PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers release WR Hines Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually what is embarrassing is your comments here.

This kind of crap is an insult to the 3 Patriot teams that won it all.

So, the Patriots won because the SB is fixed?

You claim that it's embarrassing, but please prove that my recollection of how that game went down was incorrect. Did those PI calls not give the Broncos unbelievable field position time after time? Did those field positions not turn into deciding points? Did you agree with all of those PI calls? I doubt that you did. I am sure you sat by your t.v. after those calls and calmly said to your friends or partner "that call was tough but fair. The pats were clearly interfering there.. I sure am glad the refs called that to keep the game fair"

I am sure you have no problem (as most kind folks on this board) when people complain about the officiating in our games. But when someone puts all of those bad games together and looks at them, and sees a definate pattern... you take exception to it.

and to stoke the fire even more.... yes... I believe the 2001 team was nudged to a superbowl title. It's not just a coincidence that a team named the Patriots won it all (out of nowhere) right after 9/11 happened.
It wasn't handed to us, but talk about PI calls... there were virtually none, and the Rams receivers were wearing our DB's as backpacks. Ty Law looked like Yoda riding Luke Skywalkers back in return of the Jedi.

The Saints also came very close to winning a SB directly after Katrina.... and 1 year removed from being a laughing stock franchise for their entire existence. Now, I absolutely believe they were a good team on the rise, turned around by a good HC, decent draft and a good Quarterback pickup.... its just a coincidence I can't help but think about.

I don't believe that titles can be guaranteed by officials.. but outcomes can definately chang based on eroneous calls.

Look at all the dubiously bad officiating in the playoffs in the last few years. It's curious how bad it gets when the biggest games outcomes are on the line.
AFCCG 2006 for example. The Pats did a fair amount to hand that game away, but the bad, biased officiating made sure it ende so that the Pats didn't make a mockery of the salary cap era. For more proof, see the 2007 SB... or as I like to call it. The "we can't let a team go undefeated in the salary cap era bowl"
This is a business, and you would be a fool to not think about it from the business angle that the league sees. Small market teams that win don't generate the revenue that a team with a large following does. If Seattle had won, what do you think the t-shirt, hat and DVD sales would be? If Arizona and Jacksonville played in a superbowl... what would the ratings be? It's funny how that stuff never happens anymore, even though there is a salary cap and profit sharing.
Theres a reason that the WWE is a huge money machine and real wrestling can't find it's way onto public access.
I think it's been obvious in the past just how much the honorable Commissioner Goodell will do to make sure teams in New York get handed advantages (like his cap manipulation this past offseason that benefitted the Jets) and that a certain New england team has been handed a crap sandwhich to swallow and pretend to enjoy it.

I do believe that the league tries to let the games play out in most cases. But when there is a huge business advantage or dissadvantage to a certain team winning.. well then the flags get airborn.

It's all about money.. first and foremost. If you believe otherwise.. then you're naive.

Like I said, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just have a pair of eyes and a brain, and realize that cash makes the world go round.
I wish I didn't feel this way. It makes it tough to enjoy my favorite sport. I also wish I could still believe in Santa Claus... but logic prevents it. Just as it prevents me from not realizing the advantages to controling games outcomes.

Last edited:
You claim that it's embarrassing, but please prove that my recollection of how that game went down was incorrect. Did those PI calls not give the Broncos unbelievable field position time after time? Did those field positions not turn into deciding points? Did you agree with all of those PI calls? I doubt that you did. I am sure you sat by your t.v. after those calls and calmly said to your friends or partner "that call was tough but fair. The pats were clearly interfering there.. I sure am glad the refs called that to keep the game fair"

I am sure you have no problem (as most kind folks on this board) when people complain about the officiating in our games. But when someone puts all of those bad games together and looks at them, and sees a definate pattern... you take exception to it.

and to stoke the fire even more.... yes... I believe the 2001 team was nudged to a superbowl title. It's not just a coincidence that a team named the Patriots won it all (out of nowhere) right after 9/11 happened.
It wasn't handed to us, but talk about PI calls... there were virtually none, and the Rams receivers were wearing our DB's as backpacks. Ty Law looked like Yoda riding Luke Skywalkers back in return of the Jedi.

The Saints also came very close to winning a SB directly after Katrina.... and 1 year removed from being a laughing stock franchise for their entire existence. Now, I absolutely believe they were a good team on the rise, turned around by a good HC, decent draft and a good Quarterback pickup.... its just a coincidence I can't help but think about.

I don't believe that titles can be guaranteed by officials.. but outcomes can definately chang based on eroneous calls.

