to beat them. At least trash talking after a win is better than mouthing off before a game and then going on to get beat.

But believe it or not, the Pats do trash talk, probably mostly on field, since they all sound like freaking programmed robots in press conferences.

Not saying it is right, but if you want to shut the guy up, you need to beat them. At least trash talking after a win is better than mouthing off before a game and then going on to get beat.

But believe it or not, the Pats do trash talk, probably mostly on field, since they all sound like freaking programmed robots in press conferences.

That's because they ARE programmed robots. :D Programmed robots that are programmed to win then give the press nothing but crums to eat. This year, however, the programmed robots lost some spare parts and clearly need some grease.

I agree...but that's from another decade?? Good point...

All I have to say is I wondered why we did not run more than we passed ... in the past that's what we would have done. When Brady was a rookie that's what we would have done ... why we went with the open passing game I don't get ... but ... it is what it is.

All I have to say is I wondered why we did not run more than we passed ... in the past that's what we would have done. When Brady was a rookie that's what we would have done ... why we went with the open passing game I don't get ... but ... it is what it is.

According to the all-knowing Tony Kornhole, it's because "Belichick is preparing Cassel for the playoffs". Really Tony? How did you get that little snippet considering Belichick would probably murder his children before he let you in on anything that he is doing?

He is talking out of his Colon. We were, IMO the better team going into the half.

That's because they ARE programmed robots. :D Programmed robots that are programmed to win then give the press nothing but crums to eat. This year, however, the programmed robots lost some spare parts and clearly need some grease.

Watching Welker talk--completely deadpan--about how he, not Stallworth, was supposed to be the emergency QB, and seeing the press take him as if he were absolutely serious. . . . priceless. :)

No, not off the top of my head. But let me ask you a question: what exactly did Colon say that can be considered "trash talk"? He didn't call out any of our players specifically, he didn't call out Belichick or the coaching staff ala L.T., he didn't call out Kraft, and he didn't call out the fans. He basically said what happened: the Steelers scored before the half was over, we didn't, and their #1 rated defense smelled blood in the water. Sorry, but I don't consider that trash talk. Now, if you want to talk about winning with courtesy then yeah, I'm with ya. But to call that trash talk simply borders on the ridiculous.

I guess I just disagree with his "we saw it in their eyes" crap. When the Pats beat a team that turned the ball over 5 times, I'm figuring, to a large part, that team self destructed. This "we saw the fear in their eyes" crap is a little much.

Last edited:
Just heard his response to the following question: Tell us what happened in the 2nd half of the Pats game?

Colon: It actually started just before the half. We saw it in their eyes. We just had to take them into deeper waters in the 2nd half.

He then went on to clarify: It is a team philosophy. We bring teams into deep water and let them drown.

What a tool. If the Pats score before the half or if Slater doesn't fumble a kick off (nothing to do with the Steelers drowning the Pats), who knows how things would have turned out. I'd love to meet them again with a couple of players back from injury.

Has anyone ever (or at least since BB has been here) heard a Patriots player say anything remotely like this disrespectful garbage about a team they've just defeated? Or am I getting that selective memory thing?

Just heard his response to the following question: Tell us what happened in the 2nd half of the Pats game?

Colon: It actually started just before the half. We saw it in their eyes. We just had to take them into deeper waters in the 2nd half.

He then went on to clarify: It is a team philosophy. We bring teams into deep water and let them drown.

What a tool. If the Pats score before the half or if Slater doesn't fumble a kick off (nothing to do with the Steelers drowning the Pats), who knows how things would have turned out. I'd love to meet them again with a couple of players back from injury.

I'm not too sure we were gonna win on Sunday with or without the fumble, but I was just trying to imagine Brewski or Vrabel making a comment like Colon's about any opponent, let alone a reigning AFC Champion, back in the day... Somehow, I couldn't imagine them saying anything like that. But then again, the guy does have to go through life with the same name as his poop maker.

Last edited:
His statement was pretty classless, but when you lose, you sometimes have to put up with shiite like that.

How is that being a tool, he was right. Stop being such a sensitive little girl.

Not sure how some are construing his comments as classless or 'disgusting.' He didn't disparage the Pats at all. I think he simply meant they could see the Pats were getting frustrated at he end of the first half, which is probably true.

And for those folks claiming the Pats would never do something like this, please. Sending the Dolphins a photo of their middle finger with the ring on it after 2001. Dancing on Chargers logo.

Sending the Dolphins a photo of their middle finger with the ring on it after 2001.

LMAO!!! Are you serious? I've never heard that before. That's awesome, if true.

It's awesome when it's your guy, it's 'disgusting' and 'classless' when it's the other guy. go figure.

How is that being a tool, he was right. Stop being such a sensitive little girl.

No, he wasn't right. The Pats didn't crap their pants just before the half. They played like crap, but the didn't crap in their pants at the prospect of the Steelers dragging them into deeper waters. And I could give a crap what he says, just thought you guys would find it amusing. Don't read next time.

Last edited:
Not sure how some are construing his comments as classless or 'disgusting.' He didn't disparage the Pats at all. I think he simply meant they could see the Pats were getting frustrated at he end of the first half, which is probably true.

And for those folks claiming the Pats would never do something like this, please. Sending the Dolphins a photo of their middle finger with the ring on it after 2001. Dancing on Chargers logo.

Showing frustration and showing fear are two different things. I heard the interview & he was alluding to fear. If he had intimated frustration, I wouldn't have posted his comments.

It's awesome when it's your guy, it's 'disgusting' and 'classless' when it's the other guy. go figure.

I would expect that type of behavior between division rivals though. I know I'm probably alone in that thought process but hey, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back