PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers vs. Jets- which benefits the Patriots?(merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. Chargers will finish 10-6 but most likely a wild card to KC. They're the only team in the AFC I'm worried about having to face. Whatever it takes, keep them out of the playoffs. Not sure of tiebreakers so I hope that Pitt, Balt and Jets all finish 11-5 or better. I think the best result this weekend is the Jets beating Pitt.

The Chargers in San Deigo scares me. The Chargers in Foxboro. Not nearly as much. Odds are that if the Chargers and Pats play, it will be in the Division round. That means the Pats will face them with a week's rest while the Chargers will have to travel across country (possibly on a short week since the Pats might get the Saturday night game depending on who is still in the playoffs) and play in the cold in Foxboro.

The way the Pats are playing, I fear no one. I just want to see the Jets* totally collapse and miss the playoffs. That would be a sweet cap on their season after all the talk from Sexy Rexy.

*Caught Cheating

As much as I hate it, I am rooting for the Jets.

If we beat Green Bay, and the Steelers lose, we hold a two game over Pittsburgh for home field with 2 to play...

Am I correct there or am I reading it wrong?

I, too, would prefer that the Steelers lose (Jets win). It is so unlikely that the Patriots don't win the division at this point that it's not worth worrying about. Keeping the #1 seed is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back