Look at all the dubiously bad officiating in the playoffs in the last few years. It's curious how bad it gets when the biggest games outcomes are on the line.
AFCCG 2006 for example. The Pats did a fair amount to hand that game away, but the bad, biased officiating made sure it ende so that the Pats didn't make a mockery of the salary cap era. For more proof, see the 2007 SB... or as I like to call it. The "we can't let a team go undefeated in the salary cap era bowl"
This is a business, and you would be a fool to not think about it from the business angle that the league sees. Small market teams that win don't generate the revenue that a team with a large following does. If Seattle had won, what do you think the t-shirt, hat and DVD sales would be? If Arizona and Jacksonville played in a superbowl... what would the ratings be? It's funny how that stuff never happens anymore, even though there is a salary cap and profit sharing.
Theres a reason that the WWE is a huge money machine and real wrestling can't find it's way onto public access.
I think it's been obvious in the past just how much the honorable Commissioner Goodell will do to make sure teams in New York get handed advantages (like his cap manipulation this past offseason that benefitted the Jets) and that a certain New england team has been handed a crap sandwhich to swallow and pretend to enjoy it.

I do believe that the league tries to let the games play out in most cases. But when there is a huge business advantage or dissadvantage to a certain team winning.. well then the flags get airborn.

It's all about money.. first and foremost. If you believe otherwise.. then you're naive.

Like I said, I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just have a pair of eyes and a brain, and realize that cash makes the world go round.
I wish I didn't feel this way. It makes it tough to enjoy my favorite sport. I also wish I could still believe in Santa Claus... but logic prevents it. Just as it prevents me from not realizing the advantages to controling games outcomes.

If there was even a chance of that being true, it seems odd that just two months after 9/11, the NEW YORK Yankees had a 3 games to 2 lead in the World Series, and a 1 run lead in game 7 in the bottom of the 9th inning with the greatest postseason closer ever on the mound, and lost to a small market team. Imagine what the t-shirt, hat and DVD sales would have been if the New York Yankees overcame what happened to the city to win it all. If the bottom line is money and things can be manipulated, someone really screwed up on that one. :rolleyes:

You need medical help. A prescription of some sort. Or just admit you are a Steelers fan.

You need medical help. A prescription of some sort. Or just admit you are a Steelers fan.

Of course everything's fixed. The Godfather made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

After all, Goodell was born and raised in New York.

If there was even a chance of that being true, it seems odd that just two months after 9/11, the NEW YORK Yankees had a 3 games to 2 lead in the World Series, and a 1 run lead in game 7 in the bottom of the 9th inning with the greatest postseason closer ever on the mound, and lost to a small market team. Imagine what the t-shirt, hat and DVD sales would have been if the New York Yankees overcame what happened to the city to win it all. If the bottom line is money and things can be manipulated, someone really screwed up on that one. :rolleyes:

Baseball is not as closely influenced by official interference as Football. Not even remotely close.
When a homerun flies into the centerfield stands... are you holding your breath waiting for the officials to call it foul?
Strikes and Balls are a call that can effect a game, but are not remotely close to a PI call that places a ball at the 1 yard line. That's like ruling a strike as a triple or home run.

Like I said... call me crazy if you'd like. I figured I would be atacked by some people here who don't want to admit that at times, the game might be fixed (we all know professional sports games were never, ever, ever found to be fixed in the past :rolleyes: ).. heck, I don't like thinking it either. Or by people who just want to attack people for their viewpoint (we've never seen that on this board)

BUT.... to call me a Steelers fan?!?!?! That's below the belt :p

Not to mention, ridiculous.
Did you read the post? Did you not see that it all started (and continued) with the idea that I believe the Steelers were friggin handed their 2005 SB title?

Besides it being something that I (and anyone else with a brain) could see very obviously, I think it precludes me from being a Squeelers fan.

I am a Patriots fan... a season ticket holder... and supporter, no matter what happens on the field.

Call me crazy as much as you want. Because I will just call you Naive, closed minded and ask you how it is living in fairytale land, where everything is fair..and no'one is ever corrupt or influenced by money.

Either way... I'm done with this for now. If you think i'm some crazy sociopath, Put me on ignore if you wish. Just quit being childish.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I've been saying for years that the men in black at the league offices orchestrated that 2005 Steelers title.
It would have been embaressing for the "parity" league if they let the Patriots win 3 in a row.
Luckily for them, a handful of questionable PI calls gave the Donks a handful of 1st and goals in that game.
It's hard for even Jake Plumber not to orchestrate a score from that field position.
I still remember recognizing the point in the game that Plumber realized they were being handed the win and just started humming it downfield to gather the PI calls. That stupid, knowing smirk of his will be burned into my brain until I die.
Not going to even get into the Champ Bailey/Ben Watson touchback non-call.
Of course the league was also not going to let a small market team win the big one against the steelers. Seattle never had a real chance. Neither did Arizona for that matter. the only way a small market team wins the SB is if 2 small markmet teams make it to the superbowl... and that would take a serious breakdown of the officials gameplan for that to happen.

I realized long ago that the league would never allow another Patriots SB title in the BB/TFB era.
I think theres enough evidence in the ways our seasons have ended since 2004 to convince anyone but the blindest Patriot hater.

It's this belief that has made it hard for me to enjoy football for the past few years. I view it (the playoffs at least) as not much better than the WWE in recent years, as far as reality.
I truley wish I didn't believe this, as i'm in no way one of those conspiracy theorists.

There's my 2 cents.. commence the flaming! :p

LOL... With respect sir, your post suggests you are the very definition of a conspiracy theorist ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back