PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers vs. Jets- which benefits the Patriots?(merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pulling for the Steelers so the threat of them catching us will keep the Patriots focused. Put the pedal to the metal and don't let up until after February.

This game could end up being 5-2 or 8-5. I see a very ugly game coming up.

Re: ATTENTION: We're rooting for the Steelers next week, NOT the Jets

I'm rooting for the Steelers. **** the Jets- if they somehow win the game, they might still salvage their season. As long as we take care of business against the Packers, I think we lock up a bye either way anyways, and I'm not afraid of the Pats playing in Pittsburgh.

Even if the Jets win out, don't you think NE would love to host the Jets in Foxboro? They'd be simply salivating at the prospect.

The Pats aren't losing 2 of their next 3 three. The #1 seed was for all intents and purposes locked up today. Yes, the unpredictable can happen, but I think the chances of Pitt winning out while the Pats drop 2 of 3 are extremely low.
You're probably right. But if the Pats should drop 1 of their next 2 and Pittsburgh goes 2-0, then that last game against Miami becomes a meaningful one. I would rather have that game not matter, and Belichick can pick and choose who plays and who doesn't. Maybe someone gets banged up and could use the week off. I'd rather have the luxury of not caring than to face it as an important game.

I was wondering this, if the Patriots have the same record as the Steelers and both have division leads, does that mean that the head to head match up versus the Steelers (a W in our case) guarantees us #1 seed?
If it's just the Pats and Steelers then yes. If it were a 3-way tie involving Jax or KC, then head to head would get thrown out the window. And yes, I know that would take a complete NE collapse and it isn't going to happen, but I am just speaking hypothetically.

Heinze Field, our home away from home :D

I can't claim to care who wins this game based on playoff implications. Whatever happens in the playoff picture happens. I don't worry about who might be the first team the Pats play given possible scenarios. My preference would be the Cravens just to settle the debt from last year's playoff loss.

With that said, I would like to see the Jets fall because the New York media response would be priceless. Talk big, fall big. It's just good theater.

Last edited:
Who to root for the Jets or Steerles this SUnday?

I have to say that I am leaning towards pulling for the Jets. If the Pats win and the Jets lose the division is won. If the Jets win on Sunday and the Pats win on Sunday, it eliminates the Steelers from taking the number one seed on the Pats, and all the Pats have to do is split between the fins and the Bills.

Tough call I hate both teams, it would be good to wrap up the division next week, but it will also be good to secure the one seed next weekend.

Tough call, I guess I am leaning towards pulling for the Jets. But I live in NYC, and would love to see Jets fans sweat out even making the playoffs if they get their 3rd loss in a row, but I think for the Pats, its better if the Jets win.

Re: Who to root for the Jets or Steerles this SUnday?

I don't know about the Steerles, but I sure am pulling for the Steelers this Sunday!

i'm not worried about either team. I guess that means i want the Jets to win and beat out Indy/SD in the wildcard race.

At home i don't see how the Steelers or Jets could beat us.

The asteroid.

I'm rooting for a sink hole to swallow Heinz Field.. with both sides playing at the time.

I'm rooting for Big Ben to get jailsexed.

bingo!

A sloppy horrible tie, just to see both teams suck.

A tie would be the best thing

How about a tie?

Jets must lose! New York Jets fans must suffer!

a tie with both teams scoring in the negative?

I really want the Jets to win, if only for the pleasure seeing Tom destroy them one more time

Tie!! That would be laugh out loud funny. They would both have to kiss their very ugly sisters.

Even though the Steelers have struggled against Brady,I don't want to see a team led by a veteran 2 time SB Champs QB playing in a do or die situation...they have experience with many of those players in big games,regardless of the past between these two teams.

I want any team but Pittsburgh in New England

no way i can root for the jets and seeing them lose 3 in a row would be AMAZING :rocker:

asteroids.jpg

I would pay $100 to see the Steelers win 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back